The Tragedy Of Wasted Life

Topic locked
The Tragedy of Wasted Life Mar 26, 2005
It's frustrating to talk to some people about God, Jesus, and salvation. They shrug you off by saying, "You have your own belief and I have mine". Or "I won't tell you how to live if you won't tell me how to live."

How do we respond to that? By telling them and showing them that our belief in Christ make sense. It gives life meaning now and for eternity.

In the book Papillon,the main character dreams that he is on trial. The judge says that he is being charged with the most terrible crime that a person can possibly commit. When Papillon asks what it is, he is told, "The Tragedy of Wasted Life" "Guilty!', says Papillon, weeping. "Guilty."

There are people all around us whose lives have no meaning or hope. They're caught in the web of sin, living in the futility of their mind(Ephisians 4:17). Our role , as followers of the Lord Jesus, is to demonstrate that the lifeof faith does make sense. In the midst of a world of aimlessness and despair, we are to live with purpose and hope.

When we show the difference Jesus has made in our lives, they will see that life can have meaning and purpose. then, if they turn to Jesus, they too will avoid the tragedy of wasted life.

sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Yoga for you Mar 27, 2005
Hi!
This is Shashi,You are to the core truthful,To invite something so holy,pure
you should have a pure body and Yoga makes it possible.
Shashi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 27, 2005
Thats a rather weird way of advertising, friend.
I am pretty sure the bible did not say:" To lead people to Christ..you need Yoga."

Sweet Mary, I know how you feel. It is not easy for a unbeliever to see the importance of being "save" when they do not think they have sin.
And most people do not take too kindly you telling them their beliefs are wrong.
Rather, show them yours without critisizing theirs. Doing so normally ends your conversation real fast.

The easiest way to do this, is to show them what kind of a person you are.
Learn from what Jesus did and all his teachings. Love them, let the glow tell them there is something different about a true believer. If Jesus is in your heart, His goodness will shine through. Have trust in Him totally.

Don't jump into speeches about God..you'll only drive them away.
Remember, a person that is used to the darkness cannot be expose to super bright light straight away. They will turn away.
Use a "dimmer"....turn on the light slowly...if they "squint"...stop. Let them get used to it first before brightening somemore.

Oh my....that analogy just came to me all of a sudden. It makes so much sense.
Thank you Holy Spirit.

Finally, 's.m'. Heres a verse I hope you can look at. Its very helpful:
Proverbs 16:1 - 16:9
Grace and Peace be on to you.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

wdcsdc Jun 20, 2005
thats the only thing in this forum that really makes sense!!!!! well said !!!

spoken like a real true christian !!!!

see mary if you actually start your statement in a non-agressive manner you will have viewers and listeners, but if you start it in a way that as if your condeming the people who doesnt share your view then you would have enemies ... for sure !!!!

its easier to convince a person if he/she is your friend ......

or

if your talking like a friend ......
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 20, 2005
There is alot of forcing of opinions and religions in here. (see Liban's post) :lol:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2005
Just because someone is not religious, does not mean they're a bad person or committing any sins or crimes, and you can be a good person without being religious.

Personally I can't stand people who find it necessary to enforce their beliefs on other people.

And no offence but all the En Shalla stuff, just makes me feel that sometimes a person has so little faith in themself and their abilities that it's an excuse.

And here's a question for you!

Religion and the diffifference in religions is one of the causes of many of the problems in the world today, so if there were NO religion, what would happen? And no-one would think themselves better than someone else because of their faith!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
Lemmi guess, next you are going to question the Existance and Glory of Our Master....God???
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2005
I question everything!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
I'm perfectly happy in myself and my beliefs, I treat others with kindness and respect and I try to live a good life, which we should all do anyway.

But I find that many institutions are hypocritical with regard to money, corruption and twisting things for unworthy benefits.

I didn't say that I don't believe in anything, but I'm more a spiritual person than a religious one.

And Liban you avoided the question!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
I didn't avoid your question. Your question makes no sense because to imply that there is no religion means that there is no God and that goes against my beleifs and I cannot get into such a discussion.

Religion is not the problem. People misusing it for their own personal gain is the problem. Man is flawed, religion is not.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2005
Not quite liban...the difference between not believing in god and not believing in religion can be quite big, its the difference between atheism and agnosticism...religion is a more organized collective form of spirituality, and some people might find that that means its easier to go wrong since collectively people will try to shape the religion to their own needs....one can still believe in god, but reject the need for belonging to a religion to commune with god

I'm with choc on this, I'm much more a spiritual person than a religious person, in that I feel my spirituality should be a more personal relationship with the higher power...just feel that too many intermediaries dilutes that commitment...above all I believe that the cornerstone of spirituality is how you are with fellow humans (all of them and not just selectively)...morality (not the selfrighteous kind though) and conscience as well...am not saying that I don't respect those who choose a different way, or claim to know better, but this is what works for me
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 21, 2005
Religion is man's interpretation of of what God said or what he wants or wanted. All of it is flawed considerably because man is fallible. To assume that man can possibly know what the Almighty wants is very arrogant of him.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 21, 2005
The Quran is a book written by God's words spoken from the blessed mouth of His messanger, the most noble of men, the most perfect man in creation, Mohammed (PBUH). Islam, the religion of peace, is based on the teachings of God as per the Quran, His Book.

Blessed be the Quran and Blessed be the Holy Words of our Creator... God (Allah in arabic).
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 22, 2005
Congradulations!

I am with Choc and Nik, religions tend to distort views and get very complicated, when the bottom line is just believing in God.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 22, 2005
No one is asking you to question your faith, everyone has the right to take which ever path they choose.

I think the philosophies of Buddhists are very interesting, they're much older than Christianity and Islam, there were many extraodinary things about the life of the first Buddha and he reached enlightenment through meditation and strove to find a solution to human pain and suffering.

Having read quite a bit about it you could say when he reached his conclusions he was communing with a higher power and became a teacher of those ideals, it's all about being in touch with the world around you.

There are good and bad things about every religion, but the more you put positive thoughts and feelings out into the world and to other people, the more it will come back to you.

In an ideal world, I'd just like everyone to be nice to each other. There are so many awful things happening around the world, it's awful, we all might not be able to help with the big problems, but small gestures go along way.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 27, 2005
There once was a boat floating down a river. Peaceful as can be.
In the boat sits 3 person. An atheist, a scientist and a priest.

The priest said : "I believe we can all be better friends if we all believe in God."

The atheist said : "I don't believe in God."
And gets into a deep discussion with the priest and disagreeing at every turn.

The scientist said : "According to my calculations it will take approximately 13hours and 15mins to exhaust you 2 idiots out with a conversation like this."

Being the cleverer one, he started to do research on how he can cut their conversation short.

The boat continues to float down the river.

A boy sitting by the river bank looked up and saw the boat floating down the river. He shouted at them: "Theres a waterfall coming up!!!"

But they didn't hear the boy because they were too engross in their own things.

The scientist, too busy trying to find out an equation that will deduce the Almighty God into numbers.

The priest, too busy telling people about God , he forgot about the waterfall that he heard about.

The atheist simply don't believe in waterfalls.

The truth: You can try and distract yourself all you want. But the waterfall still exist. And we are all heading towards it.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2005
Man is an accident that will correct itself shortly
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 27, 2005
Well man is flawed.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Man is an accident that will correct itself shortly

I pray that man can correct in time.
The consequence of that "accident" is eternal and very very painful.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 27, 2005
Man can correct but will remain flawed. The Prophet, like Jesus, was a man without flaw... But then, thats why they were prophets and we are simple men....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2005
Oh, I am pretty sure Jesus had flaws. He was a man. Why in the Bible, does Jesus go from 12 to 30? He never told a bad joke at a party? Never tripped over his feet when walking through the desert? You can't take what was written thousands of years ago literally.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 28, 2005
I doubt Jesus was a womanzier and a bad joke teller at parties. For me to even think if that is sin in Islam and I will not even get into it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2005
Guys and gals, instead of going on about man correcting himself etc etc etc.

Why don't you start with yourself! Set the example! You know what if everyone starts to make small changes in the way they treat each other and the world, then it will all be a better place.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 28, 2005
I agree with that.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2005
I bet Jesus told a bad joke once or twice :wink: For jewish men to not be married at his age, they were either in mourning or gay. Jesus never wanted to ensure that his family and his name, teachings, etc lived on? He was a decendant of Soloman, he had royal jewish blood in his veins. Not saying anything bad about my Lord and homeboy Jesus, but I think the Bible twisted around his life in order to make the story a legend. No one wants to hear about the Son of God snooring in his sleep or telling bad jokes at weddings.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 29, 2005
I doubt God would have found it important to include such trivial things about His messanger in the teachings....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2005
Jesus NEVER jokes. He is not here for the righteous. He is here for the unrighteous.
Thats why He hangs out in bars drinking with prostitutes and tax collectors.
Jesus is not particularly a "NICE" guy. He is not the soft individual you think He is. He will literally KICK you out of the temple if you were disrespecting His Father's house. He did so when He arrived at a certain synagoge.
When His disciple disturbs Him while He is taking a nap..they get a scolding.
He never sinned...He was Not born of the normal way. Through a sinful woman. Only one such as Him is qualified to DIE FOR SIN. Orelse He will only be dying for HIS own sin..not ours.

Before He was even caught..He was already telling all His disciple that He will be caught and He will die. Nobody understood what He was talking about. And He said that His death is a MUST and that it is good for mankind. Peter told Him:" No my Lord..You shall SURELY not die. I will die before I let anyone touch you!"
Jesus told him:"Get behind Me satan!" And Peter was confuse. He did not understand that Jesus must die inorder for us to have salvation.

So Pumpkin, Jesus had no flaw in the eyes of God. And if He not telling jokes is a minus to you..then you need to CHANGE your perspective about life in a BIG way.
God bless you, Pumpkin. You have a mind of a kid...God loves that.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 30, 2005
abs wrote:J

So Pumpkin, Jesus had no flaw in the eyes of God. And if He not telling jokes is a minus to you..then you need to CHANGE your perspective about life in a BIG way.
God bless you, Pumpkin. You have a mind of a kid...God loves that.

god doesnt love pedophiles!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 30, 2005
He must hate you then...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 30, 2005
Liban wrote:He must hate you then...

U mistook Philantropic for pedophile , I am famous philantrophic man . Liban, Plz read the newspapers with your glasses on and keep ur bfs away from u! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums