Will Religions Become Extinct Once The Life Is Discovered ?

Topic locked
Will religions become extinct once the life is discovered ? Jul 18, 2005
I always had this question in my mind. Primitive men used to worship fire , water etc, cos they didnt know the "source" and how to create them. As man got intelligent Paganism was born where men worshipped unknown Gods with power and natural calamities were taken as "wrath of God" so they came up with ways to "appease" Gods. Then came monotheism which says there is only one God who controls the universe and our fate. What is the main reason that drives men to believe in the religions other than morals , virtue and other stuffs? In all the religions there is so called "life after death" where one would stand trial for the deeds one has commited during the life of Earth. The fear of death or the dark path where nobody returns drives the "mortal" man to belive in concept of religion. What if somebody invented a way to make the dead alive, will man believe in the concept of "religion" anymore? :roll:

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2005
Will you finally kill yourself when you come to terms with your love of men?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 18, 2005
I guess we'll find out when scientists figure out a way to revive people who've had themselves cryogenically frozen after they've died.

How about being able to tranfer your consciousness into something or somebody else? OR is it definately linked to your body.

There are new religions starting up all the time, why do people need something to BELIEVE in? Why can't they just believe in themselves? and each other?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Will you finally kill yourself when you come to terms with your love of men?

Why would he kill himself? He will only end up cherishing his life more than he does currently as soon as he comes to terms with that...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Will religions become extinct once the life is discovere Jul 18, 2005
sniper420 wrote:What if somebody invented a way to make the dead alive, will man believe in the concept of "religion" anymore? :roll:

What you are talking about is sick and evil...

Besides, I doubt that you would want to get laid with a homo-zombie... He will not eat the right part of your body... Well then again, zombies need brains and you, my friend, are quite deficient in that area..
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2005
Liban, it's a very valid and interesting question.

Don't just dismiss other peoples views and questions, why don't you try answering with something intelligent.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2005
It's not sick and evil, if a person didn't ask questions like this I'd be seriously worried about them. To not question and to go through life blindly believing everything that is spoon fed to you is unhuman and goes against everything that a person is and capable of.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2005
Thats nice... you keep living your life then wondering if the dead will ever come alive...

In reality my friends, the dead will walk the earth on judgement day... But its not really a bunch of roten corpses as per the zombie movies, rather the souls of the dead who will rise to be judged by the angels...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Will religions become extinct once the life is discovere Jul 18, 2005
Liban wrote:
sniper420 wrote:What if somebody invented a way to make the dead alive, will man believe in the concept of "religion" anymore? :roll:

What you are talking about is sick and evil...

Besides, I doubt that you would want to get laid with a homo-zombie... He will not eat the right part of your body... Well then again, zombies need brains and you, my friend, are quite deficient in that area..

Ahh now who is immature? It's known that God has given us brains to question everything but asked us not to question who is God and where did he come from cos one will ee not get the answer when the soul is still in the body. It's because of our "coconuts" that makes us differnt from other animals (except Liban's and pumpkin's dont have coconut juice). If you guys can't stand the question Liban and Pumpkin why dont u guys take cyanide and die and wait till the day of judgement and leave this serious topic alone.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2005
Just payback for you poisoning other topics with your childish comments, refer your stupidity to Fight Club as we agreed
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 18, 2005
Get lost sniper420...

Oh and when you get to dubai run around naked on Sheikh Zayed and pray a huge truck runs you over and then stops, reverses, tramples you again, then drive forward making you one with the asphalt before continuing his journey...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2005
Liban wrote:Get lost sniper420...

Oh and when you get to dubai run around naked on Sheikh Zayed and pray a huge truck runs you over and then stops, reverses, tramples you again, then drive forward making you one with the asphalt before continuing his journey...

what the hell r u talking about? U wanna suicide with ur bf to escape from mullahs... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2005
Interesting basis for a question sniper...hope I've got the gist of it right...what happens to faith when one comes face to face with evidence to the contrary? And I don't mean religion in particular...Am sure its more than just a case of amending one's beliefs and carrying on, must have a huge psychological impact, the feeling of having lived a lie. Can be quite devastating I'd imagine (Non-sequitur : The best movie about faith IMHO is Contact, loved it!)

Anyways a good case in point would be the Doomsday prophecy...I'm a bit sketchy about the details...but supposedly Doomsday was scheduled for 1000 AD...when it didn't happen they amended the date to 1033 (1000 years after the crucifixion so end of the first millennium in those terms) and then later to 1666 (1000 + 666 the number of the beast...incidentally the great fire gutted london that year) and has been pushed back countless times since (I remember one of those years 1997 coincided with my high school finals, and I couldn't help wonderin if I preferred that to the prospect of knuckling down and studying :P) ... Am sure people were shaken en masse when Doomsday didn't happen...coz they must have been preparing for the Apocalypse and life after death...and for a lot of people that must have been the foundation of their faith, so to have that taken away must have lead to a lot of pathos and hopelessness...and one without faith can be like a rudderless boat (don't mean faith in a religion specifically, though at that time that must have been all encompassing), wonder if that contributed to the onset of the Dark Ages in Europe
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 19, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
Liban wrote:Get lost sniper420...

what the hell r u talking about? U wanna suicide with ur bf to escape from mullahs... :lol:

:roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2005
Liban and Sniper can you please keep your bitching to fight club! People are tiring of your rants constantly taking over each topic, if you have nothing to say on a subject - don't bother!

And if one of you makes a stupid comment, do you think you could possible be big about it, rise above it and not retaliate so you end up fighting all over again.

What so of impression do you think you give to visitors of the forum?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 20, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Liban and Sniper can you please keep your bitching to fight club! People are tiring of your rants constantly taking over each topic, if you have nothing to say on a subject - don't bother!

And if one of you makes a stupid comment, do you think you could possible be big about it, rise above it and not retaliate so you end up fighting all over again.

What so of impression do you think you give to visitors of the forum?

Yes Choco I have been saying this to LIban. Just check the beginning of this forum, who started messing up? :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2005
Well now...about the initial questions.
Thats an aweful lot of "what ifs" isn't it.

Thats just doubts in your mind. The truth has been here all along.
People just chose to ignore Godly truth and depend on the truths they can dig up.

Rasing of the dead was only done by God and Jesus.
Jesus has revived many as written down in the bible.
But thats actually giving back Life. Not just simply reanimating a corpse.

And as for Nik, the Doomsday(date) is unknown.
Nobody except God knows. Not even Jesus knows.
You can only see it coming when ALL the things thats said has come to past.
You need to see a HUGE increase in natural disasters.
And if you look at a graph recording earthquakes on earth as far back as anyone can remember, since 1995 there has been a shapr increase in it. Its approximately 5 folds. If thats not a sign..then I don't know what is.
And throughout recorded history, this kind of increase has never been seen. Not EVEN CLOSE to what you see today.
People pay too much attention to "Doomsday" itself when the bible says:
"When the Gospel has reach EVERY CORNER of Earth, THEN,the end will come."
Gospel = Good news (Jesus's ressurection and His work on the cross)

Stop the "what ifs" and look at the tangible evidence thats here today.

God Bless all.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 20, 2005
abs wrote:Well now...about the initial questions.
Thats an aweful lot of "what ifs" isn't it.

Thats just doubts in your mind. The truth has been here all along.
People just chose to ignore Godly truth and depend on the truths they can dig up.

Rasing of the dead was only done by God and Jesus.
Jesus has revived many as written down in the bible.
But thats actually giving back Life. Not just simply reanimating a corpse.

And as for Nik, the Doomsday(date) is unknown.
Nobody except God knows. Not even Jesus knows.
You can only see it coming when ALL the things thats said has come to past.
You need to see a HUGE increase in natural disasters.
And if you look at a graph recording earthquakes on earth as far back as anyone can remember, since 1995 there has been a shapr increase in it. Its approximately 5 folds. If thats not a sign..then I don't know what is.
And throughout recorded history, this kind of increase has never been seen. Not EVEN CLOSE to what you see today.
People pay too much attention to "Doomsday" itself when the bible says:
"When the Gospel has reach EVERY CORNER of Earth, THEN,the end will come."
Gospel = Good news (Jesus's ressurection and His work on the cross)

Stop the "what ifs" and look at the tangible evidence thats here today.

God Bless all.

See abs , we are only mammals in this Earth for now possesing the mind which we can imagine and possess the desire to turn the imagination to a reality. We are the only ones who can manipulate and dont follow our instincts. I strongly belive you have to question everything what's wriitten in the bible as the more questions u can answer the stronger the faith becomes and viceversa. So we have to ask "what if" .Now you deeply believe in religion which says a person can die only once. Now what if a guy who is brain dead for a day is brought back to life using some technique if we ask him what did he see when he was dead for a day, if he replies that he didnt see any angels questioning him would u beleive in bible anymore?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2005
You stupid retard. Its already happened to have people who were prounounced dead and then came back to life...

They see themselves rise from their corporal form and then they feel a comfortable warm pull towards a dark tunnel with a light at the end...

Read up on issues being discussed before you start spewing your crap on the forum...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2005
Liban wrote:You stupid retard. Its already happened to have people who were prounounced dead and then came back to life...

They see themselves rise from their corporal form and then they feel a comfortable warm pull towards a dark tunnel with a light at the end...

Read up on issues being discussed before you start spewing your crap on the forum...

those were con men like u.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 20, 2005
sniper420 wrote:those were com men like u.

You make no sense...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 21, 2005
YEs Sniper, read the Holy Bible. Question its authenticity and the "fairy tale" like stories inside.
Then search for the truth. You will find it.
And you will be like me once you have all these things staring in your face.

About 456 prophecies were fullfilled by Jesus.
Acoording to the science of "Probability"...its almost impossible to get 3 or 4 of them dead on. Let alone that many.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 25, 2005
If God is omnipotent and She is all things, would it be safe to assume that she is nothing also?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 25, 2005
yea...and if you are human black specie, would be logical to say you are white?

Or would it be right to say that I am a very rich poor man?

The answer is "No".

Everything cannot possibly be "nothing" at the same time.

But God did say He is the "Invisible" God.

But then again, the word "invisible" does not neccessarily mean "nothing" but simply cannot be looked at.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2005
hi all ,, well, too much opinions about this. but before i start , i would say to liban , why are you so angry about the guy's question ??? ok ,, i dont agree with him about the " what if we can get alive again ?" but no body can prevent anybody from asking ,,, i mean ,, if he wants to ask about God << its his right to ask about Him .and i totally agree ,, whith the one said that he would be worried if he didnt ask ,, you are living in a ( what we can call ) civilized country _ canada i think _ and you are answering the guy this way ???? well,,, from here we can see that being an extremist is not related to Islam !!!!!!!!!!!

anyway , sniper ,,,, well,, your question was wrong from the begining . you said : men started worshiping fire , trees ..... etc . and when they got clever they created so and so .. ... ,, and i say ,, Adam , used to worship God,,, by time ,, man has lost the way ,,, coz human being usually gets corrupted , then that is the reason why God sent Prophets and Messengers , to re-guide Man , to the right way,and each time they lost it ,, God sent another Prophet,, ...... etc. of course this is what i believe in as a believer in a certain religin .

now for the : if scientist find a way to make deads rise alive again . Do you really think that its possible ,,, i mean if its possible ,, i would really be happy ,, but ,,, its not related to science ,,,its something that even science cant explain ,,so far at least ,,,, they dont know the secret of life , its what we call spirit ,,, ok ,, i agree with ppl ,, who said that Jusus made deads rise alive ,, although i am not a christian , i am a muslim , but i believe in Jesus as all muslims do , but not the same way that Christians do . anyway , that was a gift from God .

I will ask you a question , can the scientists make a sperm grow to be alive outside the uterus ? I mean its the same question ,, in your question , scientists have a dead body to rise alive ,, in my question : scintists have at least a sperm , which is moving ,, ( i dont know if you can consider that alive ) ,, coz i dont . but if you consider the sperm alive , then it will be easier for the science to find a way to make it grow outside the uterus ,,, i know that you are asking that question coz you are concerned about beliefs ,,, but if you are skeptical ,, i think ,, you must consider my question too .

i wish i didnt miss anything .

i understand that coz me myself had doubts once . but not anymore .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2005
Erm dude, I'm totally confused about your sperm questions, do you know about biology, you need an egg also to create a human being, and if that's you're question, yes we can already, that's what we call test tube babies, IVF etc etc.

With regards to Libans rants about 'near death' experiences. There has been much speculation over why everyone who has had a near death experience sees the same thing i.e. a dark tunnel with a light at the end, and the hovering sensation looking down at yourself. Well from a scientific point of view, when a person is near death the body releases massive amounts of endorphins into the system to numb any pain a kind of natural anaesthetic. So in that sense it's only natural that everyone would experience the same thing as everyone is for want of a better word 'High'.

Here's another one for you. With the recent developments in cloning technology and extracting DNA from extinct species, it is very nearly possible to bring back a once living species using another as the host in which to grow the embryo. With this in mind, if you cloned a dead human being, would the clone contain the memories and experiences of the dead person? Would they also inherit the same soul and have the same personality? Would they make the same choices?

Go to town on this one! :shock:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2005
science and religion are 2 separate things... one cannot relate into another. science is to proof while religion is to believer.

as the world evolves, technology changed our way of living along with our religious beliefs... but even with these changes, as for me, i need religion
to feed my soul.
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 26, 2005
Yep agree totally choc I think 'near death experiences' are because of the chemical cocktail our nervous system whips up at moments of stress...not to mention that our brain probably subconsciously copycats the near death experience we would expect to see after hearing about the door/white light scenario in so many cases

As for cloning, yeah sure, if a person's brain is cloned as well, it would contain all the memories/experiences as well as the emotions attached to them....we tend to think of memory as something intangible, but really experiences are hardwired into our brains (its proven that our brain chemistry actually alters visibly after behavior modifications)...As for the soul, thats a tough thing to encapsulate, perhaps we classify at as something vague because we don't want to understand it...Maybe the soul is just a combination of genes, hormones and experiences, in which case yeah definitely should be preserved in the cloning process...perhaps cloning would help us understand the science behind being human, which really is still a mystery to us...They say that we can never understand how our brain works, because to have that level of understanding, our brain would have to be even more complex and the complexity always outruns the capacity to understand that complexity!
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 26, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Erm dude, I'm totally confused about your sperm questions, do you know about biology, you need an egg also to create a human being, and if that's you're question, yes we can already, that's what we call test tube babies, IVF etc etc.

With regards to Libans rants about 'near death' experiences. There has been much speculation over why everyone who has had a near death experience sees the same thing i.e. a dark tunnel with a light at the end, and the hovering sensation looking down at yourself. Well from a scientific point of view, when a person is near death the body releases massive amounts of endorphins into the system to numb any pain a kind of natural anaesthetic. So in that sense it's only natural that everyone would experience the same thing as everyone is for want of a better word 'High'.

Here's another one for you. With the recent developments in cloning technology and extracting DNA from extinct species, it is very nearly possible to bring back a once living species using another as the host in which to grow the embryo. With this in mind, if you cloned a dead human being, would the clone contain the memories and experiences of the dead person? Would they also inherit the same soul and have the same personality? Would they make the same choices?

Go to town on this one! :shock:

helloooooooooooo,, i know that you need an egg to complete the operation ,, i just refered to the whole orperation by the sperm,,, and i know about the tube testing ,, man ,,Doly became more famous than Michile jackson ,,, but what i ment is to make it all outside the uterus ,, not only the meeting of a sperm and an egg ,, they will need the uterus at the end ,, why ???????????? this is my question . they cant make the product of a sperm and an egg come alive outside the uterus.. you got me this time ?
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2005
panaghoy wrote:science and religion are 2 separate things... one cannot relate into another. science is to proof while religion is to believer.

as the world evolves, technology changed our way of living along with our religious beliefs... but even with these changes, as for me, i need religion
to feed my soul.

well,,,i totally dissagree with you ,, maybe coz i am muslim , i dont know if there is another muslim person here that might give his openion on this too. for islam ,, the too things go together ,, of course i dont mean that every muslim has to be scientist , and not every scientist has to be a muslim , this way we will be disragrding the nature of human being.

what i ment is Islam never stands opposite to science , not only this , the first word that has been sent to Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him and all messengers ) was READ , of course it implemented the meaning of thinking in the whole universe according to the rest of those first words that have been sent to him .

another thing ,, all the time Quraan is being found talking about scientific situations ,, that only have been discovered recently,,, ( few hundreds years or even much less than this ) , of course Quraan has talked about this 1400 years ago . and there are proofs of this . any one wanna check it out may make a search on Sheik Abdul Majid Al Zendani ,,, he is a proffesor of islamic studies , and specialized in science in Quraan. here fast link that i found : http://www.quranicstudies.com/article83

you may make a further search on that .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums