Your Caption Is Kindly Required

Topic locked
Your caption is kindly required Jul 25, 2006
This is in Iraq...

Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 25, 2006
Intimacy, no offense but I find things like this dangerous as you don't know what the context of the image is as it's cropped very tightly.

For all you know the little girl could be sneezing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 25, 2006
It's just the way the picture was taken... It doesn't make it right but the guy is clearly not pointing the gun at the kid... :roll:

EDIT : Damn u beat me to it Chocs!! :lol:

EDIT 2 : oooooh, 3 more posts until the end of days! Armageddon!! :twisted:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 25, 2006
He's not actually pointing it at anyone. This is a relaxed posture. I'd be more concered about the bulge in his left pocket :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:He's not actually pointing it at anyone. This is a relaxed posture. I'd be more concered about the bulge in his left pocket :wink:

naughty, naughty! :twisted:
Nick81

Jul 25, 2006
Ok, I have a caption: Is that a grenade in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2006
ehehehe, Iwasn't going to lower myself to that X, but thanks :wink:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 25, 2006
Someone's gotta take it for the team :wink:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:He's not actually pointing it at anyone. This is a relaxed posture. I'd be more concered about the bulge in his left pocket :wink:

He's not pointing it at her and also his finger is clearly not on the trigger.
No comment on the bulge.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 25, 2006
i think if i saw NOW a man with such a HUGE gun i will be afraid and close my eyes so how about a little girl?>???? i dont think its the right time to make fun of an afraid girl infront of her an invader who might rape her tomorrow ... :evil: :evil: i am not laughing to ur jokes i am worried about the baby who her bad luck and fate put her face to face with war and terror :cry: :cry: :cry:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 25, 2006
Corcovado wrote:i think if i saw NOW a man with such a HUGE gun i will be afraid and close my eyes so how about a little girl?>???? i dont think its the right time to make fun of an afraid girl infront of her an invader who might rape her tomorrow ... :evil: :evil: i am not laughing to ur jokes i am worried about the baby who her bad luck and fate put her face to face with war and terror :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, if I was a little girl I'd be frightened too to see guns and war. I pity all the children in war torn regions around the world. Too bad Intimacy never posts pictures of the children in Somalia, or Darfur etc. Then again, there are no American soldiers to vent hatred against in those kinds of pictures. (I'm a smart cookie, aren't I?)

About the raping - don't you remember that once the coalition invaded Iraq and citizens started looting, some men also raped women? The local men raped women because they knew that they could get away with it. If Saddam was still in power that little girl could also have been kidnapped from the streets by one of Saddam's relatives to be raped, as young women were in Iraq by Saddam and his sons. So, before you want to get dramatic about rape you should get some perspective and realise that any man can take it upon himself to rape if there is opportunity. He doesn't need to come from any particular part of the world.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 25, 2006
It's funny you mentioned Somalia K.

Some people actually have no idea what's been going on over there for the past few years. I suggest everyone who's not aware of this, find some info about this online...
Nick81

Jul 25, 2006
With Such responses.... i am speachless
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2006
Intimacy, you are a sweet and smart guy, but people can see through these shameless attempts to continue to stir up anti-US sentiment. There are children all over the world suffering in war torn areas and you only seem to care about the Iraqi ones and most likely because you want to give people more reason to hate the US/coaltion forces in Iraq. There are also little children cowering like that in their homes if they have abusive parents. You don't need a gun to terrorise a child, and you don't need to be American either.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 26, 2006
KaNELLI lets think... there is war in Iraq and killing and the reason is US.. there is war in Afghanestan and the reason is US.. there is war in palestine and the reason is Israel blessed by US ..and the same in lebanon... US and ISRAEl are causing war in the world ..when they are invading countries and killing people.. How come u dont see Canada or italy or france invading another country? why its only US and its baby ISRAEL.?... Kaneli US sent Israel some missles that can destroy even more and they even said it on the news we dont wat this war to stop now :evil: :evil: :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 26, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Someone's gotta take it for the team :wink:

Take it where for the team :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 26, 2006
In seriousness, what is sad is most of us that saw this picture weren’t even phased by it. That is saying something about the sad state of the world. Guns and children should never be in such close proximity, pointed at them or not, whether in Somalia or Iraq or anywhere else and of any nationality.... end of rant.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 26, 2006
And how does anyone know that the guy isn't there to PROTECT the girl and her child friends? For all you guys know she could have been covering her eyes and playing pook-a-boo.

The girls body language is also a relaxed pose, her legs are outstretched, not pulled upto the body in a frightened pose.

Look beyond the obvious to the signs underneath, when you've worked in the media as long as I have you learn to read the signs there. Pictures can be taken in various different ways, you have to look at the evidence within the image and they way it's been edit and portrayed - remember the beginning of the Da Vinci Code with the pictures on the screen? Same same.

All is never as it seems when you're dealing with images like this, the picture is innocent enough.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2006
Corcovado wrote:How come u dont see Canada or italy or france invading another country?

Canada or France invade??? That you can put on the humor website. Because you can beat both of their armies together with a plastic spoon.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2006
mraph33 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:How come u dont see Canada or italy or france invading another country?

Canada or France invade??? That you can put on the humor website. Because you can beat both of their armies together with a plastic spoon.

lol West Edmonton mall has more submarines then the entire Canadian military. What scares me is that one day Mr. Bush will look at a map and realize where Canada is and then learn that it is only second to Saudi for oil.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 26, 2006
Corcovado wrote:KaNELLI lets think... there is war in Iraq and killing and the reason is US.. there is war in Afghanestan and the reason is US.. there is war in palestine and the reason is Israel blessed by US ..and the same in lebanon... US and ISRAEl are causing war in the world ..when they are invading countries and killing people.. How come u dont see Canada or italy or france invading another country? why its only US and its baby ISRAEL.?... Kaneli US sent Israel some missles that can destroy even more and they even said it on the news we dont wat this war to stop now :evil: :evil: :evil:

The US wouldn't have gone to Iraq if it wasn't for Sadaam. And Afghanistan? Remember the Trade Center?
There are fogotten wars going on in Sierra Leone, Somalia, Rwanda, Senegal.......
So lets make the US/Israel the root of all world evil.
I understand that you are interested ONLY in what is going on in your country. Which I guess is understandable since it is currently at war. But there are a lot of places much bloodier than Lebanon.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:Intimacy, you are a sweet and smart guy, but people can see through these shameless attempts to continue to stir up anti-US sentiment. There are children all over the world suffering in war torn areas and you only seem to care about the Iraqi ones and most likely because you want to give people more reason to hate the US/coaltion forces in Iraq. There are also little children cowering like that in their homes if they have abusive parents. You don't need a gun to terrorise a child, and you don't need to be American either.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Corcovado wrote:i think if i saw NOW a man with such a HUGE gun i will be afraid and close my eyes so how about a little girl?>???? i dont think its the right time to make fun of an afraid girl infront of her an invader who might rape her tomorrow ... :evil: :evil: i am not laughing to ur jokes i am worried about the baby who her bad luck and fate put her face to face with war and terror :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, if I was a little girl I'd be frightened too to see guns and war. I pity all the children in war torn regions around the world. Too bad Intimacy never posts pictures of the children in Somalia, or Darfur etc. Then again, there are no American soldiers to vent hatred against in those kinds of pictures. (I'm a smart cookie, aren't I?)

About the raping - don't you remember that once the coalition invaded Iraq and citizens started looting, some men also raped women? The local men raped women because they knew that they could get away with it. If Saddam was still in power that little girl could also have been kidnapped from the streets by one of Saddam's relatives to be raped, as young women were in Iraq by Saddam and his sons. So, before you want to get dramatic about rape you should get some perspective and realise that any man can take it upon himself to rape if there is opportunity. He doesn't need to come from any particular part of the world.

Sometimes I wish that some people who are so luke-warm about their beliefs would just say what they REALLY mean! Something like: "We support the US and Israel no matter what and we don't really care about the war crimes that they commit as long as they meet their objective. We do care however about the war crimes committed by Arab regimes, now those DO count".

Just say that! I mean might as well. No one buys the lukewarm beliefs, sorry but c'mon, we're not that naive. Hey, don't let the fact that you're in an Arab country stop you from preaching what you REALLY believe in. If you support what Israel is doing, just be brave and say it. No need to beat around the Bush. :wink:
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2006
Freza, There's really no need for that. Kanelli is absolutely right! And there's certainly nothing wrong with the image, which is obvious to those of us who don't go deliberately looking for evidence of bad things where there is none, which is why I said it was dangerous post in the first place.

The only sad thing about the entire picture, is that the soldier is actually in it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Freza, There's really no need for that. Kanelli is absolutely right! And there's certainly nothing wrong with the image, which is obvious to those of us who don't go deliberately looking for evidence of bad things where there is none, which is why I said it was dangerous post in the first place.

The only sad thing about the entire picture, is that the soldier is actually in it!

There you go Choco, say state what you believe: " Kanelli is absolutely right! "

Absolutely. Right.

Occupation is not wrong never, sorry, my bad. We're taking things out of context, we're looking at a random picture of an occupation soldier and we're daring to be distrubed by it! So bad. What a silly thing Intimacy did, how dare he!
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2006
I didn't make myself very clear in the reply and you obviously only read what you wanted to see and not what was there.

I meant Kanelli was right in the fact that it's sad people have to highlight what is going on and try and get bad reactions to an innocent photograph, when there is nothing horrible about it.

And what I said about the only sad thing about the photo is that the soldier is actually in it, means that obviously I'm against the occupation of Iraq, because if they occupying forces weren't there, then obviously there would be no soldier there to photograph.

Also I think the majority of people here know that Israels reaction is wrong and what is happening in Lebanon is wrong, no-one is denying that fact.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I didn't make myself very clear in the reply and you obviously only read what you wanted to see and not what was there.

I meant Kanelli was right in the fact that it's sad people have to highlight what is going on and try and get bad reactions to an innocent photograph, when there is nothing horrible about it.

And what I said about the only sad thing about the photo is that the soldier is actually in it, means that obviously I'm against the occupation of Iraq, because if they occupying forces weren't there, then obviously there would be no soldier there to photograph.

Also I think the majority of people here know that Israels reaction is wrong and what is happening in Lebanon is wrong, no-one is denying that fact.

um, say what?? :scratch: :?:

Sorry but you sound quite contradictory to previous statements you've made and to be honest you don't make much sense. I stand by what I say: Lukewarm. Say what you really mean and it'll be more effective, and there will be no need to confuse YOURSELF either.
freza
Dubai chat master

Jul 26, 2006
I always say exactly what I mean, I'm well known for it.

Too bad you only see the negative in peoples post and not the positive. Not my problem if you fail to understand what is clearly a black and white statement and not a grey area.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 26, 2006
why are u all in denial ??? why u want to find excuses for war??this man should not be in her country with his big gun ... Israel should not be in palestine and lebanon... who died and made them GOD??? stop hiding behind ur fingers and open up ur eyes ... there is evil in the world and its US And Israel
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 26, 2006
Corcovado, that's what I just said!

Soldier in picture = occupation = wrong

Freza - get it now?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums