Local Girls Marry Foreigners

Topic locked
Jun 27, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
Unresolved wrote:ok .. good news .. now local girls can marry foreign men .. but you will have to get the permission from the court! they will not take away the passport and the kids CAN have UAE passports as well .. :lol:

Presumably a court wouldn't give permission for you to marry a non-muslim though?? And what about the husband, would they be given the permanent right to reside in the UAE??

These are still rumors though.

It might be true on a case by case basis. Let says if you're an expat and ceo of a reputable company, they might grant you citizenship for marrying a local girl. The court might also assess your assets! :wink:

A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: local girls marry foreigners Jun 27, 2006
friend4you wrote:hi guys and girls

im local girl who is so in love with such wonderful man from europe but our problem that we can't marry because he is non local and laws here said any local girl who marry foreigner lose her citizenship and passport which i know so mean stupid and unfair law..even that he is muslim it still not possible so please anyone know anything that can help please reply

God bless you

:cry:

greeting sister

salaaam 3aleekum

i will ask u ..do u love him so that u will lose ur family for him?

what if u marry him and offcorse u may lose ur passport as u say then he leave u ?

where r u going to live here or in europe ?

i dnt know if i can help u but i wanted to say what the future may bring for u if he leave u ?

we have diffrent culture and tradition im not being racist here but im talking about FACTS .AND on the other hand if non of this will happen go ahead !!
NOTE:i dnt think u will lose ur passport ..what will happen is that ur kids will not get alocal passport .

take care sister and i think u should pray (ESTE'7ara) and ask god .

(estekara or este'7ara)= prayer do it when they wana make big decision that may change their life.

cheeers
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Would this be a problem if she was marrying other arabs? Say Arab men from Lebanon, or Syria, or Jordan (as an example)???
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
Liban wrote:Would this be a problem if she was marrying other arabs? Say Arab men from Lebanon, or Syria, or Jordan (as an example)???

it is the same the law stat that local girls should merry only locals .or from GCC ..i know its unfair but this is the law and we cant change it .SAD ha :(
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Its rather racist.... Then again all Arab countries have enacted similar stupid laws. Lebanese women married to non-Lebanese (even Arab) men who have kids, those kids will never be Lebanese even if they lived in Lebanon all their lives, were born there, spoke Lebanese dialect, and referred to themselves as Lebanese.

So sad.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
Its actually sad to see these local women not having the freedom to choose who they can mary. It must be hard to in Dubai especially, since most of the population here is expat.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
i dont there there is such law which restricts emarati women to marry some other national, u all are mistaken it is un islamic, a woman can choose any one she wants to marry as long as he is muslim,

i personally no a brit guy who married an emarati woman, he converted to islam before marrying her, and as far as i know they both and theri famlies are very happy
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 28, 2006
You also have to look at it culturally. In Lebanon, a girl and her family is looked down on generally if she was to marry someone from a different culture (not Arab). In the Druze culture, a man or a women who married outside the religioun is then an outcast. Their own family would disown them.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2006
correct
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
the problem is she cant carry the local passport any more and none of here kids will be local .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
Liban wrote:You also have to look at it culturally. In Lebanon, a girl and her family is looked down on generally if she was to marry someone from a different culture (not Arab). In the Druze culture, a man or a women who married outside the religioun is then an outcast. Their own family would disown them.

true
but if poeple both are in love they should'nt care about culture or nationality yes it would be difficult in the begining but eventually every thing will work out.

and its not only in lebenon, stuff like that happens every where priority should be given to the ethics, conduct and religion of the person u want to marry not nationality
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 28, 2006
naruto wrote:the problem is she cant carry the local passport any more and none of here kids will be local .

are u sure about this. they cant just snatch the passport. she will have to give up the passport when she gets teh passport for her husbands nationality and there are many countries which give u the option for dual nationality

ans in the worst case senario so what if they are not emarati, if culture and nationality is so important for a emarati girl she shouldnt have married a non emarati in the first place
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 28, 2006
xibit wrote:
naruto wrote:the problem is she cant carry the local passport any more and none of here kids will be local .

are u sure about this. they cant just snatch the passport. she will have to give up the passport when she gets teh passport for her husbands nationality and there are many countries which give u the option for dual nationality

ans in the worst case senario so what if they are not emarati, if culture and nationality is so important for a emarati girl she shouldnt have married a non emarati in the first place

im sorry i missed that ..u r right ..the thing is her kids will not carry the local passport..thanx .

but locals cant have dual nationality and im sure about this one ..
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
Locals cannot have a recognized dual nationality.

In Canada, you are allowed dual nationality. Not triple. But I know people with 4 passports. So what the government doesn't know will not hurt them :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2006
Liban wrote:Locals cannot have a recognized dual nationality.

In Canada, you are allowed dual nationality. Not triple. But I know people with 4 passports. So what the government doesn't know will not hurt them :)

:lol:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 29, 2006
Liban wrote:You also have to look at it culturally. In Lebanon, a girl and her family is looked down on generally if she was to marry someone from a different culture (not Arab). In the Druze culture, a man or a women who married outside the religioun is then an outcast. Their own family would disown them.

i have a friedn who is Druze lebanese who doesnt wanna marry a woman from his caste cos he thinks they are dumb........strange and primitive laws like Sicily
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
i have a friedn who is Druze lebanese who doesnt wanna marry a woman from his caste cos he thinks they are dumb........strange and primitive laws like Sicily

Yep.

See a movie called The Syrian Bride. You will see how the Druze are. Interesting culture to put it respectfully.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 01, 2006
we are not talking about films ... here
saim
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 28, 2006
:D i know i didn't write from ages
first of all thanks all of your comments
second im married now to my european bf and we will go to visit his family in Dec and they didn't take my citzneship but my kids won't have it which is not big deal after all..i just wana say to whom who said that what if he left me etc and i lost my citzenship that life is too short to think what will happen tomorrow and if we don't trust who we love we will never be happy besides its my decision and as a dult i take all the responibilities of all what i do.. i think people should stop thinking that there are different cultures, different people, different lifestyles after all thats why God create us different! to know others and to be a reason to unite us not to separate us..personally when i have kids i prefer them to marry forigners not arabs..
by the way im local and my tribe is one of well known tribes in UAE i don't have any persian roots in case someone will say real arab girls won't marry non locals thats not true at all
friend4you
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 28, 2006
friend4you wrote::D i know i didn't write from ages
second im married now to my european bf and we will go to visit his family in Dec and they didn't take my citzneship but my kids won't have it which is not big deal after all..i just wana say to whom who said that what if he left me etc and i lost my citzenship that life is too short to think what will happen tomorrow and if we don't trust who we love we will never be happy besides its my decision and as a dult i take all the responibilities of all what i do.. i think people should stop thinking that there are different cultures, different people, different lifestyles after all thats why God create us different! to know others and to be a reason to unite us not to separate us..personally when i have kids i prefer them to marry forigners not arabs..
by the way im local and my tribe is one of well known tribes in UAE i don't have any persian roots in case someone will say real arab girls won't marry non locals thats not true at all

Habibti, Im so proud of you. You make all the women in the world proud. You are so smart when fighting for your love. Good luck and have a happy marriage. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2006
soo happy 4 u girl..wish all the happiness in the world
may alla bless u n ur new family :blob2:

lets hope someday these stupid rules n regulation will change inshallah...
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 28, 2006
Happy ending finally... Good to hear that 8)
JackTheRipper
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 28, 2006
friend4you wrote::D i know i didn't write from ages

mabrook, inshalla you will stay happy together for a long time to come.

my mum she married someone that wasnt local, at first her family shunned her, but now al humdulila they have become wiser and understand. i guess some things just take time.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
sniper420 wrote:well I have a friend who is non-local but married a local girl. He is a national now. I guess he or she has to renounce the citizenship.

Well I wll think 101 times to marry local girl with 10 bros. Damn they will treat u like a dog!. :lol:

wow, i only reached 37 times ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sniper420 wrote:
wow, i only reached 37 times ;)

i dont get it
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
gratz for you friends4ever, wish you the best for both of you

are local guys that bad that local girls dont want to marry them? also are local girls that bad that local guys dont want to marry them? :?: :(
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
They are not bad. it depends on the person dude! :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
Bleakus wrote:gratz for you friends4ever, wish you the best for both of you

are local guys that bad that local girls dont want to marry them?

Its your hair dude... ;-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 29, 2006
^^ it probably is ;)

Hey Jealousy
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
Either that or those scary poses of yours :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005