Science Vs Religion?

Topic locked
Jul 03, 2005
Animals are God's creatures... While we may find some undesirable or ugly or disgusint, we as God's servants are forbidden of mistreating or killing His creatures (unless we kill the beast for our own food)...

Those that do ill with His creations, will get whats coming to them...

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2005
And abs, Jesus only asked to have s*x only after marriage and not to commit adultry or fornicate. He also asked not to stare at women with lust which unfortunately or fortunately 90% of the christain world fails really terribly. And one funny thing I noticed is that ur posts fro S*x changes to fun, that really fun seeing.

Yea...I said that too. I said only married people.
Actually....90% of man. Not just Christian world.
I do that too. How can you possibly not check out an extremely beautiful and s3xy lady? How can you!?
But then again. GOd knows man are like that...thats why ALL fall short of the glory of GOd.

And really Liban..God made everything..and created man in His own image...He made galaxies...made sea creatures.....made the sun and the moon....made monkeys that was mistaken for human....made pigs...and you said that He does not have a ..mouth?
Adam was created in God's image. Adam looks exactly like God..(without that glorious nature). I am pretty sure He has a mouth.

God visited Adam after he was cast out of Eden. Eve made bread for God. God drank wine. Its hard to do those things through your nose.

God loves us because we look like Him. I am sure He does not want to live with "creatures" that looks different from Himself.

Jesus is Jew. And you have not evidence He did not eat pork.
He ate and drank on Sabbath. He drinks with prostitutes and tax collectors.
Thats the Old testament for ya.

God said:" Don't say unclean..what I have made clean."
He said this to Peter when He told Peter:" Get up, kill..and eat."
Showing him animals that was formally said to be unclean.

And most animals do eat their own droppings. Most..
Chicken is probably one of the worst.
But seriously now, most of the vegetable we eat are fertilised by the same poop. Poop rocks!
Pooping is a process made by God. Dungs and droppings is one of the most profitable commodity in farming. You go to any garden shop and check out how much a pack of crap costs these days.
The same crap used to fertilise that rose you put in your wife's hair.

But anyway...we do not eat the crap on the pig. We eat the meat thats washed. And if you tell me that crap is inside that meat..then you should stop eating vegetable and many other kinds of meat because they all have it inside.

God said everything in the world is made for you. BUT. Do not abuse them.
St. Paul said: "You can do anything that does not result in sin. (Harming of another man or disobeying God). You can do anything . But if what you do causes other to stumble in their faith, then you should not do it.
For example: Eating food that was used to worship fake gods. Because you know that that god does not exists and therefore it was not a worshipped item. But if you eating this infront of a man that is weaker in faith..you causes him to stumble and therefore, you should not.

Thats why my mum always ask me:"Why are you eating the food I used to worship the "oddess of mercy"when you are a Christian?"
and I answered: "Because this god don't exist. You worshipped nothing."
That normally drives her nuts.[/quote]
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2005
You take what you read in the bible to be completley true? You are simpleminded abs, but very articulate. How can you apply a text written by MAN centuries ago, to life today? So Moses lived for 900 years? I think it will be blind fanatics like yourself that will bring about the "End of Days" as Liban puts it.

The Truth is a lie
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 04, 2005
The simpleminded one is yourself, Pumpkin.
You have no clue about what science is do you?

And "NO". I do not take everything in the bible literally. I research and then will find out what they are.

Let me give you advise on how you should go about researching and thinkning things through.

Heres one to start.
Why do man die? What causes man to age?
What causes wrinkles on some and yet some do not have them?

Start with those..then we talk.
By then I am pretty sure you will start to see things my way and not think I am some gullible fella that takes the bible literal.
Bible is the Word of God. Its ALL true.
It cannot be 99% true..neither can it be 99.99% true.
If its 0.001% untrue..I will throw the bible into the dustbim and call this whole experience my imagination and move on with life.

It is 100% true.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2005
Your life is a waste, it was written by a man, and passed down by other men, rewritten, changed because of politics, losted, and re-rewritten. Look beyond....then we'll talk
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 05, 2005
oops..double msg.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 05, 2005
I was just like you, Pumpkin..just like you.

But 1 little different between you and me,
is that I actually go out and find out.

Its alright if this all is fake.
But if its real, dude...you think about it.
And it is particularly so because I KNOW its true.

"During the last day, not all that says to me :"LORD ,LORD!" will enter heaven." - Jesus Christ
It is also a fact stated in the bible ..many will go to hell.
God has His own plans for everyone of us.

Peace Pumpkin.

PS. The Bible was written by man. Guided by God. Because the things in the bible cannot be foretold by man. The possibility of getting one presumptious statement to become true is 1 to 100 zillion.
Let alone ALL to be accurate.
The Holy Bible IS like tomorrow's newspaper.

God bless you all and have mercies on your souls.
Amen.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 05, 2005
Curious about something Pumpkin. Why is abs life a waste simply because he beleives in something that I tend to agree with a decent percentage of? I am not attacking I am just wondering...

Also, I wouldn't think that abs is an extremist. Sure he deeply beleives in his faith... I don't see anything wrong with that. I am not necessarly defending abs and blasting you at all buddy, I am just kinda in disagreement that he is an extremist. He is simply a verrrrrrry religious Christian :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2005
abs wrote:
And abs, Jesus only asked to have s*x only after marriage and not to commit adultry or fornicate. He also asked not to stare at women with lust which unfortunately or fortunately 90% of the christain world fails really terribly. And one funny thing I noticed is that ur posts fro S*x changes to fun, that really fun seeing.

Yea...I said that too. I said only married people.
Actually....90% of man. Not just Christian world.
I do that too. How can you possibly not check out an extremely beautiful and s3xy lady? How can you!?
But then again. GOd knows man are like that...thats why ALL fall short of the glory of GOd.

God visited Adam after he was cast out of Eden. Eve made bread for God. God drank wine. Its hard to do those things through your nose.

God loves us because we look like Him. I am sure He does not want to live with "creatures" that looks different from Himself.

Yeah God did fax u his photo eh?

abs wrote:God said:" Don't say unclean..what I have made clean."
He said this to Peter when He told Peter:" Get up, kill..and eat."
Showing him animals that was formally said to be unclean.

And most animals do eat their own droppings. Most..
Chicken is probably one of the worst.
But seriously now, most of the vegetable we eat are fertilised by the same poop. Poop rocks!
Pooping is a process made by God. Dungs and droppings is one of the most profitable commodity in farming. You go to any garden shop and check out how much a pack of crap costs these days.
The same crap used to fertilise that rose you put in your wife's hair.

But anyway...we do not eat the crap on the pig. We eat the meat thats washed. And if you tell me that crap is inside that meat..then you should stop eating vegetable and many other kinds of meat because they all have it inside.

Lol this point u made was hilarious. Sunlight is required for photosynthesis , does that mean we are eating sunlight . NO! Similarly plants only takes in some ingredients from poop for it's growth. And BTW PIG's poop contains harmful bacteria which doesn't die even after burning on high temperature and yes, pig's poop is more disgusting than chick's poop ( i meant hen :P )
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2005
Liban wrote:Curious about something Pumpkin. Why is abs life a waste simply because he beleives in something that I tend to agree with a decent percentage of? I am not attacking I am just wondering...

Also, I wouldn't think that abs is an extremist. Sure he deeply beleives in his faith... I don't see anything wrong with that. I am not necessarly defending abs and blasting you at all buddy, I am just kinda in disagreement that he is an extremist. He is simply a verrrrrrry religious Christian :)

Yeah an extremist Christain guy checking out a sexy lady. " Yo sexy lady, I love ur flow.... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2005
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Making love to the special person in your life is the most fantastic thing.

Like I said before, not everyone believes you have to have a piece of paper saying you 'belong' to someone else to have a committed relationship, it's personal choice.

Plus the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians were big fans of orgies and it was normal for men to have relatinships with other men before they found a wife, and this was thousands of years ago.

First Paragraph - You are correct if that person is your spouse only

Second Paragraph - That "peice of paper" as you call it is a right given to you by God. Going outside such rules makes one a sinner and condemns him/her to hell

Thirs paragraph - And that makes it right? What about cultures that cannibalize humans? I suppose it is OK too? And how about people that screw animals? Is that fine too?

Well I'm going straight to hell then! :twisted:

Marriage doesn't mean anything anymore, with half of all marriages ending in divorce, what's the point. If you're lucky enough to find one person to spend the rest of your life with then fine, but changes in society make it very difficult. Personally unless I find that one true person, I can't ever imagine myself staying with just the same person - boooorrrring!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 05, 2005
Here's a point for you!

How come it's fine for Muslim men to have upto 4 wives? That for me goes against the sanctity of marriage and is hardly monogamous is it?

Why shouldn't a woman have 4 husbands?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 05, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Here's a point for you!

How come it's fine for Muslim men to have upto 4 wives? That for me goes against the sanctity of marriage and is hardly monogamous is it?

Why shouldn't a woman have 4 husbands?

Interesting that you ask this question. I am happy you did.

You see back in the day before the rise of the Prophet Mohammad and the teachings of Islam, the Arabs were a very different people than the ones of today....

There was abuse and sin all over... One of the sins was men having women as concubines and sex slaves... The allowance of 4 women to a man was quite a revolutionary concept back then for the early men who accepted Islam because it cut the number of women they could be with hundred fold... There is a catch to this allowance. The man must be able to treat all his wives equally, love them equally, cherish them equally, treat them equally, basically treat them as if they were one person. We humans are not capable to doing this properly, and God in His infinite wisdom knows that so this 4 woman allowance is basically a law whose tenats cannot be followed by a mere man. No man can be as pure of heart and soul as the Prophet Mohammad. No man can be as great and as loving and the Prophet Mohammad. Peace be upon him. God is Great.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2005
Still doesn't really answer the question, you kinda side stepped it.

For a man to have 4 wives, just means he can still get in on with more than one woman and it's acceptable. To love and cherish just one person, is far harder, shows much more commitment, both emotionally and physically.

Men should all become slaves to woman kind, but then you'd never keep up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 05, 2005
You are incorrect. This 4 wives is a kind of test put forward by God Himself which indirectly shows its impossible to engage in polygamy and be fair in equal treatment of all partners.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2005
I'm not attacking abs or anybody, just playing the devil's advocate........ :twisted:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 05, 2005
Never really undersood the enlish expression of Devil's advocate...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2005
[quote="Liban"]Never really undersood the enlish expression of Devil's advocate...[/quote]

If I remember correctly, its originally a religious term interestingly enough...when someone was up for sainthood (canonization), there would be a formal discussion where the reasons in favour of the candidate would be presented by an official...another official would present a counter argument, not necessarily believing in them, but for the purpose of testing the strength of the claims and the postulations made by the other official, thus serving an important role in validating them...the guy presenting the counter claims was known as the devil's advocate...but now it just means anyone who presents a counter argument simply for the purpose of validating the argument in favour of something....to see if such claims hold up in the face of opposition....good way of deductive reasoning I suppose
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 06, 2005
Exactly!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 06, 2005
Cool... Thanks! 8)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2005
Nik wrote:
Liban wrote:Never really undersood the enlish expression of Devil's advocate...

If I remember correctly, its originally a religious term interestingly enough...when someone was up for sainthood (canonization), there would be a formal discussion where the reasons in favour of the candidate would be presented by an official...another official would present a counter argument, not necessarily believing in them, but for the purpose of testing the strength of the claims and the postulations made by the other official, thus serving an important role in validating them...the guy presenting the counter claims was known as the devil's advocate...but now it just means anyone who presents a counter argument simply for the purpose of validating the argument in favour of something....to see if such claims hold up in the face of opposition....good way of deductive reasoning I suppose

well said! HOLY MOTHER. Me , Pumpkin and Liban seemed to agree on one thing for first time! It's an omnious sign! :?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2005
I totally agree with the photosynthesis post, Sniper.

That is actually the point I was driving at.

And as for that pig bacteria that won't die...dude. ..I eat tons of Pork and I am probably stronger and healtheir than you. But ofcos we don't have to have a challenge. I am just saying we all know its there...but its not big enough to totally ban eating pork.

I also don't understand the 4 wives thingy.
For me personally...I only have enought love for my God and 1 wife.
And then later on I have to share the same love with my children.
Some Arab man made all this up just so he can get more "honey".
But I must say....having 4 wives means you can watch your soccer game in peace while the 4 of them go chat and have tea among themselves...LOL
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 06, 2005
abs wrote:
And as for that pig bacteria that won't die...dude. ..I eat tons of Pork and I am probably stronger and healtheir than you. But ofcos we don't have to have a challenge. I am just saying we all know its there...but its not big enough to totally ban eating pork.

But I must say....having 4 wives means you can watch your soccer game in peace while the 4 of them go chat and have tea among themselves...LOL

1) Pig bacteria won't die. Just because you are strong and healthy on the outside doesn't mean much. I know smokers that are strong and healthy but does it make their habit good for them?

2) Some Arab man made it up to get more honey??? :angryfire: OK, I dunno why you insult God, the Prophet, Islam and myself. But I explained it many many times in my posts as to the origins of the 4 wives issue. It was God that spoke through His messanger, the Prophet Mohammed and laid out the rules pertaining to this issue.

The 4 wives issue is being blown out of proportion. I explained it enough and will not go any further. :hmph:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2005
abs wrote:I totally agree with the photosynthesis post, Sniper.

That is actually the point I was driving at.

well which is betta having a wife or a whore? Many ppl in the west have mistresses that's the reason of high divorce ratre and many ppl in the east dont have more than one wife. being a wife she is entitled to have many rights unlike the whore or mistresses. And u have to see those days the woman population was higher than male cos males used to go to wars and all that crap. As any religion conditions apply. And yeah Liban just saying God said doesnt answer the question. For us humans we have to provide logical reasons.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2005
WOO HOO!!! GO PORK!!!!! :D
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 07, 2005
God said it and thats what He meant us to obey.

Well sorry Liban....I guess I must have missed that 4 wives explaination.
Didn't mean to insult your religion...its just not in our Book :)

I just find it unfair to the female population. I believe God is fair to both male and female and just...mm...can't....understand... :?
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 07, 2005
abs wrote:God said it and thats what He meant us to obey.

I just find it unfair to the female population. I believe God is fair to both male and female and just...mm...can't....understand... :?

Thats cool man... To put it in context, women were treated below the status of shit back in the day. Some where buried alive for disobeying their fathers or husbands or brothers!!!! :shock:

This was seen as revolutionary especially making polygamy next to impossible because nobody, no human, can respect the letter of the Islamic allowance of 4 wives in terms of equal treatment. So thats why 99% of Muslims just have monogamy.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 07, 2005
abs wrote:God said it and thats what He meant us to obey.

Well have a look in the Western trend of treating women. I bet By JOVe 79% of marride males here have mistresses or had s*x outside their marriage compared to 38% or so females. That itself shows that we males tend to be polygamous than females. Have alook on the contests like Miss World, Miss universe etc which is like bidding the price of ox in cattle market from Eastern point of view. Is there any thing called Mr World or Mr universe? If it exists it's not so famous as the female ones. That itself proves that men on average are more lustful than females.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2005
Science vs Religion right???

So lets say we make contact with another lifeform from outer space, how do ya'll think the different religions wuold cope with that?
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 12, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Science vs Religion right???

So lets say we make contact with another lifeform from outer space, how do ya'll think the different religions wuold cope with that?

We will send missionaries and convert those infidels!!!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums