Spinoza * Descartes * Borges * Rand: Anyone?

Topic locked
Spinoza * Descartes * Borges * Rand: Anyone? Oct 22, 2003
Is there another human being with a brain in Dubai ?

I doubt it. But I wish there were. I'm tired of all the superficial fools. I want real conversations about real things. I want activism. Philosophy. Art. Protest. Jane Olivor. Joan Baez. Broadway shows. Literary criticism. Challenges. Shelves and shelves and shelves of old books. Art galleries. Tango on the pier. Subways... ah, nostalgia.

Tanguerina

Nov 02, 2003
You think a human being has a brain only if he thinks like you?
Cool
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 02, 2003
And I don't give a shit about your activism, philosophy and especially Jane Olivor and Joan Baez.
BTW who the fcuk are those guys?
Cool
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 03, 2003
Yeah baby you have found that other person in dubai who has got a brain i mean these niggas down here dont know nothing even me i wanna talk about shakespear and hmmm piccasso and van gough bout how there delecate stokes with the paint brush changes my way of life an ahhhh the naustaligia hahaha. and i want to criticise eminem for kuruptin my mind and i wanna diss u for bitchin online but im gonna miss u if dont rhyme on my line.
you know wat u sound like some fake ass indian whore who has lived in uk or usa for a couple of years as a fake ass refugee now u tryin to act like them fake mutha fuckin whites an talking all that crap. i mean whatever happend to sitting round the corner in the hood chewing on that PAN and spittin on the walls . princess please get back to reality .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 05, 2003
Hmm, Jamal. I wonder which one of us is faking! haha

Cool: No, if someone thought at all, I wouldn't mind if they disagreed with me. But cursing someone is not proof that you think; it's proof that you don't. Thinkers discuss things and argue, and they often keep their cool. People who act without thinking are the opposite.
Tanguerina

Nov 05, 2003
ohh common baby girl
you know i was just faking ofcourse i dont want to hurt an angel's feeling
i was just jokin around but if u took it seriously then i apologise if my words disturbed u
hope u accept my apologies
and if u wanna argue about some topics an thangs an talk about some books an stuff well u know im always there to argue with about them an talk with about those things
well i mean i dont know much but guess if u talk about them u can atleast teach an take my general knowledge an my point of view an opinions to a more wiser an exceptional level
hope you accept my apology for acting so ignorantly im sorry
well hope we can talk about some of the topics that intrest you

Nov 05, 2003
ohh common baby girl
you know i was just faking ofcourse i dont want to hurt an angel's feeling
i was just jokin around but if u took it seriously then i apologise if my words disturbed u
hope u accept my apologies
and if u wanna argue about some topics an thangs an talk about some books an stuff well u know im always there to argue with about them an talk with about those things
well i mean i dont know much but guess if u talk about them u can atleast teach an take my general knowledge an my point of view an opinions to a more wiser an exceptional level
hope you accept my apology for acting so ignorantly im sorry
well hope we can talk about some of the topics that intrest you
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 20, 2003
lol.. still waiting for the answer to

cool: BTW who the f&%K are those guys?

and a lil suggestion for jamal... please dont get racist .... im sure wherever you come from, will be having weirder dickheads than a few fake ass indian whores who have lived in uk or usa for a couple of years...
Buddha

Dec 20, 2003
aint no racial slurs going on man
haha sorry if i insulted ur women

well bout where i come from i dont know if there are wierder dickheads but you should cause u living in it

anyway ill take u up on ur suggestions sayin as that u a the all enlightening buddha

tell me is u bulletproof too
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

nice point! Dec 21, 2003
hey i believe a point was brought up that should be considered true!
the society in dubai focuses more on work and consumerism far more than creativity, productivity, self expression and art, but hey ....! .... whenever there's a will there's a way..... so let's see if there'r any good ideas of how to bring lots of *thinking* ppl all together and do something productive ...... whenever there's a will there's a way .... i don't have much ideas yet .... but let's try brainstorming ..... maybe we ca comeup with suggestions......
we need to :
1. most importantly create a society or maybe create a medium that attracts such a society then wait for them to come
2. we need to find activities that suit such an environment
3. ummmmmm we need more ideas ...... definitely!

maybe we could start with little things....... music, books ...... we could gather up groups with similar interests in music for starters and do sort of a jam in some studio (if u got any for rent) maybe rap, rock, reggae ..... whichever
then maybe we can offer books for exchange amongst each other and comment on them and review them
..... there are soooooooo many possibilities so someone give me a hand here .....
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 27, 2003

Hi Tanguerina,
If I remember, you were the one who once mooted the idea of a Tango group, isnt that right. You clean forgot about that, didnt you!
Anyways, not much into the kinda music that Joan Baez and Jane Olivor play (though there were a couple of nice numbers in Play me Backwards). I know Dubai has a one stop agenda, to make money. Will need a few more years to mature.
What kinda philosophy you into. I would love to know what books you read, I being a voracious reader myself.
Get in touch, we could atleast exchange views on email, if nothing else :D
Jay
Jeff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 28, 2004
Descartes is a footnote in the history of philosophy, come talk to me and I'll educate you in the thought of Kant and Plato, universal philosophy for all time.
Boxer22

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat