Topic locked
Give me info about HINDUISM? Jun 11, 2005
their beliefs,gods,culture
anything as long as it is about

HINDUISM

countess yayie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 12, 2005
hindusm is a religion where you bow to anyone who performs miracles. I read Bhagwad Gita :hinduism holy book, and most of the stuffs are myth. Many westerners are fascinated by this old religion . Did you ever hear of Rajneesh (presently known as Osoho) Who conned thousands of Westerners and within ten yrs he amassed more than 400 million dollars of wealth and 99 Rolls Royce! He was big time con artist another one is Muktadanta (child molester). These people did have some meditative skills and led simple lives but as number of followers increased they turned into business and ruined everything. Yoga and other exercises like (Kama Sutra) came from Hinduism. There are so many ideas in Hinduism that I oppose eg. giving food to god as appeasement; billions of gods, worshiping idol etc. But one thing I find it true is whatever the religion is - the first sign of the teacher or priest must be simplicity. It shows that he is not prepossessedwith wordly pleasures. And moreover an ideal teacher shouldn't charge to teach his disciples. He teaches his disciples out of happiness. Anywayz I only beleive in ONE LORD,One religion, One life and one wife... LOL last one is capricious.. :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

thanks.. Jun 12, 2005
sniper420 wrote:hindusm is a religion where you bow to anyone who performs miracles. I read Bhagwad Gita :hinduism holy book, and most of the stuffs are myth. Many westerners are fascinated by this old religion . Did you ever hear of Rajneesh (presently known as Osoho) Who conned thousands of Westerners and within ten yrs he amassed more than 400 million dollars of wealth and 99 Rolls Royce! He was big time con artist another one is Muktadanta (child molester). These people did have some meditative skills and led simple lives but as number of followers increased they turned into business and ruined everything. Yoga and other exercises like (Kama Sutra) came from Hinduism. There are so many ideas in Hinduism that I oppose eg. giving food to god as appeasement; billions of gods, worshiping idol etc. But one thing I find it true is whatever the religion is - the first sign of the teacher or priest must be simplicity. It shows that he is not prepossessedwith wordly pleasures. And moreover an ideal teacher shouldn't charge to teach his disciples. He teaches his disciples out of happiness. Anywayz I only beleive in ONE LORD,One religion, One life and one wife... LOL last one is capricious.. :lol:

thanks! I envy you for that HINDUISM HOLY BOOK....really.... :cry:
countess yayie
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 12, 2005
Hinduism is not even a true religion. The only true religions are the ones followed by the People of the Book which is to say Muslims, Christians, and Jews.

That religion and many of the customs and obligations are bogus and make no sense and are idolatic and hence to shunned.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2005
Liban gave props to the Jews!!, your terrorist cousins arent gonna like that much
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 13, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Liban gave props to the Jews!!, your terrorist cousins arent gonna like that much

how did u know he had terrorist cousins did u date em? :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2005
On a date to @#%$!!!!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Re: thanks.. Jun 13, 2005
countess yayie wrote:
sniper420 wrote:hindusm is a religion where you bow to anyone who performs miracles. I read Bhagwad Gita :hinduism holy book, and most of the stuffs are myth. Many westerners are fascinated by this old religion . Did you ever hear of Rajneesh (presently known as Osoho) Who conned thousands of Westerners and within ten yrs he amassed more than 400 million dollars of wealth and 99 Rolls Royce! He was big time con artist another one is Muktadanta (child molester). These people did have some meditative skills and led simple lives but as number of followers increased they turned into business and ruined everything. Yoga and other exercises like (Kama Sutra) came from Hinduism. There are so many ideas in Hinduism that I oppose eg. giving food to god as appeasement; billions of gods, worshiping idol etc. But one thing I find it true is whatever the religion is - the first sign of the teacher or priest must be simplicity. It shows that he is not prepossessedwith wordly pleasures. And moreover an ideal teacher shouldn't charge to teach his disciples. He teaches his disciples out of happiness. Anywayz I only beleive in ONE LORD,One religion, One life and one wife... LOL last one is capricious.. :lol:

thanks! I envy you for that HINDUISM HOLY BOOK....really.... :cry:

u can get it anywhere darling.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
Hindus have millions of Gods. They worship anything and everything they find miraculous or heroic.

They even worship animals as there Gods.

Do they really understand who God can be. Waht is the definition of God. Do they believe in Adam and Eve and who Adam n eve worshiped?
ady
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
ady wrote:Hindus have millions of Gods. They worship anything and everything they find miraculous or heroic.

Do they really understand who God can be. Waht is the definition of God. Do they believe in Adam and Eve and who Adam n eve worshiped?

They do not beleive in Adam and Eve. They do not beleive in the True God, the One God, the Only God.

They are without true faith and need to be saved if they wanna get to heaven.. Reincarnation is a scam...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
Liban wrote:
ady wrote:Hindus have millions of Gods. They worship anything and everything they find miraculous or heroic.

They do not beleive in Adam and Eve. They do not beleive in the True God, the One God, the Only God.

They are without true faith and need to be saved if they wanna get to heaven.. Reincarnation is a scam...

Liban if u didnt reincarnate, then who did Pumpkin f%^k last life? :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
You.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
Liban wrote:You.

But I was the executioner who killed Pumpkin and you cos ma master told me you guys had sacrilegous oral s*x in public! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
Please keep these forums clean. Project yourself only in the Fight Club.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
Why care what Hindu's believe? You believe in one God correct? Why spend time worring about what others are doing.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 15, 2005
I would like to see all my fellow man go to heaven when they die.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 23, 2005
All YOU BUNCH OF JOKERS who are discussing this topic dont even try to understand what true Hinduism actually all about.

I dont say that Hinduism is worlds perfect religion but it is a way of life where the society is richest in culture and tradition. People respect their elders. Mom and Dad are not treated as burdens but treated nothing less than Gods.

Someone mentioned that this is not as per book. Pity on him. This religion is the oldest religion of the world and it is alive without even a book.

And no one enforces any other person to be converted into Hinduism.

I suggest you guys should try to find out more about it and then comment.
chap1979
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 24, 2005
Yeah I take offence to this stuff as well...for some reason it seems ok to have religious prejudices here...no one's telling you what to believe in (and the times that they try to online, the same people waxing eloquent on other religions take exception, thats sheer hypocrisy)...do not expect respect if you can't give it out...Liban I'm surprised especially at you, for all your messing about, you seem to be a fair minded guy, who doesn't like racism directed at people, yet here you are being just as prejudiced and unaccepting of other people
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 24, 2005
I am not being unaccepting of other people. If that is what I was portraying then I didn't properly communicate myself. Hmm.... What I am basically trying to say is that I don't beleive in Hinduism being a proper religion of God and as such I can't say anything good about it.

If people choose to become Hindus, well then thats their perogative. I can try and speak to those that wanna listen but thats all I can do. My religion encourages me to spead the word to those that wanna hear it. If they don't, then so be it. I accept all people, except those that bear ill will on me and my brothers - such as the Jews.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2005
Liban - we are almost on the same channel....almost.

Hinduism is this.
Your life is a drop of water in a glass bottle floating in the middle of the ocean. The aim is to break free of this bottle and become one with the ocean.

Buddhism came from the same place. But its a little smarter.
It sees life as a drop of water trapped in a glass bottle floating in the ocean. It KNOWS that the water outside the bottle is exactly the same as the drop in the bottle. SO its aim is to "sieze to exist" No self...no problem.

HINDUISM IS THE OLDEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD!
Because Christianity,Islam,Jews ARE NOT RELIGIONS.
They have the WORD OF GOD (currently still in dispute as to who has the correct one..but not for long now).
The WORD OF GOD has stand the test of time,space and science.
Unfortunately for Hindus and buddhists...their beliefs has no scientific evidence...no archealogical proofs....no peace. If you disagree..speakth forth..for I have studied these religions for years.

There is ONLY ONE GOD. But they are many evils on earth.
Take heart to the warning. Being nice alone will NOT get you to heaven.
And hell is very very real. And I am not going there.
PEACE!
AND GOD BLESS!!
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 25, 2005
I hear ya abs...

Its funny how some people who do not beleive in God 100%, who are gay and who sleep around still claim that they will go to heaven simply because they are "nice".

Being nice helps, but if you don't have the basics down packed well then, hell is waiting for ya...

Obviously if you follow God's teachings to the letter, pray to Him and His Glory, beleive in Him, and do what He requires of you, but you are not nice, well chances are you may not fgo to heaven.... If you appear "religious" on the outside, but are rotten to the core on the inside, well you ain't gonna make it to heaven.

But abs, one thing. You cannot say whether or not you or I or anyone else will go to hell or heaven. Only God will decide these things. Obviously if you are a righteous person then your chances of getting into heaven are pretty good.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2005
Well..thats fork road between Christianity and Islam.

Jesus came..He saw...He conquered.

He conquered death. He said He is the ultimate sacrifise.

He paid death for our sins. Something we can NEVER pay ourselves.
BEcause ALL have fallen short of God's standard. Therefore ALL must go to hell. Unless he/she has somebody to pay the price and die for them.
Jesus. The Son of God.
He said so..and He never lies.

The Jesus in the Quran was written 600 years after the death of Jesus. Or in your case..Jesus fled and the one that died was Judas.
600 years ,man. Thats a pretty long time to try to remember someone's exact detail.

The Jesus in the Holy bible were written while Jesus was still on earth.
By many of His disciples but only 4 made it into the Book.
But all wrote of the same person..but different perspective.

Many years later (not 6 centuries thou) , the Holy Bible was compile by King James after he burnt many Christians to death. He became a Christian himself after he saw so many died for the name of Jesus. He realise these people knows Jesus and what Jesus can give is worth a painful fiery death on a stake. And dig this.. non...non of the priests made a sound when they were burnt to death. No screaming..no crying. They all felt grace and all got their souls received by Christ JEsus.

Thats the biggest difference between us...I think.
We we can discuss this further.

PEACE, Brother
od Bless
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 25, 2005
So God must be vain in order to put us here, give us free will, and then punish us for not worshipping him. Why would a being who is everywhere and everything care if a few choose to follow a different path? Does it make God pleased to see people worship him? So if that is the case, than God exhibits charateristics like us, so he therefore could be wrong or greedy, jealous, crazy, etc.

Just a though, but think about it
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 27, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:So God must be vain in order to put us here, give us free will, and then punish us for not worshipping him. Why would a being who is everywhere and everything care if a few choose to follow a different path? Does it make God pleased to see people worship him? So if that is the case, than God exhibits charateristics like us, so he therefore could be wrong or greedy, jealous, crazy, etc.

Just a though, but think about it

God is also called "The Creator"
Being the no:1 artist in the universe...He creates everything.
If He wants to make a man that looks like Him..He can. Most artists have self portraits.
But there is only 1 God and this new creation He made does not have His Godly nature. So He gave them something very precious. He gave them free will. He wanted His creation to love him like the way He loved the man. But man..being not Holy like God...sinned.
Sin = disobedience.
Disobeying God is bad. But He did not simply destroy them and start over.
You won't kill your own children just because he/she disobeyed you..would ya?
Instead, you will try to educate them.
Let them play skateboards..fall down and learn balance and pain.
Lost and know treasure.
Death and know sadness.
Insulted and learn humility.
Punished and learn discipline.

That is what God is doing now. He wants us to be with Him. But we are not there yet. So He continue to educate us.
And yes. God loves man to worship Him.
Wouldn't you love it when your children come say to you:"Thank you daddy. I love what you gave me. Its beautiful"

Or would you prefer for them to accept what you give and continue to live as if its your duty and take it for granted.

God is never wrong.
But He is greedy for the righteous.
He can be reasoned with. Just like Abraham did.
He can be grieved.
He can be sad.
And most unfortunately, He can be angered.

He is enitled to all these emotion because what He gives overshadows all of the above.
He gives Love like nothing you or I can imagine.
His love is as wide as the east to the west. Try measure how wide that is.

Folks. Can you imagine sending your son to the slaughter house to be humiliated, flogged (whipped with bladed tips), crucified and speared just so that you can save another child?

He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ. Thats the whole reason for life.
JC accepted this because the Father said so. JC had faith that His Dad can bring Him back to life although the pain is real and the death is truth.

A donkey cannot give birth to a horse..nor can a chicken give birth to a goat.
Jesus is the Son of God. His Father is God..and therefore the Son is God.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2005
Good point. But, being a man, I dont have the Almighty power to snap my fingers and make it all go away.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 27, 2005
Jesus is mentionned in the Quran that, yes, is about 600 years (give or take) after Jesus died.

You said that its pretty hard to remember everything that Jesus did 600 years later in exact detail... So what you are saying is that God is cannot recall what He made His messanger do? :?

Dude the Holy Blessed Quran was written by man. God spoke the words of the Quran through the blessed mouth of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). By saying what you did, is an insult to God. But you probably were not too sure of what you were typing in this regard so no real insult was done.

The first bible was written by King James. There are no written copies of the bible before that. Many scholars argue that the bible has changed over the centuries. Case in point, how many versions of the bible are out there?

The Quran is God's spoken word. Spoken through the mouth of the most honorable of men, the greatest man, the most perfect human being, the man whome none of us can never match in terms of all around perfection and enlightenment, the Prophet Mohammad. The final messanger of the Creater, the Lord, God.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
King James did not write it.
He gathered them.

Same to what you are saying.
By claiming that the Quran IS the Word of God is saying that the Holy Bible is fake.
The book was guided by the Holy Spirit and through many deaths of Christians, gathered and compiled into the Holy Bible we know today.

Yes. The Holy Bible was rewrote over and over again.
Simply because the ancient Hebrew language known by very little.
Even those who master in the language do not completely understand some of the ancient words.
We kept re-interpreting because there are new findings on the meaning of certain ancient Hebrew language.
The changes is neccessary so that we can have ALL the words.
But then again. The changes made throughout the ages has no significant effect to the core of the Bible. Its more like "bowl" but was actually "pot".
Struck by "sword" instead or by "axe". That kind of things.
And back to the begining. The Original Holy Bible in Ancient Hebrew stays untouched..unaltered.
Despite what you have heard, brother, the Holy Bible has grammar corrected over and over again. Nothing else was ever changed.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are the PROOF of this statement.
Ancient papyrus with ancient Hebrew writings talking about Jesus the Son of God.
Now if we can agree upon that the Holy Bible has never been changed, then we can move forward.

I am sorry if I insulted your belief, Liban. But I trust you know me by now that I don't mean it. You are just like me. Trying to tell each other the truth. And this exchange of info is very important. And if we keep this up, you and me will have the same belief eventually. Because God is at work here.

God Bless you, my brother.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2005
Take a book, any book. A work of fiction for example. Translate it over and over and over and you will lose in the translation....

Ever noticed how a dubbed movie just can't match the original, or a story or a joke that is translated from language A to language B just doesn't work...

Now imagine translating from language A to language B then from language B to language C then from language C to language D, well you will lose alot of the true meaning in the original language A.

The Holy Quran was dictated by God through the Prophet in the original classical arabic (now referred to as written arabic). Arabic is one of the oldest languages in the world and has been unchanged for centuries. Arabic pre-dates the prophet and then some....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
Which brings me to my point of the not needing religion to talk to God. Why pay someone to buy an apple for you, when you could easily go across the street, and take your time.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 28, 2005
Lady bought 1 apple from the market.
The lady bought an apple from the market.
The shop keeper sold the lady 1 apple.
That lady got an apple from Ahmad the fruit stall man.
The apple was from the market.

Liban, your arguement here is that the Quran is in its original form when it was written and stayed the same throughout.

Now tell that to the man who is holding the Hebrew Holy Bible.

Or tell the rest of the world that the English translated Quran is inaccurate, don't read it.

Don't go there bro.
Many have tried and end up staring proof in the face.

Just like I always hear you say:" You have to read the word to know the truth."
If you don't you cannot talk about it.

I have never went deep into the Quran but I know this.

Quran claims Jesus prophecy the coming of Mohammed.
So you claim the Original Holy bible is Ancient Hebrew is wrong.
I mean....how different or how far that particular passage can differ when it is translated from Hebrew to English?

Or what about the prophet that was with Moses? The one that did terrible things infront of Moses and said that he is doing this for a future reason and that Moses should stop questioning him and trust him?

In the Holy bible. There was nothing even close to Jesus prophecising the coming of whoever.
Because he said He was the Son of God and that His work is enough for all.

If indeed the translation is so wrong, I am sure so many intelligent people would have saw it.

Isaac Newton, Einstein,Stephen Hawkings, Galileo,Micheangelo...etc.
They would have spotted it immediately.
But these men died a Christian. Embracing the promise of the Holy Son.

The translations of the bible are done by a huge team of people that comes from all over the world. There are too many for translation to go THAT wrong.

Peace bro
abs
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums