Why Do Men Beat Their Wives???

Topic locked
Oct 30, 2006
Ok ok scare face, we understand your feeling. relax ok?

But I dunno where you from, here in Dubai I dont believe its a "cultural norm" as you call it. Lay one finger here on anyone and you'd say
buh bye!

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 30, 2006
Scare Face wrote:Look where we live- its a CULTURAL NORM, its been happening for generations mothers tell there duaghter its ok, duaghter see there father beat there mothers and there mothers make excuses, say it was my fault... ALL I KNOW I WOULD BRAKE MY FATHERS NECK IF HE TOUCHED MY MOTHER

ummm, no woman in my entire family (from my mums side...excluding her unfortunately) has ever even had a man lay a finger in a negative way on them...they are worshipped by their husbands, fathers, brothers....

and it is most definately NOT a cultural norm here...my fiance has never even raised his voice on me...and trust me...ive given him plenty of reason to do so..

so think about what you just said before you go and accuse others of what you think...especially if its wrong
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
worshipped?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:worshipped?

lol...kind of...i mean, if you saw they way they were treated you would think so....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 30, 2006
Its nice to sometimes be treated like a princess, or a shaikah in this region :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 08, 2006
Domestic violence is a worldwide occurence, not only with Muslim cultures. I was brought up in South Africa for 10 years of my life and saw many a South African couple beat each other or just one sided, mainly due to influence of alcohol.

In fact, the divorce rate in SA is amongst the highest in the world, and of the six different countries i have lived in, the South African men rate among the highest in my opinion for treating their women badly.No offence meant here to any SA men on this forum, it's just my observation.

There is a shelter for women to go to in the UAE, i saw an article about it in a magazine last year. You can also call Al Ameen and get help.
http://www.dubai.ae/portal/en.portal?da ... Label=view
Your calls are kept confidential.

Dont accept violence against you, and never believe it's your fault. No matter how heated the argument, walk away, dont beat her/him. You degrade yourself and the relationship, and lose respect for each other.

My heart goes out to your neighbour - there is no excuse for it. you often hear women say "but i love him and when he is sweet he is wonderful". That kind of "self-convincing" is dangerous and the woman will always be under his power. Get help and get it soon.
island_sands
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 08, 2006
island_sands wrote:
Dont accept violence against you, and never believe it's your fault. No matter how heated the argument, walk away, dont beat her/him. You degrade yourself and the relationship, and lose respect for each other.

My heart goes out to your neighbour - there is no excuse for it. you often hear women say "but i love him and when he is sweet he is wonderful". That kind of "self-convincing" is dangerous and the woman will always be under his power. Get help and get it soon.

What a prowess... very well said. We need someone like you in DF! :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 01, 2006
its women fault,why she don't tell to police clearly?
And i really hate who beat the wife,Wife is like a beautiful flower,I am still single but my feelings always positive for wives.
Kashif Khan
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 01, 2006
Kashif Khan

Haha. It's enough you are brining up an old thread, but then you write it's
womans fault so I just had to comment you and say; you are funny.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 01, 2006
He's funny and maybe bored. But he compares women to a flower. Poor Women. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 01, 2006
Beating is wrong, either way. Some women get their own back in rather radical ways: Remember John Wayne Bobbett?

Ouch!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 01, 2006
Men beats wives / women regardless of thier religion. agreed that ration in muslims is higher.

Beating any one regardless of sex is not good. if something bothers you or annoying you stay away from it.
abdalrasheed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 01, 2006
in some cases beating of women are justifying but there are lot of other ways to handle them. Beating is not the solution. Beating will worsens the situation
abdalrasheed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 01, 2006
"agreed that ration in muslims is higher."

That's bull. But you are at least trying to fill in with something smart to
write, it just stopped when you came to that sentence.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 01, 2006
abdalrasheed wrote:in some cases beating of women are justifying but there are lot of other ways to handle them. Beating is not the solution. Beating will worsens the situation

What is the solution then? :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
Some men say they "love and respect women", until their woman pisses them off. Then it becomes the woman's fault for upsetting him and causing him to harm her. There is always an excuse. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 02, 2006
abdalrasheed wrote:Men beats wives / women regardless of thier religion. agreed that ration in muslims is higher.

Beating any one regardless of fun is not good. if something bothers you or annoying you stay away from it.

abdalrasheed wrote:in some cases beating of women are justifying but there are lot of other ways to handle them. Beating is not the solution. Beating will worsens the situation

so do you have any statistics proving that beatings occur more when muslims are concerned?

also, how can you say that beating someone is justified? what situations would deem a justified beating?

other than those two things...you make a good point.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 02, 2006
I hope he is a muslim, cause otherwise what he says can't be true!
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
Burken wrote:I hope he is a muslim, cause otherwise what he says can't be true!

Even if he is a Muslim, doesn't make what he says true.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 02, 2006
"in some cases beating of women are justifying" + "agreed that ration in muslims is higher" = He must be muslim!
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 05, 2007
I am married and not even once laid my hand on my wife. If you can notice man who beats their wife most of them are under the influence of drugs or alcohol their wife stays at home doing household chores. Some of the men beat their wife because of jealousy they are thinking that the wife is always at home and maybe is cheating on them dickass attitude. My question is do you know someone a wife who is working and earning money for her family got beaten by the husband? Because I know someone his a guy not working because their company had recession and he was the one taking care of their children because the wife told him instead of paying a nanny maybe the husband will be the one to drive the children in school and go buy groceries. It tooks years with that situation and the wife started bragging that shes the one providing for the family this and that, the husband could do anything because he is not earning any cents then the guy got pissed off and started throwing foul language the wife got irritated and throw kitchenwares to the husband and the guy never fought back because he again realizes that the wife is the one providing for the family.

I don't know if this situation would help in realizing that not only some men beats their wife but also some wife beats their men.
pitbulero
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 05, 2007
so you dont do no drugs ????

cause thats a damnn shame homie ...

i mean MARY J be da drug of peace ... so smoke that herb an continue admirin ur woman even if she aint fine .. u feel me .. hahaha.. yea im on it .. damn its bionic though it aint chronic .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 05, 2007
Drugs? I have tried that when I was in College smokin hemps, but now I'm married Why should I, But I do drink and smoke, I did got too drunk whats the difference anyway? If your a user here in our country you can't get drivers license, police clearance, and couldn't find a decent job because we have a drug testing here before entering a new job or renewing drivers license how can I drive my car?
pitbulero
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 10, 2007
pitbulero wrote:because we have a drug testing here before entering a new job or renewing drivers license how can I drive my car?

do you seriously have to get drug tested before getting a job?
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2007
well you do a medical check up and a blood test before you can get a job, every company requires it
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 10, 2007
this is why men beat their wives.....

coz they change the topic and act smart...

sometimes its the only way they ever understand...
dubai_sale
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2007
dubai_sale wrote:this is why men beat their wives.....

coz they change the topic and act smart...

sometimes its the only way they ever understand...

Now this is a real sweety :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2007
back off sage...ive been trying to get this one for a while now....

i know i know, why bother when i could have any guy i want.

well....hes different :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
bushra21 wrote:back off sage...ive been trying to get this one for a while now....

i know i know, why bother when i could have any guy i want.

well....hes different :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 11, 2007
Unfortunately it is something that is passed down over generations and becomes embedded in the families psyche (its the same with alcoholism and child abuse and many other issues). It takes someone very strong and progressive to break the cycle of dysfunction.

I was really lucky to have been raised in a family without domestic violence abuse in the home. As I grew up in this environment - I learned instinctively not to hit a women, but had it been part of my daily environment - would I be the same? I can say 'yes' being who I am, but only because I am the result of what formed me as a person.

I remember a friend of mine back home - who i would say was the same as myself, for him to hit a women or someone who cannot defend themselves is something you never did - ever!. He is a big guy and can handle himself well. Once in a club he saw a guy punching the back of girls head while holding her arm in a bad position.

He went over and lamped the guys chin knocking him out cold on the floor. Five seconds later the girlfriend (as we found out later) smashed a bottle over the back of his head screaming leave him alone.

Most people who experience violence from a partner - will leave.

Unfortunately there are some who see it as part of family life - who will always stay and accept it. They need a lot of help and counseling to get over this.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance