Buying A House In Dubai

Topic locked
Buying a House in Dubai Jun 15, 2005
I am currently looking to buy a flat or a house in Dubai - I need some advice on location from those who have been living in dubai for a few years already or are perhaps from Dubai - Dubai Marina or Emirates Hills? Any help will be much appreciated

Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 18, 2005
BUDDY, IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT IS YOUR BUDGET AND LOCATION PREFERENCE ?
chap1979
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 19, 2005
Thanks for the reply - the budget is about 800K to a max of 1M,
what about Dubai Marina ?
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 19, 2005
There are many real estate agencies that can help you out. If you are already in dubai just pickup any newspaper and you'll see tons listing.

If you aren't in town then let me know your whereabouts and maybe I can find someone to help you out.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jun 20, 2005
Thanks D, I have spoken to many estate agents but I really do not trust what they say - at the end of the day they are trying to make a sale and this is all that matters to them - I just want to know what people like yourselves from Dubai think of the new Dubai Marina Developments.
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 21, 2005
To be honest as I keep driving round there looking at how fast it's all going up, really makes me wonder how good the build quality is.

Plus many of the buildings are far too close together, with some having 3 sides of the building looking in on others, so no light, looking straight into someone elses place etc etc.

And the roads aren't geared up for it yet, there's going to be major problems there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
I betcha that the build quality is on par with that in Noakchott... I say that because the pace is too fast to ensure a proper build...

But thats just what I think, I could be wrong, I ain't no structural engineer :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2005
Thanks for your comments, you are both right , the buildings are going up too quickly... and there are too many flats in and around the Marina - I also looked at the Jumeriah Beach Residence but it is also very crowded there,

Everytime I am in Dubai I wonder what will happend once all those developments are finsihed and sold, With cars being much cheaper than the rest of the world, Would Dubai become just like any other crowded tourist city with too many cars and clogged roads and polution , I sometimes feel tha the ambitions for Dubai may backfire.

The Villas in Arabaina ranches and Springs are the same price as the flats in the Marina - any comments ? What about the Palms ?
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 21, 2005
THE BEST BET WOULD BE TO BUY A SEA VIEW APARTMENT IN TALL BUILDINGS LIKE PRINCESS TOWER / OCEAN HEIGHTS / ......

BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS AND GOOD LOCALITY.

YOU CAN SEND A pm IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL PROJECTS....
chap1979
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 21, 2005
Hmm I think in the current clime, its better to invest in a villa than in an apartment, for one the apartments market is becomin saturated...of course if your interest is residential rather than speculative, a villa might be more trouble to maintain...but I just get the feeling villas are safer investments now
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 21, 2005
I totally agree Nik, but I travel extensively and the idea of leaving the Villa unattended for at least two weeks a month worries me a little, the problems with the flats in Dubai is that prices are now the prices are more or less the same as in Spain, Portugal and some parts of France or the English countryside and I belive that the Western tourist - investor would rather buy in those countries than the middle east...
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai