Do You Like Martial Arts? Sports?

Topic locked
Nov 17, 2006
Yeah well a month would be good, and if you really like it you could plan a much longer trip the next time around! Do update us once you're there ya?

Used to do taekwondo when till my teens but stopped short of getting my black belt, but frankly speaking .... *whispers* its sooooo boring! :)

brayker
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 17, 2006
brayker wrote:Used to do taekwondo when till my teens but stopped short of getting my black belt, but frankly speaking .... *whispers* its sooooo boring! :)

is it??I do not know I have not done it for a long time but I really enjoy kick boxing iam doing it 3 times a week. I feel the time pass very quickly, I really hate the gym and I find it repetitive but kickboxing so far it has been fun.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 17, 2006
Everyone tells me kickboxing is fun and a great workout .. which reminds me *taps belly* i need to get rid of this, too much beer and mutton makes a deadly diet!! :oops: :oops:
brayker
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 17, 2006
brayker wrote:Everyone tells me kickboxing is fun and a great workout .. which reminds me *taps belly* i need to get rid of this, too much beer and mutton makes a deadly diet!! :oops: :oops:

trust me you are not alone, i do not have beer belly but i have put on weight while been stressed with my studies and sitting in the pc for over 16hr a day. kickboxing put me in great shape in no time. i start doing karate few years ago but i got bored easily and i gave it up. i know i will stick to kick boxing, because it is great fun, espcially if some one is in your mind to kick then what best way taking it out in the punch bag :lol:

another one which seem fun but iam not that flexible for it yet is capoeira ? it is amazing brazlian martial art, a fight ??a dance!!!

sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 17, 2006
WOW! the list of wanting to be in "kickboxing" is getting longer. :D Enjoy ladies!

It's really effective physical fitness. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 17, 2006
Speaking of martial arts.. I'm into Traditional Jujitsu at the moment...
Really enjoy it... mind blowing stuff! Not for everyone though.. too much pain..
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nov 17, 2006
Andyba wrote:Speaking of martial arts.. I'm into Traditional Jujitsu at the moment...
Really enjoy it... mind blowing stuff! Not for everyone though.. too much pain..

It's an ancient martial arts. I like the soft style as i am a woman. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 18, 2006
Andyba wrote:Speaking of martial arts.. I'm into Traditional Jujitsu at the moment...

is that what steven segal does??
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 18, 2006
sara_uk wrote:

Does he really do the Martial arts os is it just acting along with a stunt man?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 18, 2006
By speaking about martials arts, I am into a new discipline : Artistics martial arts also know as Musical Form or Trickz (you can see some on www.bilang.com) and as I am coming to Dubai next year, i would like to know if anyone interested by organizing a training crew for freestyle martial arts/parkour, that kind of stuff...
Anyone ? :P
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 19, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
sara_uk wrote:

Does he really do the Martial arts os is it just acting along with a stunt man?

iam sure he does some form of martial art, not sure what though!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 19, 2006
I am still sleepy. I watched the boxing held in Las Vegas. Gosh, the main event only lasted for 3 rounds...the mexican figther (the former WBC, WFC) knock down. WOAH!!!..End of the mexican regime... :cheers:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 19, 2006
asc_26 wrote:I am still sleepy. I watched the boxing held in Las Vegas. Gosh, the main event only lasted for 3 rounds...the mexican figther (the former WBC, WFC) knock down. WOAH!!!..End of the mexican regime... :cheers:

Hey Manny Pacquiao won!!! :wav:

yippeee... :lol: :lol: :lol:
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 24, 2006
ive done kung fu, kickboxing and muay thai, im still supposed to be doing muay but im so busy with work, ive only been like 10 times in the last 12 months!!

well im coming to dubai for a year from dec 2006, so i hope there are places to do these things. otherwise i will stay in the hotel gym and get fit that way (boring)
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 24, 2006
tell me about it, i hate gym!! so boring i love outdoors
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 24, 2006
sara_uk wrote:tell me about it, i hate gym!! so boring i love outdoors

i am in the gym for like 2 hrs everyday.. its become the highlight of my day.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2006

Ditto. I enrolled for three months and I just went in twice only. What a waste of money!

Now, Im enjoying my kickboxing classes - though it's very tiring. But it is very good exercise and self defense too. I think Im gonna give up smoking soon.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Do you like martial arts? Sports? Nov 26, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I love martial art, I enjoy watching martial art movies and I started learning kick boxing. Iam going To Thailand to learn muay thai, it is my dream holiday. Anyone here enjoy martial art?

by the way iam not violent person :lol:

Famous last words....(as she throws a kick) hehehehe
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 26, 2006
weary_heart wrote:

Ditto. I enrolled for three months and I just went in twice only. What a waste of money!

Now, Im enjoying my kickboxing classes - though it's very tiring. But it is very good exercise and self defense too. I think Im gonna give up smoking soon.

Good to hear that weary. :D Hmm...how's muscles pain? (for the first week of training). :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Good to hear that weary. :D Hmm...how's muscles pain? (for the first week of training). :wink:

That's the not so good part of kickboxing!!! :D Awwww - my legs.... but I'll get used to it. I have thrice a week classes. So it should be ok soon. ;)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2006
weary_heart wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Good to hear that weary. :D Hmm...how's muscles pain? (for the first week of training). :wink:

That's the not so good part of kickboxing!!! :D Awwww - my legs.... but I'll get used to it. I have thrice a week classes. So it should be ok soon. ;)

Your muscles will be fine soon. :D Hmm.. you will really feel ligth after 2 weeks of continous training and ohh..refreshing feelings - all your negative vibes were kickout.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
weary_heart wrote:

Your muscles will be fine soon. :D Hmm.. you will really feel ligth after 2 weeks of continous training and ohh..refreshing feelings - all your negative vibes were kickout.

You are so right Asc. Plus with my dancing classes - Im gonna be physically fit!!! woo hoo Also, my muscles will be firm. :wink: Join us if you like! It is so much fun...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2006
^^enjoy your kickboxing dear. I will be meeting you soon once i'm done with my unfinish business..hehehe..
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
asc_26 wrote:^^enjoy your kickboxing dear. I will be meeting you soon once i'm done with my unfinish business..hehehe..

Looking forward to that... See yah
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2006
These ladies are tough :wink:
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 27, 2006
So nobody will mess up with us! ;)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2006
weary_heart wrote:So nobody will mess up with us! ;)

Ain't that the truth :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

hee hee

C'mon we need to defend ourselves - kickboxing is best for streetfighting! hahaha
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2006
weary_heart wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

hee hee

C'mon we need to defend ourselves - kickboxing is best for streetfighting! hahaha

Don't get me wrong WH, I am not denying you the right to defend yourself, I only wish more ladies would take it up.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Don't get me wrong WH, I am not denying you the right to defend yourself, I only wish more ladies would take it up.

That's why I asked Asc and Zam to join me, unfortunately they couldnt.

I have only one lady classmate in KB who happens to be my officemate. he he he
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat