Bands In Dubai!

Topic locked
Bands in dubai! Jul 09, 2005
Hey all...i m new to this place...i am guitarist...used to have band...left it in my country...trying to find nice places where you get to hear good rock or blues music....'ve been to a few places but they suck bigtime...ne suggetions for such places...
cheers

cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Bands in dubai! Jul 12, 2005
cadmus wrote:Hey all...i m new to this place...i am guitarist...used to have band...left it in my country...trying to find nice places where you get to hear good rock or blues music....'ve been to a few places but they suck bigtime...ne suggetions for such places...
cheers

yes band scene here in dubai is a bit off !!! cause you got only two choices
a) go to clubs and hotels they play almost the same songs over and over !!! plus its too comercial

B) you got the underground scene here where they strictly play heavy stuff i was in one once i lasted 4 mins then i went to MIX ....

well i sa y they DJ scene in dubai is great !!!! you get good cool DJs in dubai in clubs like Sho Cho, MIX, Grand Hyatt, Copas, Tangerine Etc.

dude fcuk being in a band BE a DJ !!!!! i've heard dENON is giving free DJ lessons on every purchases of a dENON DJ Frontlines... !!!!

BE A DJ !!!!!!! BE A DJ !!!!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

bands! Jul 12, 2005
can you tell me these underground places where you get heavy stuff...and thanks for the suggestion...i guess i would prefer an Ibaneze over denon any day....just a matter of personal choice
cheerz
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

ok Jul 12, 2005
go to PHRIDE.com

its their forum site
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

My fella is trying to do the same thing Aug 14, 2005
Moving out in a month or so, he's singer/lead guitar for a London indie rock band. The scene is terrible out here - well, there isn't one so maybe we should start one!
Mrs_Angel
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 14, 2005
i play drums !!!!!!!!!! any one interested in a drumer ????? :D
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2005
ok lets do this ... i used to be a band singer ... and i do play guitar ... i got some compositions too,... catellano plays drums ... you play guitar too .... now we only needed bass ... its cool because we have now a lady and a guy singer ... i dj too so ican provide scratch samples ..... what do you guys think... i know a guy who have a studio ... he's my buddy and ex band mate .. so guys pm me if you wanna do this
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:ok lets do this ... i used to be a band singer ... and i do play guitar ... i got some compositions too,... catellano plays drums ... you play guitar too .... now we only needed bass ... its cool because we have now a lady and a guy singer ... i dj too so ican provide scratch samples ..... what do you guys think... i know a guy who have a studio ... he's my buddy and ex band mate .. so guys pm me if you wanna do this

hey that is coooool ,, i am in .. :D
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2005
i have a friend who plays leads...and i have a bse guitar too....but no base guitarist....see if we can find one...ne one of us can be a make shift base guitarist till then....guess we can have some action in life afterall
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2005
jazz- JamBase at madinat jumeirah.

blues, etc- the blue bar, at the novotel

metal- local gigs :)
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Where is the indie/rock 'n' roll though? Aug 15, 2005
OK - people's favourite bands please?
Mrs_Angel
Dubai Forum Guest