Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007

Topic locked
Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007 Oct 02, 2006
Dubai International Jazz festival 2007, Expands throughout the City

Nine consecutive nights of “More Than Jazz”

Chillout Productions, winner of the Award for the Best Festival in the UAE has announced the dates for the 5th edition of the Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007, which will run for nine days instead of three. The festival will take place between March 1, and 9, at Dubai Media City and at Madinat Jumeirah Outdoor Amphitheater.

“Due to the overwhelming and maintained growth of audiences by 20% each year since the beginning of the Dubai International Jazz Festival in 2003 and due to the large demand of fans and friends of the festival, we have decided to extend the festival to nine consecutive nights and add an additional venue.” Said Anthony Younes, Managing Director for Chillout Productions.

This year, the festival will showcase an incredibly diverse array of more than 24 internationally recognized recording artists. Featured genres include everything with a jazzy flavor: singer-songwriter, rocket-fueled funk and bluegrass, pop, blues, rock, reggae, and afro-centric music.

The Dubai International Jazz Festival 2007 is the only mutli-day music event of its caliber in the UAE and the region where music-loving souls meet. This year the 1st six nights “March 1-6” will take place at Madinat Jumeirah outdoor amphitheater and will feature 12 mainstream jazz bands and artists from different parts of the world whereby the admission is free for all.

The last three nights, “March 7-9” will remain at the Dubai Media City outdoor amphitheater park and will host 12 world-recognized, legends and pop acts.

“Last year, we have witnessed more than 21,500 fans flocking into the festival. This year we speculate a tremendous increase of fans’ attendance during the 9 days and thus create a new chapter in the history of Dubai International Jazz Festival.’ Added Anthony.

-Ends-

For more details contact:

Eric Kahi

Marketing & Communication Manager

Chillout Productions FZ-LLC

Tel: +971 4 3911196
Fax: +971 4 3918930
Mob: +971 505593577
E-mail: eric@chilloutproductions.com

Chillout Productions
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 02, 2006
looking forward to this, Chillout has been doing a good job with it.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
Free Jazz?

I'm in

Way to go Chill out productions
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 02, 2006
Jazz ... yippee!! I am so there! If I'm not in Saudi ... sigh ..
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 02, 2006
I love the Jazz Festival, it's a great event every year.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 02, 2006
last year was great!!...awsome and it was very well organised...with plenty of drinks sheeshas and seats...cant wait!!
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dubai International jazz festival 2007 Oct 03, 2006
What do you guys think would be nice to do between one show and another, u know when musicians change gears. Please place your wishes and I would try my best to recomend your ideas to the management. Just tell me anything you think would be nice to be added to the overall ambience of the festival. could be food, dinks, magicians, stilt walkers, kids zone, arts&crafts kiosks, photo souvenir shop etc...
Chillout Productions
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 03, 2006
Jazz is awesome, last year was awesome too

Im in
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai International jazz festival 2007 Oct 03, 2006
Chillout Productions wrote:What do you guys think would be nice to do between one show and another, u know when musicians change gears. Please place your wishes and I would try my best to recomend your ideas to the management. Just tell me anything you think would be nice to be added to the overall ambience of the festival. could be food, dinks, magicians, stilt walkers, kids zone, arts&crafts kiosks, photo souvenir shop etc...

One thing that I think is lacking, is the ability to perchase the little known artists records.

Pretty much any bar or festival you go to in the states has little know or unknow artists and all of them have tables or stands set up to buy thier music after you hear them live.

That could be something to look into.
bear
Dubai chat master

Re: Dubai International jazz festival 2007 Oct 03, 2006
bear wrote:
Chillout Productions wrote:What do you guys think would be nice to do between one show and another, u know when musicians change gears. Please place your wishes and I would try my best to recomend your ideas to the management. Just tell me anything you think would be nice to be added to the overall ambience of the festival. could be food, dinks, magicians, stilt walkers, kids zone, arts&crafts kiosks, photo souvenir shop etc...

One thing that I think is lacking, is the ability to perchase the little known artists records.

Pretty much any bar or festival you go to in the states has little know or unknow artists and all of them have tables or stands set up to buy thier music after you hear them live.

That could be something to look into.

they already do that at metal concerts and jiggs dude, but that is a good idea at the jazz festival
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
Hey Chillout

we love your jazz fest. We come each year!

Which artists to you plan to bring this year? come on, we can' wait!
coffeeman
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 04, 2006
Well guys, the artist line up is still not finalized,,,but,,mmmm,,from what i can see infront me now, and which is still confidential ;) , we call it a legendary line up,,, so stay tuned coz soon we'll be announcing the final list...and if you think for one moment that you can't wait, ur mistaken, coz jeez, i cant wait to have those artists and bands in dubai in march :)
Chillout Productions
Dubai Expat Wannabe

get us Norah dude Oct 08, 2006
How about Norah Jones?
Will there be any shishas this year too?
coffeeman
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 18, 2006
Chillout Productions wrote:Well guys, the artist line up is still not finalized,,,but,,mmmm,,from what i can see infront me now, and which is still confidential ;) , we call it a legendary line up,,, so stay tuned coz soon we'll be announcing the final list...and if you think for one moment that you can't wait, ur mistaken, coz jeez, i cant wait to have those artists and bands in dubai in march :)

Am marking this event down on my calendar. Love Jazz. What about some light comedy as a suggestion?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2006
yeah , last year was amazing , please bring some brazillian jazz artists its just amazing and no need for kids corners :evil: who wants kids with jazz? 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events