Where Do I Find A Cleaner?

Topic locked
Where do I find a cleaner? Jun 29, 2005
I live with two lazy guys so I need a cleaner desperately! Any hints on how I go about finding one? I've looked at the ads in the supermarkets, but they are all looking for accommodation included. I really just want someone for a few hours a couple of times a week, at the Springs. Any idea anyone?

KC
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 30, 2005
Hi,

I use a company called Home Help (I'm also that lazy). They are good, decent price. I live in the springs as well, had problems with the "security" guys letting her in so you'll need to sort a pass out for them from the "security" control centre.

Will pm the number to you when I find it.

Laters
Blah
Dubai Forum Guest

domestic help Jun 30, 2005
There are two companies that I have used in the past.

Helpers and another called Molly Maid.

Helpers I know works in the Gardens, Springs, Meadows etc.
Rate is 20 dhs per hour with a minimum of 4 hours... i.e. 80 bucks. there work is good, and if you are not happy with the person they have sent you they will change them - normally the same person will be rostered to your place so that there is some continuity :)

hiring someone else's domestic (who is on their sponsorship) is illegal - 5,000 dhs fine and deportation for the domestic. this may sound stupid, but i know of a case where this was happening, there was a small domestic fire in the kitchen - when the civil defense turned up the maid was arrested and both the sponsor of the maid and the person hiring the maid both fined 5,000....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum