Picking Up My New Ride In A Few Hours!!!

Topic locked
Aug 07, 2006
jag wrote:
arniegang wrote:Nice one Jag

A Fellow Beemer owner here 750il V12 5.4L 8) 8)

Thanks dude! V12 eh, now thats a beast!!! Which years model you got??

Its a 99 model

The V12 is awsome - i've topped 155 MPH but if i got it chipped it would do near to 190 MPH, and 0 - 60 in 5.8, not bad for a car weighing in at well over 2 ton :shock:

It drinks pertol but hey who care when you hear that engine just purrrr like the cat who's just had the cream.

Enjoy yer new motor mate.

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 07, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
jag wrote:
haha, the thought had crossed my mind... BUT i absolutely love bimmers over anything else.. ;) Which one you got?

I got the new 3 series - a 330d M Sport

A diessel Zoots :shock: :shock:

Shame on you

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

Aug 07, 2006
gtmash wrote:
arniegang wrote:Nice one Jag

A Fellow Beemer owner here 750il V12 5.4L 8) 8)

I'm thinking of an 850Ci. V12 maintenance expensive?

An 325Ci is manageable, I guess.

I take this view. Yes V!2 means more plugs and oil but thats about it. On the oher hand i can cruise all day @ 90 mph and its only just doing 1500 revs, the engine isnt even trying at that pace, like a stroll in the park.

:D :D
arniegang

Aug 07, 2006
arniegang wrote:
the_zooter wrote:I got the new 3 series - a 330d M Sport

Shame on you

A diesel that does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, top speed limited to 155 and 231 bhp!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 10, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:
the_zooter wrote:I got the new 3 series - a 330d M Sport

Shame on you

A diesel that does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, top speed limited to 155 and 231 bhp!!

namby pamby engine mate, dont forget you need ear plugs for the noise and face mask for the fumes.

nothing like the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr of a V12, as you whizzz past the diessel chuggers cough cough splutter dong dang rattler mobile

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Aug 11, 2006
6.5 secs? Arnie's V12 wheel chair does it in 6!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 12, 2006
Congrats guyz on the beemers...

but all said and done .... the gracefull car is Merc by far.... just got a E320 Advantgrade..... its awesome!!!
torontonion
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 14, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:6.5 secs? Arnie's V12 wheel chair does it in 6!

But I bet I don't have to fill up with fuel as often as Arnie! I'll forgoe that extra 0.5 of a second! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 14, 2006
torontonion wrote:Congrats guyz on the beemers...

but all said and done .... the gracefull car is Merc by far.... just got a E320 Advantgrade..... its awesome!!!

Mercs quality is shiat! Not the same that it was. Couple of friends gota 2006 E class and the cars been in the shop 3 times since they bought it - why? Cuz the car turns itself off on the highway!! That and many other problems the new generation Mercs have. Ill have my BMW over the tristar anyday.. besides the fact that BMWs handling beats Merc everytime :)

But to each his own.. enjoy your ride!

Maybe Ill consider a S Class later when in in my mid forties... till then I have my sights on the M3 or M6.. beasts!!:D
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2006

Personally I find most of merc's lineup build quality to be lacking.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Personally I find most of merc's lineup build quality to be lacking.

I'd agree with that.
My dad has got a c-class merc, and its really not all its cracked up to be. And it drives me crazy that fact that the indicators and windscreen wipers are on the same stalk - what's that all about??? And there is no handbrake either. And the seats aren't comfortable, the radio turns itself off randomly, and everytime I try to use the cruise control, I end up putting the speed limiter on, and it seems to be set to some ridiculously low speed too!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
the_zooter wrote:I'd agree with that.
My dad has got a c-class merc, and its really not all its cracked up to be.
And it drives me crazy that fact that the indicators and windscreen wipers are on the same stalk - what's that all about??? And there is no handbrake either. And the seats aren't comfortable, the radio turns itself off randomly, and everytime I try to use the cruise control, I end up putting the speed limiter on, and it seems to be set to some ridiculously low speed too!!

Most of those are actually design flaws rather than build quality Z. Germans, go figure :lol:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Most of those are actually design flaws rather than build quality Z. Germans, go figure :lol:

Oh, I agree, but I've never had those sort of problems with BMW's, and I'm guessing you'd perhaps feel the same about Porsche's?? Maybe its just Mercedes who are out of touch with what people want (other than really really old people for whom its their last car before they move onto mobility scooters!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 15, 2006
I had a brand new C class a few years ago - it could only be described in one word

"shite"

After my first new one was replaced by the second new one after the first month , it became three words

"really f*cking shite"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Aug 15, 2006
arniegang wrote:I had a brand new C class a few years ago - it could only be described in one word

"shite"

After my first new one was replaced by the second new one after the first month , it became three words

"really f*cking shite"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sticking to your BMW's now then??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 16, 2006
I've been fortunate enough to drive a few models from both brands and if you truly enjoy driving there is only one choice between the two, BMW
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 16, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Oh, I agree, but I've never had those sort of problems with BMW's, and I'm guessing you'd perhaps feel the same about Porsche's?? Maybe its just Mercedes who are out of touch with what people want (other than really really old people for whom its their last car before they move onto mobility scooters!

Z, see that :lol: icon about Germans mate? :wink: Have no probs with beemers and porkas - well designed and built.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Z, see that :lol: icon about Germans mate? :wink: Have no probs with beemers and porkas - well designed and built.

Are you saying we are in agreement then??
Blimey - mark this day in history!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
First time for everything, right?

Let's hope its the last cause I much prefer friction than fiction.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 17, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:First time for everything, right?

Let's hope its the last cause I much prefer friction than fiction.

Too right buddy!!!
Life is much more interesting when people disagree!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 23, 2006
http://allpetawilson.info/movies/26041
Moster06
Dubai Forum Guest

Beautiful! Sep 23, 2006
Beautiful car mate! Congrats:) drive safe
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Beautiful! Sep 23, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:Beautiful car mate! Congrats:) drive safe
cheers

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 19, 2006
jag wrote:Hey guyz, thanks for the comments :)

Well it turns out my dads very good friend, a sennior exec in Dubai, really nice old chap who babied the car was getting a 7 series so I got this from him. Under warranty and all and low mileage, about 25,000 KM. Car is practically new and still has the new car smell :)

To be honest, I didnt need the extra power since the 318 is amazingly fast when I drove it! Really shocking. And now the 325, well the engine just sings :)

Cost me about 120K for this car, a fair deal according to my research and the near showroom condition of the car.

Errrr..does your dad's very good friend has another car for sale? Or maybe his other very good friends???... (I am serious)
Love your car. It's awesome. Though I have only been in a 330 ci, I am sure yours are equally fast and furious :) ... Drive safe man (I am still serious) :wink:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 25, 2006
BabyDoll wrote:
jag wrote:Hey guyz, thanks for the comments :)

Well it turns out my dads very good friend, a sennior exec in Dubai, really nice old chap who babied the car was getting a 7 series so I got this from him. Under warranty and all and low mileage, about 25,000 KM. Car is practically new and still has the new car smell :)

To be honest, I didnt need the extra power since the 318 is amazingly fast when I drove it! Really shocking. And now the 325, well the engine just sings :)

Cost me about 120K for this car, a fair deal according to my research and the near showroom condition of the car.

Errrr..does your dad's very good friend has another car for sale? Or maybe his other very good friends???... (I am serious)
Love your car. It's awesome. Though I have only been in a 330 ci, I am sure yours are equally fast and furious :) ... Drive safe man (I am still serious) :wink:

Will let you know if he does.. dont think anytime soon though as he is loving his 7 :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto