oui
88%
comme ci comme ca
No votes
non
13%

Total votes : 8

review Batman Begins (2005) Jun 27, 2005

A new restart of the "Batman" franchise under the helm of "Memento" Director Chris Nolan and more in tone with the early "Batman: Year One" style comics. As a boy a young Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of his eyes, a trauma which led him to become obsessed with revenge but his chance is cruelly taken away from him by fate. After disappearing to the East where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, he returns to his now decaying Gotham City overrun by organised crime and dangerous individuals manipulating the system whilst the company he inherited is slowly being pulled out from under him. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, and a prototype armoured suit leads him to take on a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong - he becomes, Batman. In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party that is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right.

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
My Review

I hated the movie it was poorly made and story was plain bad. The acting was good. Actoin was alright.

My rating -5/10 (Average)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
by far the best batty movie i've seen...
devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 27, 2005
are u serious devil , whuile wathcing the movie i was regretting why the hell did i pay 10 bucks to see that stupid movie :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
I think Batman Returns was the best followed by this one. The Batmobile in 1 and 2 rocked!!!! All the rest just look cheesy.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 11, 2005
Are you guys kidding me!

This was a fab movie.

Christian Bale played the dark crusader along the Michael Keaton lines where you're never quite sure if he's going to go bad or not. It was so how the other movies should have been done, instead of being cheesy.

Katie Holmes was OK, but a 26 year old DA? Please!

The effects and gadgets were great, the cast was great, it all fitted together very well - can't wait for the next installment - although Justin Timberlake as 2 face? Could be interesting.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

the best batmovie ever Jul 12, 2005
this is a great movie! the best batman movie to date...

no cheesy lines and lousy punchlines! the script is well written and its awesome!

i dont understand why others hated the movie, probably, what you want is like a bam-bam action kinda thing, well, IMHO this movie is one of the biggest movies in 2005. and its getting a lot of good reviews on other sites as well...
overrun
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 12, 2006
I really liked "Batman begins" !!!!
Finally a more serious approach to the character!
Tre Styles
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 25, 2006
as of basing the story of the beginning of batman...the story is ok because i red all batman so i know but as of the other movies of batman there are non comic based situtations that the director must pick and do it because if you based it on the real comic book story the movie is not going for a 3 hours but more...

The movie is good but the dialogues, the characters and the backgrounds (effects, lights, timing) is not that good or i an say it failed to characterized the real beginning of the Batman...

and also i figured out that as the scene is on the beginning of life of Batman then the machines of batman is totally a new technology...the director must pick the right rigs of batman maybe he can borrow the machine on the batman of michael keaton....

and as for the training the director must include lady shiva with the introduction of leopards blow technique...she is bruce wayne's instructress...and there are also many wrongs in the movie and i summarized all my insight that the Batman Begins is the worst part in the Batman Movie Collection.....just my 2 cents
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 25, 2006
FYI, this movie was not meant to be based on the comic books.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2006
I thought this was an absolutely awesome film and as a bad mum I took my kids-they loved it!! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2006
I thought the scarecrow thing was pretty scarey though - eewww!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
My youngest is never scared-he likes to examine how the effects are done and always makes comments like "that would be computer generated" :lol: :lol: :lol: Guess he is right and has a grip on reality!! I always thought the dementors from Harry Potter would give them nightmares-NAH!! I remember NOT being able to see Jaws when it came out-my sister went (she must have been 9 years old) and had nightmares for weeks!! My kids almost kak themselves laughing when they see it-infact going to Universal studios and seeing Jaws didn't really impress them either. Oh, how things have changed!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
GAB, I think many children have become desencitized to many thinks and with things like computer games and DVD's and what they see on the television I think they become accustomed to certain things. Although I don't necessarily think it's a good thing. I can't stand to see underage kids at the movies, it really winds me up, plus I think what children are exposed to at a young age has a real affect on their behaviour as they grow up.

There was a really interesting series looking at this done by the BBC a few years ago. They took a class of primary school children, split it in two, showed one half some martial arts movie and the other half an interesting nature documentary. Needless to say at playtime, the children who'd watched the martial arts proceeded to try and injure one another and were playing in a violent manner, while the other half played safely and quietly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
:roll: Sorry, but most of that is bad parenting. My kids watch a variety of programmes, read, play play station, computer games,enjoy a variety of out of school activities etc. My son doesn't jump off roofs and think he can fly, nor does he kick box and hit people. From reading, I am sure he doesn't think bears eat porridge and go on nice walks to let it cool down and girl's with blonde hair are prone to doing break and enters and are destined for the slammer! :lol: Also one thing I find interesting about the schools here is the attitude of parents and the schools to bullying. Where I come from all schools have behaviour management policies/discipline policies/behaviour codes in place in the schools regardless if they are public or private and they are strictly adhered too. As it should be-in the work force we protect adults from harassment whether it be physical, verbal or sexual and we should protect our children in the same way. The attitude here seems to be "hit back harder". Nice!! :roll: Not!! :shock: Where do kids get this from-their parents. You can blame TV, media and technology all you want but at the end of the day it is parenting.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
GAB, I agree with you. I used to work in a nursery school and I swear just by looking at some of the parents you could see why their kids were complete nightmares.

But in light of the above, you can see why there are age limits on things, because some people aren't capable of making responsible decisions when it comes to their children. I mean what's the point on taking a baby into the cinema?

I went to see X-Men 2 a couple of years ago, which I think was a PG-12, a man in there had two little boys probably about 4 and 7, and I swear they were crying in terror at some of the scenes, they were petrified. I went and told him not to be so irresponsible and to take them both out as they were obviously distressed and upset and would probably have nightmares for weeks on end. In cases like this, some parents just aren't responsible enough in what they expose their children to, then wonder why they have behaviour problems later on.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
I mean what's the point on taking a baby into the cinema?

There is actually no point in some people going to the cinema here. I've gone to the cinema and seen comedies to find myself and one other person laughing because no one gets/understands the jokes. It also surprises me how some of the sexual innuendo gets past the censors here-they obviously didn't get the double meaning either!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2006
:roll: I typed the three letter "S" word and it comes out as "FUN"-very cute indeed!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk