Tattoo?

Topic locked
tattoo? Oct 04, 2006
is it islamically legal to get a tattoo?
no image of a living / mythical creature, but a symbol like a heart or some text or flowers, etc. on a covered part of the body?
is there any hadith or fatwa regarding whether namaaz and/or wudu is acceptable?

zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 04, 2006
its forbidden

The Prophet
(saw) has condemed and cursed
a) the person that gets himself/herself tatooed
b) the person who does the tatooing
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Re: tattoo? Oct 04, 2006
zaidinamdar wrote:is it islamically legal to get a tattoo?
no image of a living / mythical creature, but a symbol like a heart or some text or flowers, etc. on a covered part of the body?
is there any hadith or fatwa regarding whether namaaz and/or wudu is acceptable?

dude if you really wanna make sure, ask a islamic religion guy, he will give the full detail
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'm no scholar, but what common sense tells me the ink of the tattoo is not penetrable by water therefore negating the ablutions before prayer, and any other ablutions for that matter.

Like bleakus said, ask someone who knows, or better yet, READ and find your own answer.
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 04, 2006
nismo wrote:
mema wrote:its forbidden

The Prophet
(saw) has condemed and cursed
a) the person that gets himself/herself tatooed
b) the person who does the tatooing

stop making stuff up !!!
you lie

there is a limit to things..i wrote a hadith u ignorant don't call it a lie "i wrote the prophet (saw) " show some respect :evil:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Even many non muslims know that the Tatoo is forbidden... hence the Temp ones.

Try Henna ;-)
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 04, 2006
Please do a dearch on this subject, as there has been numerous and extensive discussions on this in the past.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums