Where The Hell Is Greens Community?!

Topic locked
Where the hell is Greens Community?! Jun 20, 2005
Does anyone know where the greens community / dubai investments park is exactly? I think it's somewhere between Jumeirah and Jebel Ali. Is it particularly far from Al Wasl Road? Do you know where I can find a map with this information? All the others I've seen seem to be either out of date or just don't go that far out. Thanks in advance :)

DXBgoddess
Dubai Forum User

Jun 20, 2005
All you need to do is get onto sheikh zayed road and keep driving straight towards Jebal Ali - Abu Dhabi then exactly oposite Dubai Internet City is the greens community. The exit right after DIC should have signs posted mentioning the Greens

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jun 21, 2005
No dude, that's the gardens, to get to the greens you have to go even further, you go all the way down to the Jebel Ali free zone and get off at the turning for the port and free zone then go left over the fly over, keep going till you hit a massive round a bout, and you'll see a massive sign for the greens.

Yes it's miles from Al Wasl.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
hmm not sure if the greens community is different from emaar greens...but emaar greens is most definitely near the fifth interchange...should know coz I have a flat there (its an apartment complex right next to the golf course) :) (gosh unless this is a move by emaar to shift stuff closer to Ibn Battuta :) better check) ...in fact isn't the gardens further down? iel near the mall? Hmm but tell you what even if it is almost all the way to Jebel Ali...still a better bet living there and travelling to al wasl for work than say in bur dubai....coz you eliminate the traffic totally by goin in the opposite direction
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 21, 2005
tisk tisk tisk .... don't doubt

As I mentioned before. Exactly opposite DIC is the Greens.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jun 21, 2005
Very resourceful D, good job :) That's the Greens I know about, but what threw me off is dxbgoddess' mention of investments park (maybe that means the sales center?)...don't recall that being in the vicinity...perhaps I missed it....or maybe there's something else called Greens COMMUNITY? Rather unlikely coz I don't think there's another golf course away from that area which would make the name inappropriate...but then dubai has a history of reusing names in branding hehe
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 22, 2005
Yes like I said the GREENS COMMUNITY, is just a left turn at the Jebel Ali free zone and port, you go through an investment partk - doh I was there visiting a mate last week, it's the easiest way to go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 22, 2005
The map for the Greens you've posted there is not the same one - damn confusing, calling two areas virtually the same.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 22, 2005
Thanks for the tips, you guys. Let's just clear one thing up though. Am I right in assuming that The Greens Community in Dubai Investment Park is somehwere completely different from The Greens near Dubai Internet City? Or are they one and the same? It's all highly confusing! The only map I could find of that area is too beeldin' small to see! But it does seem to be somewhere near Jebel Ali Free Zone. Can anyone tell me what sort of area I should be looking for accomodation in if I was to be working there? Thanx

DXBgoddess
Dubai Forum User

Jun 22, 2005
Smartd seems to have silence all his critics in a very ambitious way....two points for the home team
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Lost!!! Jun 24, 2005
Eeesh!
And you people live here! No wonder Taxi drivers never know where to go!

The Green Community and the Greens (Emaar) are two totally different and unrelated projects, the only thing they have in common is that they are both on the same side of Sheikh Zayed Road.

Green Community and the Investment park are MILES out of town, as pointed out by one of the previous respondents. Near to Jebel Ali Port! Definitly not within easy cab reach of Al Wasal Road. The other monster The Greens (Emaar) is opposite Media/ Internet City!

The Green Community is freehold and expensive to rent. If you were working in Jebel Ali (the port) look at staying in the Gardens (reasonable rent, but a waiting list), or Jebel Ali Village. If you can wait long enough Discovery Gardens, and Jumeriah Islands will soon be opening up.....

P.S. Yes the maps all suck! I don't think there is an up to date one available anywhere
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 24, 2005
dbxsoul has spoken.... all hail the encyclopedia of Dubai :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

ha-ha-ha Jun 24, 2005
Ha-ha-ha

F*//$K..... you make me sound psycotic like a hermit living at the top of a mountain :lol:

mmmm... then again the closest excuse for a mountain in the area is Jebel Ali ....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 24, 2005
Nah man, you sound more like a tourism and living guide for Dubai... :lol:

But trust me its well appreciated. I read your posts and always learn something new. I enjoy it!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum