Porsh Cayaean

Topic locked
porsh cayaean Sep 28, 2006
hi guys see the pic of porshcayaean in this web http://www.carsdirect.com/porsche/cayenne/pictures and tell me what you think about it :?:

r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Awsome! Sep 28, 2006
Porsche Cayenne is one of the best off-roaders indeed! It won several awards in North America and the only 4x4 to complete the death valley challenge in 24hrs in the deserts of America where temperatures are above 50'C!!!, So am a big big fan of these three sister offroaders: Cayenne, Touareg and Q7. Brilliant job done by VAG :!: If you want good performance on the road and off the road than go for Cayenne Turbo.

A perfect blend of the luxuries of a high-class saloon car, and a powerful 4x4 you could get in these cars! and they're all priced well. If you're one of those who always dream of owning a Porsche, and than regret that gosh if only you could take your Porsche anywhere you want (on and off the road), than the Cayenne is for you my friend :lol:
cheers.
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 28, 2006
Salman you should go into marketing although I don't think I've ever seen a Cayanne off road.

Stock I really don't like them, but invest in a kit, something like this:

or this:

Then I'm a fan :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 28, 2006
Those do look better than the stock ones for sure.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 28, 2006
sorry dude, but the nissan is better in the desert than a porshe caynee
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
Bleakus wrote:sorry dude, but the nissan is better in the desert than a porshe caynee

hahaha cos u have one eh?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:sorry dude, but the nissan is better in the desert than a porshe caynee

hahaha cos u have one eh?

yep, but the point is that nissan is better in the desert, it has a magic of its own ;)

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
I prefer the stock ones myself - although the "S" version looks better than the standard version. :oops:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 28, 2006

hey dude, i respect your opinion about Nissan! Indeed it is good in offroading, but have you driven Porsche Cayenne?? well I have driven!! My friend rashid has Cayenne S, we go once in a month to hatta, falaj-mu3alla, dhaid and all the possible desert roots! I drive half the time, trust me mate, as soon as you get into desert..its a magic! the car pulls for it self!!! just select the terrain type, engage the fourwheel mode and suspensions, sit back and enjoy the sand dune bashing! my friend and I know some local guys..they go for Awafi challenges and races, they mostly have Nissan Patrol (same model as your's) And they are too impressed by Cayenne! Infact some said Cayenne Turbo is best for sand dune racing!! Wallah! and the word they used was ''saiyara khateer hadey'' for Cayenne, means its a solid monster car!! so my friend do not underestimate any brand of car!
All are good vehicles! none of them are bad, but the point is that the guy asked only about ''what do you think of Porsche Cayenne'' so I told him only about the Cayenne, and the things which are good about Cayenne i told him....so what's your opinion about (only Cayenne) mate?
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 29, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:

hey dude, i respect your opinion about Nissan! Indeed it is good in offroading, but have you driven Porsche Cayenne?? well I have driven!! My friend rashid has Cayenne S, we go once in a month to hatta, falaj-mu3alla, dhaid and all the possible desert roots! I drive half the time, trust me mate, as soon as you get into desert..its a magic! the car pulls for it self!!! just select the terrain type, engage the fourwheel mode and suspensions, sit back and enjoy the sand dune bashing! my friend and I know some local guys..they go for Awafi challenges and races, they mostly have Nissan Patrol (same model as your's) And they are too impressed by Cayenne! Infact some said Cayenne Turbo is best for sand dune racing!! Wallah! and the word they used was ''saiyara khateer hadey'' for Cayenne, means its a solid monster car!! so my friend do not underestimate any brand of car!
All are good vehicles! none of them are bad, but the point is that the guy asked only about ''what do you think of Porsche Cayenne'' so I told him only about the Cayenne, and the things which are good about Cayenne i told him....so what's your opinion about (only Cayenne) mate?
cheers

no doubt about it, porsche is amazing car to drive. its just the nissan can take the beatings of the desert when you drive hard in the desert. Who in their sane mind will jump off a dune with a porsche cayenne. its too depressing even too imagine ;)

\m/ rock on dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

NISSAN Sep 29, 2006
porsh is better than nissan because in desret porsh cayaean is stronger than nissan and in road porsh stronger than nissan and nissan for porsh is notting :P
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: NISSAN Sep 29, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:porsh is better than nissan because in desret porsh cayaean is stronger than nissan and in road porsh stronger than nissan and nissan for porsh is notting :P

Well said mate :wink:
Because we can not compare the German technologies with the Japanese one's. The Cayanne Turbo is the world first SUV to have a stock fitted massive 550 BHP monster Porsche engine(Beyond compare)! This awsome HP is produced @6700 rpm, gross!!!!! 0-100 in 4.2 sec. Imagine how much will be the torque of this wonderful engine!!! The torque and the displacment should be more in order produce massive horsepowers in the deserts which the Cayanne is blessed with!! :lol:

Now I know you can also modify your 'Patrol' engine too, but you're gonna be spending about 100 dirhams for nothing, say even if you got a 1000 horsepower nissan engine by fitting all those turbo-chargers, cams, big manifolds etc...the nissan engines can not bear that amount of load and complexity!! So what happen's? after a thudery burst of sound while racing up a sand dune....the engine block blows out in flames!!! (which has happened so many times that i don't even remember! back in Awafi) which the locals don't bother at all, they simply change with the new engine block and heads and race again!! But Porsche's engines are MADE FOR PERFORMANCE!!!! hardcore heavy-duty performance my friends!
If you want to compare Porsche, compare it with its class of vehicles (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lotus, Aston Martins) not NISSAN for God sake :?

Coming to Jap cars, well the Patrol (2007) has a superb 4500 VTC engine which has a reasonable 280bhp @ 4800rpm. Which is not bad for offroading, Cayanne Turbo however has a massive 500bhp (can be increased to 550 by Al Naboodah) @ 4700rpm! Tell honesty, which car would perform better in desert?? the one with 280hp? or 500hp?

Certainly every car has its own value and grace, and we should all admire it too, but we cannot pass out a ''Commandment'' that says Nissan IS BETTER than Porsche!! That would just be an unfare way to judge cars!

P.S. I agree that Nissan can take the beatings of desert! You will also not feel bad when you jump from dunes or drive scary! But you can certainly count on Cayanne for doing all that too, the Hydrolics of Cayanne and its chessis, differential systems are made and designed to perform by the rules of off-roading! The Porsche has joined hands with Volkswagen to build a car which is a pure off-roader and can undergo thru ANY off-roading situations.
Hope you'll understand the significance of an exotic car such as Porsche!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 29, 2006
Gemballa rulez
discoaster
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 30, 2006
no probs dude ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

nissan patrol Sep 30, 2006
nissan patrol have one something bad it engine burn loats of patrol i goaed to the nissan company i said to them why nissan burns alot of patroal they said because it have astrong machine and its machine gets very hot
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: nissan patrol Sep 30, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:nissan patrol have one something bad it engine burn loats of patrol i goaed to the nissan company i said to them why nissan burns alot of patroal they said because it have astrong machine and its machine gets very hot

unless you put a maxima fan for the engine....no probs ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

maxima Sep 30, 2006
if i put 2 fans for nissan patrol how it will be
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2006
i dont know dude, you should try it...one is enough
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

nissan patrol Sep 30, 2006
i have nissan model 1993 it very strong but when i drive it sometimes it shakes very strong and when i go to speed 180 the machine get sooo warm?
why :?:
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 30, 2006
discoaster wrote:Gemballa rulez

for body kits i prefer TechArt over Gemballa but to each its own, the above pictures posted are TechArt.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 01, 2006
forget about apparence mate, i am talking about engine upgrades :)

have u ever heard the noise coming out from Gemballa Bi turbo beast?

it is still in my mind !
discoaster
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 01, 2006
fayz wrote:

for body kits i prefer TechArt over Gemballa but to each its own, the above pictures posted are TechArt.

cheers on that that matey, Gambella Ruuuuuulzzzzzzzzzzz!!! :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 01, 2006
discoaster wrote:forget about apparence mate, i am talking about engine upgrades :)

it is still in my mind !

well he's talking about appearance because there's nothing else we can talk about engine tuning, because the Cayenne is blessed with awsome power, every single pulse is a Porsche Power unlimited! The engine needs no more power! it comes standard of 500 horsepower man! You can also updrade the horsepower by 550hp! What else do you need :lol:
Porsche is simply beyond compare :wink:

and i'll say once again Fayz! Gambella rules! :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 02, 2006
can iput for porshcayaean turbo or no?
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2006
Even though I am a Porka fan through and through I would still pick a patrol or landcruiser over a cayenne to dune bash. The Cayenne is like an "idiot proof" off roader. Press some buttons and put your foot on the accelerator - where's the fun in that. Dune bashing is an art form in itself and needs some killa driving skillz.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
discoaster wrote:forget about apparence mate, i am talking about engine upgrades :)

it is still in my mind !

Agreed, brain bleeding rumble at its best.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
fayz wrote:

Ditto for the Cayenne body kit - TechArt is horn.

Performance, look no further than http://www.evolve.ae/forum/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=38
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 02, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Even though I am a Porka fan through and through I would still pick a patrol or landcruiser over a cayenne to dune bash. The Cayenne is like an "idiot proof" off roader. Press some buttons and put your foot on the accelerator - where's the fun in that. Dune bashing is an art form in itself and needs some killa driving skillz.

yeah if you're talking particularly dune bashing? i'll choose Nissan Patrol super safari, it has some chemistry with sand dunes, no worries if you drive like a monster in the desert in patrol eih :lol:

But my point was that Cayenne was luxury on and off the road, offcousre the point you said could put in this way, the Cayenne does 50 % of its work by it self! and we do 50% of the rest. But saying it ''idiot proof'' is not appropriate for this dynamic off roader.
cheers :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 03, 2006
Hmmm.

Turbo Cayennes are one of the best luxury cars in my book and make good power but they are very heavy which means they are not exactly the fastest car on the road. And in the desert - I would rather a good solid Landcruiser everytime. Too much to break on the Cayenne.

For me they are too much of a compromise on the road and off the road unless you just want a very nice car to cruise around in. But each to their own 8)
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 03, 2006
Something that everyone seems to be forgetting about the 911 with a backpack, unless they have somehow rectified the issue, is that it does not have the traction required to keep a car like that safe off-road.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stock wheel option is a 20inch wheel with low profiles. Low Profiles have shallow treads. While that may be optimal on a fast car driving on asphalt, it’s just as good as driving racing slicks off road.

I once saw a test drive from the good fellows at Top gear, in which they raced a Cayenne S over a gravel track against a sky diver in a squirrel suit; The fastest that Richard Hammond could get was 30 mph and even then was having trouble controlling the car. Though the Cayenne does have the stopping power of the 911, which is formidable, off road driving requires at least medium tread tires, on sand even more so than on gravel. That is all without getting into the suspension travel, which I am assuming is not very much since there is only about 4 inches between the circumference of the tire and the fender well thanks to those 20's.

Let’s get real for a moment and talk prices. With the Cayenne starting at AED 182,000.00 as compared to the Partol (which is generally accepted as the benchmark for off road vehicles in the UAE at AED 142,000.00) and the Landcruiser (Known as the king of the desert in Dubai and used worldwide over harsh terrain at AED 158,000.00), why would you even think of taking a car that has not been purposely designed for off-road use and costs AED 182K out there. Especially when you know that it’s been designed with the wrong wheels, tires, and suspension and that the maintenance costs will drive you to poverty faster than your children going to university.

Yes, the Cayenne is a good looking card. Yes, it is fast (0-60 in 9.1 and a top speed of 214 mph). Yes, there are a wide variety of kits and modifications that make it even better looking and faster. But no, it does not work properly off road. It’s been built as a luxury card for upper class soccer moms and ballet dads to cart their children around in style.
bear
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto