Angry(please Read)

Topic locked
Angry(please read) Oct 23, 2006
just been told that my dentist treatment received in dubai was not done to a high standard, really feel cheated by this as i was quite friendly with him and recommended him to all my friends, also this is the recomended dentist for the Burj Al Arab.
Basically there was root canal treatment done to a wisdom tooth and a crown fitted on top, both costly and lenghly processes.
But the filling and cleaning of the tooth wasnt properly done and now its going to to have to be removed, the dentist said it should have been removed in the first place as wisdom teeth dont really have any major functions regarding eating ect......

r. Adnan Ahmad
B.D.S.M Sc. (London)
Dentist
Sheikh Zayed Road
Saeed Tower II

Nothing can change what happend but i have warned you :evil: :evil: :evil:

175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 23, 2006
Dude,

The "London" and "Dentist" was a dead giveaway if you ask me :wink:

Never heard of root canal on a wisdom tooth.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 23, 2006
Just pull it out! They're useless.

They don't even make you smarter!!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 24, 2006
just disapointed :cry:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
if the dentist is not Swedish he/she is not good :P

the only good dentists in dubai are the swedes ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
hahahaha it is really funny you mention that maaad, I was just in Abu Dhabi and was talking to the staff there as I’m in search of a good dentist and they said the same thing, the only dental clinic worth going to is the Swedish one in AD although the swedes have all left and the entire staff is now Egyptian :shock:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:if the dentist is not Swedish he/she is not good :P

The right way to avoid this is to care a lot about our teeth ! i mean prevention and if any trouble start with ,i agree with IAN that extraction still the better way because nobody has the power to do what has the nature done so perfectly before .
oeillet
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 28, 2006
Why the heck would you do anything to a wisdom tooth! You just pull the things as they're not used for anything whatsoever.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:if the dentist is not Swedish he/she is not good :P

my dentist is iranian and received her degree from germany where she worked as a dental surgeon before comming here....

i think she's great :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Angry(please read) Oct 30, 2006
Arrrrrrrr,:twisted:
that reminded me of my experience with dentists !!
I spent like a fortune on 3 teeth!!!
Yet last summer I spent only 1/3 to fix what the dentists did for the prev.3 and other 4 !! and finally it was done well but it was done in syria !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2006
speaking about dentists, can somone please recommend a good dentist in abu dhabi? swede or any other nationality is fine as long as he/she does a good job.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Tell me about it! Nov 16, 2006
The Swedish Dental Clinic in Sharjah - recommended by a friend ( but maybe she is not fussy. )
First stop, the scarily rude, chain smoking, Eastern European receptionist. Second hurdle, the shabby and tastelessly decorated waiting area. OK, it's recommended...............I'm in pain....... just give me novocaine.
Then comes the dentist. Yes, OK, he's not bad, kills the pain, very friendly, speaks good English. Swedish? No. Jordanian/Palestinian.
OK. Agree I need extensive treatment- he knows I've been avoiding dentists. Embark on treatment - so far so good?
Guy is very friendly, offers good discounts etc. - ahhhhh, but there is a price? Half way through the treatment, the pressure is on. I did this for you, so you do this for me. And so on.........and so on.............
I changed dentist when it all got too much but close friend I advised to go to this guy was really ripped off.
I don't wanna be racist, but honestly, sometimes we are seen as fair game.............
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
My first dental test and cleaning here is with an irani dentist. I find the dentist very professional and his clinic is very clean and tidy so with all his apparatus that are being used to the patient.

My suggestion: Before you'll let your teeth touch by a dentist, seek consultation first with the dentist and while discussing things out roll your eyes around the clinic. In your ratings they passed the standards then go for it, if not walk out from the clinic as soon as possible. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 01, 2006
Yes, OK, the majority of practioners are probably good, but what do you do when you have been ripped off? It seems to me that there are cheats and charlatans who are basically guilty of malpractice and get away with it because people don't do anything about it for a variety of reasons.
Has anyone out there ever sued for malpractice? :?:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
sauron dude, would you please make your avatar a lil smaller. thanks. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 01, 2006
:oops: Hoooooooooow? I got it from the gallery. And I am somewhat IT challenged, shall we say??
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
Find another avatar then..not this too big.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
:D And I thought bigger was better - at least it gets you noticed.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai