Planning On A Trip To Thailand!!

Topic locked
Planning on a trip to thailand!! Oct 13, 2006
I am planning on a trip to thailand from second week of december basically to enjoy!! Enjoy the nightlife specifically for music as I heard rock and trance are really good there. Any suggestions on what to avoid and what not to carry and plus advice on as being my first solo trip!!

Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2006
Thailand is beautiful. Bangkok is great. And most are very cheap. Been living there for one year.

For night life, Bangkok is a heaven. From sidewalk food stalls to expensive restaurants. From live bands to bars/clubs. From massages to exotic shows. From beautiful skinny girls to transsxuals.

Generally it's quite secure to get out in the night. Be careful with overpriced seafood restaurants, fake gems, and exotic shows scams offered by taxi or tuk-tuk drivers.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2006
Well I heard abt all that but worried abt getting ripped off and getting trying to find the difference between a transxual and girl :( and yeah my plans are to go to phuket, pattaya, bangkok and the legendary night life of patpong. I just hope the music which my main aim is for, I find it. Any idea where how much money I should take and yeah is it good to take a debit card or a credit card
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2006
If you are a man, you'll know how differentiate them :D

Some night life places in Bangkok:

- Suan Lum night bazaar for cheap nice foods and beers and live music from local bands (not really good though). But I like the environment... and those sxy dancers :D

- Patpong, Soi Cowboy, Sukhumvit Soi 4 (near Nana plaza), Sukhumvit Soi 22, Ratchadapisek Soi 4 for bars

- RCA district for clubs and discos

- Ratchadapisek (around Huay Kwang metro station) for massages and karaoke bars

- Sukhumvit (Thonglor or Ekkamai area) for cafes & restaurants.

While in Bangkok, take free BK or GuRu lifestyle tabloid from any popular places for guide to these stuffs.

Don't know how you'd spend your money, so can't tell you how much you should bring. Taking debit/credit cards also Ok. You can take some local money from ATMs. For better rates, offcourse bring US Dollars or Euro for exchange.

Rough prices (1 USD about 38 THB, 1 AED abt 10 THB):
A glass of beer: abt 100 THB
Burgers: abt 100-200 THB
Budget hotels: abt 600-2000 THB
Local meals: abt 30-60 THB
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2006
Finally thank you

Someone who could understand what I was talking about. Thanks for the classification. btw I heard half of dancers and stuff in bars are u know the trans.

I got some more questions. can I pm u. If u dont mind!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2006
Unknown Devil wrote:Finally thank you
Someone who could understand what I was talking about. Thanks for the classification. btw I heard half of dancers and stuff in bars are u know the trans.
I got some more questions. can I pm u. If u dont mind!!

You're welcome.
Not really exactly, depends on which bars/clubs you visit. Most trans have their own bars or cabarette shows.
You're welcome to PM, but I must warn you, I don't know further than those. I never went to those places (except the night bazaar). I'm a good man :D
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 19, 2006
Personally i would not go near phucket - seeing fat europeans going back to their hotels with 14 year olds put me off the vibe.

Why not try out Koh-Samui or Koh Phang yan. Its full of lovely beachs and a slow peaceful pace of life. Not only that you get plenty of nightclubs 20 minutes away from your own beach house for 400 bhat a night.

Thailand is full of culture charm. I made some great friends out there. A nation of proud, independant people - so try to take in bit more then girly bars and a dose of STD's ;)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2006
do your shopping in bkk instead of phuket... more variety & cheaper esp the weekend market - chatuchak market.

phuket is beautiful & great for the sun, sand & sea activities...
cranky
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Planning on a trip to thailand!! Dec 01, 2006
Unknown Devil wrote:I am planning on a trip to thailand from second week of december basically to enjoy!! Enjoy the nightlife specifically for music as I heard rock and trance are really good there. Any suggestions on what to avoid and what not to carry and plus advice on as being my first solo trip!!

Bangkok is one of the most interesting cities in Asia on many different levels. Besides all the famous/infamous nightlife, I would suggest spending part of a day going up and down the muddy Chao Phraya River. You might also want to also revisit the river at night.

Bangkok is much bigger than Dubai. It's a more "natural" city in certain respects. Bangkok is also a lot cheaper!

Getting around Bangkok has become easier now than before with the Skytrain (elevated light rail system) and the even newer MRT (subway/metro/underground). Try to stay in a hotel near either the Skytrain or the MRT.

Not sure what the new airport is like (it's been more than a year since I was last in Bangkok), but, from what I've heard, it is nice. You will probably have to catch a taxi to go to/from the airport.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around