Basic Monthly Salary

Topic locked
Basic monthly salary Nov 06, 2006
I have been offered a job and the company is paying me 2500 AED, they are paying for accomidation, ticket back home once a year, 30 days paid holidays plus commision and company shares.

Is this wage good for me, is it normal to negitiate and how much with out going too far. I am a personal trainer in the finess field.

eneo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2006
To be honest, it seems a bit low. :(

Try searching in the Expat Help section, there might be some topics that can help you with your situation. :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 06, 2006
A personal trainer should get much more than that to my knowledge. Maybe you're asian?
2500AED wont get me nowhere even if I were to live in a 3x3m room with 4 other people and eat only a shawarma the whole day.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2006
Thanks guys

I am European. So what salary would be ok to go for?
eneo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2006
That is very low. I would be at least looking for double that. Not that i know what the average salary is for a personal trainer, but I would have thought you should be on a lot higher then that.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

my job offer Nov 23, 2006
ive accepted my job offer, i move from the uk to dubai, the company pays me 130,000AED/year, 2 free return flights for holidays, 4 weeks holiday as normal, 3 months free in a 4* hotel while i look for a place to live, and 78,000AED towards living for the next 12 months.

i think this is great, especially as the job i do is not difficult, real dream life scenario, im only 24!

well what do you all think. sorry if its off topic but im new to this
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 24, 2006
Hi Dave,

Please help us get a job like your plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Aeliya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: my job offer Nov 24, 2006
dave101 wrote:ive accepted my job offer, i move from the uk to dubai, the company pays me 130,000AED/year, 2 free return flights for holidays, 4 weeks holiday as normal, 3 months free in a 4* hotel while i look for a place to live, and 78,000AED towards living for the next 12 months.

i think this is great, especially as the job i do is not difficult, real dream life scenario, im only 24!

well what do you all think. sorry if its off topic but im new to this

What's your job?
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 29, 2006
im basically a salesman, selling materials to companies. i do it in the uk but theres alot more work for me in dubai

but from other forums, it seems that if you get 20,000AED/month, that is a good salary, but im getting only 10833AED/month, im beginning to worry it wont be enough
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 06, 2006
hi, dave.

you do have a dream job. like aeliya says, can u help us get one too?

i am an accountant, also with over 5 years of experience in office management.
r.lalaine
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 13, 2006
Dave can you specify your qualification and experience..You are getting too much,why you are worried.Is that salary with comission or what?
NaXx
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 13, 2006
dave101 wrote:im basically a salesman, selling materials to companies. i do it in the uk but theres alot more work for me in dubai

but from other forums, it seems that if you get 20,000AED/month, that is a good salary, but im getting only 10833AED/month, im beginning to worry it wont be enough

It will be enough... just, but I wouldn't call it a dream salary.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 13, 2006
my qualifications are full college and university degree too,

2 years experience in the same company, and also being the only guy in the office with no real ties to keep him from relocating, so im lucky i guess.

the salary is a salary, no comission has been included, which i can negotiate on after i make it successful over here.

any more input will be appreciated by all you people, also im looking to join in the social side of things, anyone up for the safari day i keep hearing about?

ive been here a week now, and its not quite what i expected, all the prostitutes are fun to start with, but now i just go to the english bars.
when i say 'fun to start with' i mean that they all come over to you, i havent done anything with them!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted