FIGURE SKATING IN UAE

Topic locked
FIGURE SKATING IN UAE Jul 16, 2005
Dear All,
Let develop UAE figure skating. All ideas & suggestions are welcome!

Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 16, 2005
That's like making a Jamican Bobsledding Team, it's crazy......... :roll:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 17, 2005
[quote="Pumpkin Escobar"]That's like making a Jamican Bobsledding Team, it's crazy......... :roll:[/quote]

I love that movie! :)
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 17, 2005
Not really, seeing as we do actually have several ice rinks!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 17, 2005
It was a joke slick :wink:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 18, 2005
I am not kidding. Please see "Khaleej Times" 14 July (City Times), "Gulf News" 21 June - Tabloid, "Khaleej Times" 4 July page 8, etc, "Connector" June, "Evening Post" 30 April, Russian magazine: "Russian Emirates", etc, etc. You are missing something: we are on starting point of new era: UAE Sport Era - be part of it! Support Figure Skaing - sport and art, combined in one!
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 18, 2005
[quote="Chocoholic"]Not really, seeing as we do actually have several ice rinks![/quote

- Good Morning! Are you from the Moon?

We have Olympic size ice rinks in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain.
Small ice rinks in Al Ain Shopping Mall, Dubai - Hayatt Regency, Sharjah women's club.

Plus 2 upcoming Olympic size ice rinks in Dubai (Dubai Sport City)

Plus 7 figure skating coaches (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah) - 2 of them with Intenationl Classification Master Degree in Figure Skating, former International champions.

Plus over 50 strong figure skaters, aged from 5 to 20, who practicing almost every day for many hours and already won in America, Canada, Asia (ISI competitions).

Good Morning Again!
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 18, 2005
Larissa20 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Not really, seeing as we do actually have several ice rinks![/quote

Small ice rinks in Al Ain Shopping Mall, Dubai - Hayatt Regency, Sharjah women's club.

Plus 7 figure skating coaches (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah) - 2 of them with Intenationl Classification Master Degree in Figure Skating, former International champions.

Plus over 50 strong figure skaters, aged from 5 to 20, who practicing almost every day for many hours and already won in America, Canada, Asia (ISI competitions).

Good Morning Again!

i hate to break it up to you sweet heart WE DONT CARE!!! your annoying !
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 18, 2005
Ice skating is cool. :)
BrownEyez
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Larissa20 wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Not really, seeing as we do actually have several ice rinks![/quote

Good Morning Again!

- I see, that is why every 5th in UAE saffers from overweight, people are sick, weak, etc. Is it food and sleep - all YOU CARE ABOUT? Don't read this topic, if it annoys you. And, excuse me please, but - who you are?
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 18, 2005
I agree... Whats the point of a forum if one can't post what he/she is passionate about. I think ice skating is loads of fun even though I am the world's worst ice skater :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2005
Liban wrote:I agree... Whats the point of a forum if one can't post what he/she is passionate about. I think ice skating is loads of fun even though I am the world's worst ice skater :)

- Dear Liban,
Thank you very much for the support!

"UAE figure skating" - may sound crazy, but it is joy, fun, health, sport, art, music, and lots of more...
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 19, 2005
Larissa20 wrote:
Liban wrote:I agree... Whats the point of a forum if one can't post what he/she is passionate about. I think ice skating is loads of fun even though I am the world's worst ice skater :)

- Dear Liban,
Thank you very much for the support!

"UAE figure skating" - may sound crazy, but it is joy, fun, health, sport, art, music, and lots of more...

I agree. Only its not fun for me all the time because I always fall flat on my face!! :lol:

Seriously guys, lay off Larissa20...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2005
Larissa20 wrote:
mAJOR pAIN wrote:
Larissa20 wrote:

Good Morning Again!

- I see, that is why every 5th in UAE saffers from overweight, people are sick, weak, etc. Is it food and sleep - all YOU CARE ABOUT? Don't read this topic, if it annoys you. And, excuse me please, but - who you are?

im sorry my post was rude and out of line ... but then again i dont really like ice skating,
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 24, 2005
Appriciate if you send (e-mail, fax) the below texts to as many Airline companies / Hotels, as possible.

Thank you,

TO AIRLINES:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have an offer for you, which may work on your company image and strength.

There are two figure skaters, who are the only couple skaters in UAE. They are - with no doubt - the best skaters in Dubai and could "grab" a lot of attention in "Skate Asia-2005" competition, in Thailand, 13-20 August. (For more information please visit website: http://www.skateasia.org/ )

The skaters are ready to participate in following categories:
- Freestyle 10 Single, Female
- Freestyle 10 Single, Male
- Artistic 10, Single - Female, Male
- Couple, Freestyle
- Couple, Artistic

Unfortunately, they cannot afford the trip financially and I was thinking if your Airline could provide them two-way tickets for the competition – it would create image of your company as an active participant in Dubai Social, Leisure, and Sport life, caretaker of youth and a promoter of a healthy lifestyle.

Please note that both skaters are young (17 years old), very outstanding and presently work on getting professional qualification in figure skating.

I will very much appreciate if you can help them.

Sincerely Yours,

Larissa
UAE figure skating and healthy lifestyle promoter
050 55 945 89
profi222@emirates.net.ae

TO HOTELS:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have an offer for you, which may work on your hotel image and strength.

There are two figure skaters, who are the only couple skaters in UAE. They are - with no doubt - the best skaters in Dubai and could "grab" a lot of attention in "Skate Asia-2005" competition, in Thailand, 13-20 August. (For more information please visit website: http://www.skateasia.org/ )

The skaters are ready to participate in following categories:
- Freestyle 10 Single, Female
- Freestyle 10 Single, Male
- Artistic 10, Single - Female, Male
- Couple, Freestyle
- Couple, Artistic

Unfortunately, they cannot afford the trip financially and I was thinking if your Hotel could provide them a place to stay during the competition – it would create image of you as an active participant in Dubai Social, Leisure, and Sport life, caretaker of youth and a promoter of a healthy lifestyle.

Please note that both skaters are young (17 years old), very outstanding and presently work on getting professional qualification in figure skating.

I will very much appreciate if you can help them.

Sincerely Yours,

Larissa
UAE figure skating and healthy lifestyle promoter
050 55 945 89
profi222@emirates.net.ae
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 24, 2005
how much will the air tickets cost...
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 25, 2005
Your SearchDepart Thu, Aug 11from $1,437
Gulf Air $ 1, 437 Per person – two-way ticket
Srilankan Airlines $ 2,254 Per person – two-way ticket
Qatar Airways $ 2,658 Per person – two-way ticket
Royal Jordanian $ 3,929 Per person – two-way ticket
Swiss Intl Airlines $ 9,516 Per person – two-way ticket
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 25, 2005
what about people donating some amount for it...i dont think neone would mind donating $100-200...but if enough people do it...at least travel expenses will be covered..

Jul 26, 2005
It wasn't my intention, and it is illigal, I suppose...to use forum for collecting money from people. What I really wanted - to make "mutual benefit" for the skaters and an airline / hotel.
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 31, 2005
Is it really nobody cares of figure skating in UAE? - The country, where over 26% of youth saffer from overweight! Doesn't anyone want contribute anything into this so warm- welcome country?
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 18, 2005
HURREY! Al Nasr Leisureland Figure Skating Team won 8 Gold Medals (!) :D within a week, on Tailand amateur Figure Skating Championship "Skate Asia - 2005". And there are only six skaters! Hayatt Gallery sent 16 skaters, didn't get any news from them... :cry:

The Championship is still on...
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Ice Skating in the UAE Jun 23, 2009
I am an American ice skating coach exploring possibilities for teaching in the UAE. I've taught all levels, from beginner through international competitor, children as well as adults. Can anyone give me the names of people who might be interested in my expertise? I'm currently in the U.S., but can relocate almost immediately. I saw Larissa20's posts about skating; if she is still on these boards, perhaps she could contact me. Thanks, everyone!
Icepotto
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 23, 2009
Looks like we have a few 419 buddies here...
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Ice Skating in the UAE Jul 10, 2009
Icepotto wrote:I am an American ice skating coach exploring possibilities for teaching in the UAE. I've taught all levels, from beginner through international competitor, children as well as adults. Can anyone give me the names of people who might be interested in my expertise? I'm currently in the U.S., but can relocate almost immediately. I saw Larissa20's posts about skating; if she is still on these boards, perhaps she could contact me. Thanks, everyone!

Hi Icepotto. I'm a male figure skater from California currently training under ISI(FS3/4) and USFSA with 2 years experience. I may be going to Dubai for a year as a contract worker. Weather or not I can continue my training under USFSA or similar may be a deal braker on my decision to take the job. I'm also interested in starting pairs skating. If you plan on locating to Dubai, keep me posted.
wirechaser
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Figure Skating in the UAE Jul 10, 2009
Hi Wirechaser! How nice to hear from you! I am still in the US, but trying to get back to Dubai to teach. Getting a residency visa for coaching figure skating is next to impossible, so I'm trying other ways to return.

Briefly, there are 3 rinks in Dubai: the Galleria at the Hyatt Regency is the smallest, more like a studio rink and oddly-shaped; the second is the old rink at Al-Nasr Leisureland which is in great need of refurbishing; and the third is the new, Olympic-sized rink at the Dubai Mall which is where I'm trying to find a spot. Three British men run the rink under the aegis of Emaar, the mall owner/builder, and they have put together a LTS system based loosely on the British NISA system. There is only one male coach, and several helper/assistants from India, so I feel there is a great need for additional coaches. But I can't seem to find the chink in the armor to get in.

I currently am in Vermont, but have been a coach forever with the Washington FSC (East Coast). Let's keep in touch. I can't post a private email address here, but maybe we can figure something out.
Icepotto
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 01, 2009
Hi
We are moving to Abu Dhabi at Christmas and i need to find a coach for my 7 year old daughter who skates has 3 x 30 minutes lessons +skate club in the UK and will be devastated if she cannot carry on...
Can anyone advise re coaches? She loves her skating and always wants to skate so i want someone who will continue to make it fun for her as well as being a great coach...
Anyone know when training or patch ice is or if it exists in AD??? (she said hoping not for 5am...7 year olds need their sleep - & mothers!!)
thanks
skimum
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat