Airport Road Tunnell

Topic locked
Nov 27, 2006
Asshats, especially 666 - he's going to get someone killed.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 27, 2006
with a plate like that he likely has a quota to fill...
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 27, 2006
Hey, in today's paper...I think 666 got caught again. Man, he really is Satan.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 28, 2006
People, go to the Dubai Police website and look up fines for Ajman plate "B 666" (our favourite Range Rover Sport). You're in for a shocker.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 28, 2006
gtmash wrote:People, go to the Dubai Police website and look up fines for Ajman plate "B 666" (our favourite Range Rover Sport). You're in for a shocker.

Dhs. 12,200.00, its a mockery of the system
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 28, 2006
I really don't understand why Dubai, being one of the richest governments in the world and having quite a few rich inhabitants, isn't worried enough about holding a record for most dangerous roads the make some other arrangement than more speed cameras and higher fines. Take bad drivers damn licenses away!

or perhaps the fines make too much money for the government to do this.

(sorry if I am at all incoherent, I'm sick and a little delirious.)
bear
Dubai chat master

Nov 29, 2006
this is awesome
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 29, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Asshats, especially 666 - he's going to get someone killed.

I just found out that this guy is apparently the son of the Ajman ruler, maybe bear or another reliable source can confirm though?

for those that are interested, feel free to check out :

http://www.emiratestodayonline.com/road/youdecide.htm
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 29, 2006
fayz wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Asshats, especially 666 - he's going to get someone killed.

I just found out that this guy is apparently the son of the Ajman ruler, maybe bear or another reliable source can confirm though?

for those that are interested, feel free to check out :

http://www.emiratestodayonline.com/road/youdecide.htm

Are the red lines in the fine system of Dubai Police indicating Red Light??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oh to have a hummer Dec 01, 2006
If you are gonna drive here ( and let's face it, you will not be any safer taking a taxi) then get the biggest, meanest, most solid vehicle that you can afford. A Hummer is good, a tank is even better. I wish I had a helicopter.
And never by a second hand car from a local or from Al Aweer - they have had the s**! beaten out of them!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
Dude, not all of us can afford a hummer. :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Hummmmmmmmm.... Dec 01, 2006
No, babe, but you get the next bestest, biggest thing........Volvos are not cool, but.......
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
Most of us can't afford volvos too but we can get photos of it & paste in our walls. :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Fly, drive........ Dec 01, 2006
You know, I've got it. Rent a place within walking distance of your work, etc. Ít's the only way to do it. Or we hijack 666 and steal his car....but you can pay the fines!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
I'm renting a place i.e walking distance from my work place coz i can't drive. :lol: What's the point of buying a car dude? :D

In case you were able to steal 666...let me know. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Oh to have a hummer Dec 01, 2006
sauron wrote:If you are gonna drive here ( and let's face it, you will not be any safer taking a taxi) then get the biggest, meanest, most solid vehicle that you can afford. A Hummer is good, a tank is even better. I wish I had a helicopter.
And never by a second hand car from a local or from Al Aweer - they have had the s**! beaten out of them!

I can make your future Hummer flip over in 10 different ways with my little old Mercedes.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Oh to have a hummer Dec 01, 2006
gtmash wrote:
sauron wrote:If you are gonna drive here ( and let's face it, you will not be any safer taking a taxi) then get the biggest, meanest, most solid vehicle that you can afford. A Hummer is good, a tank is even better. I wish I had a helicopter.

I can make your future Hummer flip over in 10 different ways with my little old Mercedes.

This I gotta see
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 01, 2006
I think you did already - on the tunnel CCTV!
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 01, 2006
:lol:

Hey, anyone realise that those speeder photos in the papers could just become an expensive competition between rich kids on who can get their photo in the paper with the fastest time?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 01, 2006
yeah looks like the range rover and the orange merc are winnin that competiton right now :shock:
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 01, 2006
:roll: Awwwwwwww, put another hairbrained idea into their heads, why dontcha? I've seen guys who've taken pictures of their speedos on their mobiles at 260 kph.
Now they can go one better.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 02, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:yeah looks like the range rover and the orange merc are winnin that competiton right now :shock:

It's a real shame though, considering the Red Range Rover has Dubai Police traffic fines going back to 2002, which also must mean that the car has certainly not had the registration re-newed and is also probably not insured.
Why is this allowed???????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
how can a car be not registered???? he wud have had to buy it frm somewhere right??
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 02, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:how can a car be not registered???? he wud have had to buy it frm somewhere right??

What I meant to say was registration re-newed, whaich has to be done on a yearly basis at the Police Department
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
cheap_Deal wrote:how can a car be not registered???? he wud have had to buy it frm somewhere right??

What I meant to say was registration re-newed, whaich has to be done on a yearly basis at the Police Department

Actually, his fines date back to 2000. But here's the kicker - the Range Rover Sport HST seen in the picture did not exist back in 2000 or even in 2002.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
It is likely from his other cars, what I've heard is some people will buy a car and just take the plates of their old car and move it on to the new, the Range is likely not registered at all.

i.e. the tickets from 2000 are from his old ride.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 02, 2006
fayz wrote:It is likely from his other cars, what I've heard is some people will buy a car and just take the plates of their old car and move it on to the new, the Range is likely not registered at all.

i.e. the tickets from 2000 are from his old ride.

Yeah he has kept his old registration number, did it myself for the last 2 cars. However you can only do it when you pay the outstanding fines with the Police Department, so who is this person and why is he getting away with it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 02, 2006
There are some total idiots on the road.

My first reaction is to want to get out and lamp them..but you cannot do that anywhere let alone dubai and i am not about to endorse it :)

Earlier on (off topic somewhat) i stopped to tie my shoelace in the petrol station and a driver in a big four by four paaps on his horn for me to get out of the way (he could not make his turn in the space he had). I should at this point mention I was on the pavement leading to the gas station shop (submerged onto driveway) and was not having one of my best days.

I just thought ' c'mon then pal, you clearly have a problem here, so get out of your car and lets sort it out' but thoughts of cell sharing put me off quickly :)

anyway for all i know they mat have even been thinking - 'oh I better just let that nice young man know i am in his vicinity' :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 02, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
I just thought ' c'mon then pal, you clearly have a problem here, so get out of your car and lets sort it out' but thoughts of cell sharing put me off quickly :)

anyway for all i know they mat have even been thinking - 'oh I better just let that nice young man know i am in his vicinity' :)

Hehe
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 02, 2006
gtmash wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:

Hehe

Yeah right!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat