New Persian Gulf Website

Topic locked
New Persian Gulf Website Jun 10, 2005
Theres a Persian Gulf Website with a section on Dubai i thought id mention here.

Its at http://www.thepersiangulf.org

Shukran

Al Hassan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 10, 2005
One day people will wake up to the fact that its the Arabian Gulf and not Persian gulf.

For one thing all the contries in the gulf peninsula are arabic and not persian.

For a second thing, Persia no longer exists. It hasn't existed since the 1930s. It is Iran, so people better get with the times and also learn about the modern geopolitical landscape of the near east.

Other than that, its a good site although some of the Dubai pictures seem to have been stolen from copyrighted sites... :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2005
no one likes a know it all.
laila k m
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2005
And nobody asked your opinion :twisted:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
Liban wrote:And nobody asked your opinion :twisted:

It must be called the Persian Gulf for a reason - Have a look at an Atlas as it might be good for you -
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
I dont't know what the Atlases of the Islamic Republic say.... Maybe that Iran is the sole master of the gulf or whatever...

But population of arabs his much more than that of the iranians in the area... Also Iran should get over itself... It lost against the Greeks of the faggot Alexander (yikes!) and it lost against Iraq and will lose again against the US if its not careful.... I support Iran and its quest for the nuke, and I like the Iranians I have met, but facts are facts....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
try this site - might educate you a little www.worldatlas.com or perhaps any ther Atlas you can find - does not have to be an Islamic one - by the way Dubai is not another city in Canada - so stop wasting everyone's time..... it is called Dubai Forum and not Canadian bored sad people wih nothing better to do forum..................
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:try this site - might educate you a little www.worldatlas.com or perhaps any ther Atlas you can find - does not have to be an Islamic one - by the way Dubai is not another city in Canada - so stop wasting everyone's time..... it is called Dubai Forum and not Canadian bored sad people wih nothing better to do forum..................

OK there Mr. Brainiac.

1) I looked at the site and they called it Arabian Peninsula and not Persian. So you just shafted yourself. http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys ... rabian.htm

2) Dubai is not in Canada? Really?? Like I didn't know... Thanks for clarifying things for me... :roll:

3) If you had a bit bigger brain you might have bothered to find out what Liban means. It means Lebanese ya sucka... I am Arab and proud.

So why don't you go hide now...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
1) FOR THE TENTH TIME IT IS CALLED THE PERSIAN GULF ...... nothing to be proud of , it is just what it is still called for whatever reason, I am just stating the facts....

2) I have nothing against Arabs or any other nationalities so you are safe- do not worry -

Anyway have a good life, I hope you find what you looking for , try some Bangladeshi forums maybe some african ones too as it apears that you have all the time in the world - once you run out of forums try to get out a little and meet people - might do you good......
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:1) FOR THE TENTH TIME IT IS CALLED THE PERSIAN GULF ...... nothing to be proud of , it is just what it is still called for whatever reason, I am just stating the facts....

2) I have nothing against Arabs or any other nationalities so you are safe- do not worry -

Anyway have a good life, I hope you find what you looking for , try some Bangladeshi forums maybe some african ones too as it apears that you have all the time in the world - once you run out of forums try to get out a little and meet people - might do you good......

1) No its not

2) That not what I see from your post... making fun of Bangladeshi and African forums... Get a clue...

Why don't you go back to Iran and become a mullah or something and launch idle threats against Israel and the USA, pretending to defend Palestine or something...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
u both are talking about same shit! And yes dont make fun of bangladeshi or African forums Ali @ss!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 14, 2005
You don;t have to read it - I give up on this forum - it is full of brainless, rude, arrogant people from Canada for some reason - they should change the name of the forum and call it SADCANADIANSFORUM.COM
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 14, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:You don;t have to read it - I give up on this forum - it is full of brainless, rude, arrogant people from Canada for some reason - they should change the name of the forum and call it SADCANADIANSFORUM.COM

No Ali, it's just Liban :roll:
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 14, 2005
Here Here! Score one for Ali!!!! PHUCK CANADA!!!!!! :lol:

(I didnt say anything about anyone specific, therefore not breaking the truce 8) Have a nice day)
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 15, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:You don;t have to read it - I give up on this forum - it is full of brainless, rude, arrogant people from Canada for some reason - they should change the name of the forum and call it SADCANADIANSFORUM.COM

Well I was pissed cos u were criticizing and ridiculing other forums. If you were here in Canada u would be owned! And yes Liban have ur eyes checked, there is persian gult and arabian peninsula..
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
If he was here in Canada he wouldn't survive long making fun of africans and indians...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2005
I am getting really bored with this conversation guys - The Gulf is called the Persian Gulf whether you like it or not --- by the way sniper it is gulf and not GULT - maybe you are the one who should get their eyes checked out.........

Once again I have nothing against Indian and African forums or people - It was just a suggestion.......
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 15, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:I am getting really bored with this conversation guys - The Gulf is called the Persian Gulf whether you like it or not --- by the way sniper it is gulf and not GULT - maybe you are the one who should get their eyes checked out.........

Once again I have nothing against Indian and African forums or people - It was just a suggestion.......

Have you ever heard of a typo? Thats whats Sniper420 did and its not the end of the world.. Sheesh! :shock:

I no longer feel like arguing with you because its like arguming with a mule... They will just get stubborn...

If you have nothing against Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshi's or Africans then do not make any demeaning suggestions towards them. Besides you are Iranian, which isn't much better...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2005
Ali-1974 wrote:I am getting really bored with this conversation guys - The Gulf is called the Persian Gulf whether you like it or not --- by the way sniper it is gulf and not GULT - maybe you are the one who should get their eyes checked out.........

For the LOVe of God if I make typing mistake should I have my eyes checked. U must be either a perfectionist or one sentence nerd. Reminds me of Glory. :cry:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2005
i'm bored so i thought i'd reply to every topic with the word

HI
laila k m
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2005
laila k m wrote:i'm bored so i thought i'd reply to every topic with the word

HI

You're dumb.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2005
Lol apparently this persian gulf/arabian gulf topic is quite controversial elsewhere as well...all answers can be found here :
http://arabian-gulf.info/

:P k whats in a name anyhow...but one things for sure, lots of things are named after erstwhile conditions....Siam is now Thailand, but we still have Siamese twins and Siamese cats...similarly the name India is derived from Indus, a river which now lies entirely in Pakistan...and Greenland is most decidedly not green...so its quite possible that the name Persian Gulf came about when Persia existed and was the most prominent in the region at the time the gulf was being named and hence the name persists till today...and well one end of the gulf is at Iran....

that said its equally valid that the Arabs refer to it as the Arabian gulf...people have different names for the same thing...the way many countries refer to themselves differently ie; Japan is Nippon, India is Bharat, Switzerland is Helvetia etc

K just bein a busybody here guys...can't resist a good discussion...no intentions of gettin caught in the flame war :)

Cheers,
Nik
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 16, 2005
Ok a good link that intelligently dissects the issue (admittedly on an Iranian history site)...not a hokey one like I gave in the last message :P
http://www.iranchamber.com/geography/ar ... istory.php
Nik
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 16, 2005
Thanks for the link Nik, Mullahs will be happy ! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2005
Nik wrote:Lol apparently this persian gulf/arabian gulf topic is quite controversial elsewhere as well...all answers can be found here :
http://arabian-gulf.info/

This site was spoken about in bbc.co.uk website a while ago as part of an organized attempt by the Iranian government to maintain an archaic nomenclature of the gulf area... They are fighting a losing battle, hence the popping up of such sites.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2005
Nik wrote:Ok a good link that intelligently dissects the issue (admittedly on an Iranian history site)...not a hokey one like I gave in the last message :P
http://www.iranchamber.com/geography/ar ... istory.php

Well written, albite from a distincly Iranian bias. But in any event, the Iranians can call it what they want and they can try I convice the rest of the world that they are right, but we Arabs, the true owners of the Arabian Peninsula and general gulf area know what it is really called and thats the end of the story for us.

PS - I bear no ill will towards Iran and I support it in many international issues since the fall of that tyrant of an American puppet shah.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2005
Guys , looks like we have bored Laila and this is not good - I no longer care whether it is the Arabian or Persian Gulf :) I just want Laila to be happy :--)
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 17, 2005
Who cares about what Laila thinks or wants? Not me...

Besides Ali, didn't you know that Laila is really an overweight shemale? You wanna me THAT happy? Go right ahead but count me out, she annoys me too much...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2005
No reason to call people names if they annoy you !! people stop doing this normally when they are about 7-8 years old ..... besides I do not see any problems with overweight people nor shemales - they choose to lead a life they like and has nothing to do with you or me. Muslems should learn to also respect those who are differnt to them....
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums