Whats Missing

Topic locked
whats missing Jul 26, 2005
Hey guys just been reading this forum for a while now.
And im curious What would u guys rate as the top 10 things that are missing in Dubai. Of the top of my head id say hooters and strip clubs. U guys know anything else?

hypnotic4oru
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 26, 2005
my friend ur living in a muslim country, so be happy with what you have. If u want strip clubs I guess dubai is not the place for you.
rasta
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 26, 2005
rasta wrote:my friend ur living in a muslim country, so be happy with what you have. If u want strip clubs I guess dubai is not the place for you.

agree :glasses1:
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2005
I think Dubai needs more variety of shopping malls.... where I come from we have different shopping places, lots of choices... apart from the chain shops we have small shops around, a lot them selling their own designs (and they are not expensive at all), each shop has it's own style. We also have a great market where you can buy cheap and trendy stuff!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2005
NNNNnoooooooo! Not more malls - enough already!

Not enough things for younger people to do to get out and have fun.

THe coffee culture seems to be growing here so I'd like a nice suqare with decent coffee houses where you can just chillout with friends.

Less pretentious places to eat and drink.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2005
Are there any indoor climbing centres?
How about bungy jumping?
Canyoning centre?
Ocean kayaking tours?

That's what I'd like to see more of!
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 26, 2005
Yeah that's the stuff.
They do climbing at Wafi.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2005
More equality
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:More equality

What you mean?
Etoundi
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 26, 2005
good bands
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2005
Tolerable weather!
Axeman
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 27, 2005
cheaper ownable houses
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: whats missing Jul 27, 2005
hypnotic4oru wrote:Hey guys just been reading this forum for a while now.
And im curious What would u guys rate as the top 10 things that are missing in Dubai. Of the top of my head id say hooters and strip clubs. U guys know anything else?

You are a moron.... strip clubs and hooters?? Dubai is a Muslim city in a Muslim country, as things stand, Dubai is more open than most other Islamic nations. I say to you, open up a strip club and lets see how long you live or at the very least how long you remain outside prison....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 27, 2005
Cheaper housing... More affordable nice restaurants.... Possibility of naturalization is the greatest thing missing... Too bad that 20 year residency thing wasn't true...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2005
GET RID OF THE TRAFFIC ,, i dont know ,, any means would be good ,,,,,, i just hate the traffic ,, i get crazy if i am stuck in it . any way ,,, i dont know ,,, sometimes i feel like there is no SPIRIT in dubai , i know that dubai is nice ,, and everyone who sees it likes it . but i still feel this ,, i mean if i go to spain ,,, france ,,, ,, its different ...
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2005
Liban wrote:Cheaper housing... More affordable nice restaurants.... Possibility of naturalization is the greatest thing missing... Too bad that 20 year residency thing wasn't true...

totally agree with the cheaper housing thing
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:More equality

hey Pumpkin ,, you always seem annoyed about this ,,, anyway where are you from ? you know , if you ment the advantages for the locals ,, well,, i dont agree with you, coz its their country and they should be prioritized . but if you mean equality in rights in general ,, well that is a nother thing .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2005
Not the locals, I meant for the people that do like 90% of the work in this country and dont get shit.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 28, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Not the locals, I meant for the people that do like 90% of the work in this country and dont get shit.

so you are indian ?????????????? :shock:
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2005
castellano wrote:GET RID OF THE TRAFFIC ,, i dont know ,, any means would be good ,,,,,, i just hate the traffic ,, i get crazy if i am stuck in it . any way ,,, i dont know ,,, sometimes i feel like there is no SPIRIT in dubai , i know that dubai is nice ,, and everyone who sees it likes it . but i still feel this ,, i mean if i go to spain ,,, france ,,, ,, its different ...

point one ... traffic is a enhancement ..... 5 years back there are no trafc
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 02, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
castellano wrote:GET RID OF THE TRAFFIC ,, i dont know ,, any means would be good ,,,,,, i just hate the traffic ,, i get crazy if i am stuck in it . any way ,,, i dont know ,,, sometimes i feel like there is no SPIRIT in dubai , i know that dubai is nice ,, and everyone who sees it likes it . but i still feel this ,, i mean if i go to spain ,,, france ,,, ,, its different ...

i know that 5 years back there was no traffic , i was here 5 years back .

now what do you mean by traffic is an enhancement ??? do you think its good to have the traffic jam here in dubai ?????? man , this is crazy
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2005
castellano wrote:
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Not the locals, I meant for the people that do like 90% of the work in this country and dont get shit.

Hell no fool, I'm TEXAN!!!!!! :lol: Fortunatly, I dont abide by any of the expat rules and such because technically I am not an expat :shock:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 02, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:
castellano wrote:

Hell no fool, I'm TEXAN!!!!!! :lol: Fortunatly, I dont abide by any of the expat rules and such because technically I am not an expat :shock:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2005
I'm outside the box! :wink:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Aug 03, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:I'm outside the box! :wink:

expat rules? :roll:

would that be general disregard for the local culture? if so, i'm sure as hell not an expat either
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2005
castellano wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:

now what do you mean by traffic is an enhancement ??? do you think its good to have the traffic jam here in dubai ?????? man , this is crazy

its a joke moron ... and yeah ive been here for 13 years now ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
castellano wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:

its a joke moron ... and yeah ive been here for 13 years now ...

ahaaaaaaaaa,,,ok ok ,,, but i think you dont suffer from traffic ,, i think you use one of your disks to fly over the traffic ,,, :lol:
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat