Do You Believe In Allah?

Topic locked
Do You Believe In Allah? Jun 10, 2009
http://www.allah.org/

The Key (Al-Fatiha)

[1:1] In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[1:2] Praise be to Allah, Lord of the universe.

[1:3] Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment.

[1:5] You alone we worship; You alone we ask for help.

[1:6] Guide us in the right path:

[1:7] the path of those whom You blessed; not of those who have deserved wrath, nor of the strayers.

If you do not believe in Allah then
Please Save Your Soul, it's a deposit for the life after death

bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 10, 2009
Jog on! This has been asked time and time again, it's a personal choice, stop preaching at people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2009
Although I'm a muslim it disturbs me soooo much when somebody says "Allah" while speaking in English. You can use "Allah" in Arabic; when you speak English you must say "God".
GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 11, 2009
In Arabic, Muslims, Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians all pray to Allah. In English, however, Christians and Jews pray to God, and Allah is the Muslim deity. No one would think of using the word "Allah" to talk about any other religion. The two words, "God" and "Allah," do not mean the same thing in English. They should. :!:

Plus I used "Allah" to let you pronounce the power of the word which is the most powerful word could a man say ever.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Jog on! This has been asked time and time again, it's a personal choice, stop preaching at people.

Welcome to the topic Miss. Black heart.
Enjoy.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 11, 2009
It means the same thing, don't split hairs now.

If you 'require' something to belive in, then that's your choice. But don't push your opinions on others who choose not to.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 11, 2009
I pray to the green speakers while smearing slabs of dripping bacon all over my bare chest. 5 times a day.
smokedawg
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 11, 2009
GEM wrote:Although I'm a muslim it disturbs me soooo much when somebody says "Allah" while speaking in English. You can use "Allah" in Arabic; when you speak English you must say "God".

Well I am a muslim convert, don't speak arabic, but certainly refer to my higher power as "Allah".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 11, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Well I am a muslim convert, don't speak arabic, but certainly refer to my higher power as "Allah".

God = Dios = Бог = الله = אלוהים = ...etc
There's no difference.

My advice is to keep your ethnical background and use your mother tongue while communicating with "higher power". This 'allah' is just a word in Arabic which doesn't have a meaning in English while God does (I assume that English is your 1st language, hope I'm not wrong :roll: ).
GEM
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 13, 2009
GEM wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Well I am a muslim convert, don't speak arabic, but certainly refer to my higher power as "Allah".

God = Dios = Бог = الله = אלוהים = ...etc
There's no difference.

My advice is to keep your ethnical background and use your mother tongue while communicating with "higher power". This 'allah' is just a word in Arabic which doesn't have a meaning in English while God does (I assume that English is your 1st language, hope I'm not wrong :roll: ).

the quran is written in arabic.
are we supposed to 4get all about the quran because it doesnt have a meaning in english?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2009
No.
It is fine to understand the meaning by the translation.
even you do not understand Arabic. Enjoy listening to Quran. it relaxes your mind.
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 20, 2009
IN THIS ENLIGHTENED AGE PEOPLE NOW HAVE LOTS OF DOUBT BUT STILL MASSES BELIEVE IN A SUPERNATURAL POWER MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THEIR CHILDHOOD UPBRINGING AND ACCORDING TO THEIR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION. THAT'S WHY WE SEE MOST OF THE PEOPLE DONT FALLOW DIRECTIVES GIVEN BY RELIGION OR RESTRICTIONS , BUT STILL THEY PREACH RELIGION.
IF GOD'S EXISTENCE IS NOT YET PROVEN BY LOGIC BUT THEN ITS NOT BEEN DISAPPROVED.
TO FALLOW BLINDLY ONCE FAITH CUD BE VERY DANGEROUS SAME TIME THERE CUD BE BAD RESULT FOR THIS PREMATURE SOCITY IF IT IGNORE THE IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION .
rocky1
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 21, 2009
Which God do you refer to when you use the terms, God or Allah?

That's the intellectual question.

The God of Islam and the God of Christianity are different. One says to love your neighbor and the other doesn't.
keyquest
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 22, 2009
Allah is one of the 99 names attributed to Him in the arabic language and Islamic faith. In english, Allah is commonly referred to as God. While it is preferred to refer to Him as Allah since the Quran is written in Arabic and prayers are to be carried out in arabic, I really don't see what the big deal is if someone were to refer to Him as God...It's what that individual believes that matters most and his intentions in using that term.

As Chocs has said, everyone is free to believe in what they want and no one has the right to force upon others their own thoughts/beliefs/practices. Bonbon, as a Muslim you should know this without me having to tell you since we are not even allowed to force other Muslims into practicing the way we personally may do - we are taught that we have no right to judge others for their beliefs and cannot condemn them since we are imperfect beings and only Allah is all knowing and most importantly all merciful. So your final statement in the OP along with your response to Chocs was more damaging than good.

Bonbon I think you need to read this

Keyquest, you raise a good question but I fail to see your point that you are trying to make since both Christianity and Islam essentially preach the same core principles:

Islam

Qur'an 2:53
And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (between right and wrong): There was a
chance for you to be guided aright.
Qur'an 7:145
And We ordained laws for him [Moses] in the tablets in all matters, both commanding and explaining all things, (and said): "Take and hold these with firmness, and enjoin thy people to hold fast by the best in the precepts . . .

Christianity

Exodus 24:12 The Lord said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone, with the law and commands I have written for their instruction."
Deuteronomy 4:13 He declared to you His covenant, the Ten Commandments, which He commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.

----------------------------------------------

Islam

Qur'an 17:23
Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him . . .
Qur'an 2:163; 2:255; 3:2; 3:6; 3:18; 3:62; 4:87; 5:73; 6:102; 6:106; 7:59; 7:65; 7:73; 7:85; 7:158; 9:31; 9:129; 10;90; 11:14; 11:40; 11:61; 11:84; 13:30; 16:02; 18:110; 20:8: 20:14; 20:98; 21:25; 21:87; 23:23; 23:32; 23:116; 27:26; 28:38; 28:70; 28:88; 35:3; 37:035; 38:65; 39:6; 40:3; 40:62; 40:65; 44:8; 47:19; 64:13; 73:9
La illa ha illa Allah [there is none worthy of worship but God]

Christianity

Exodus 20:3
You shall have no other gods before Me

--------------------------------------------

Islam

Qur'an 22:12
They call on such deities, besides Allah, as can neither hurt nor profit them: that is straying far indeed (from the Way)!
Qur'an 22 [Athar Husain translation condensed version ]
Avoid filthy rites associated with idols and also false invocations, remaining firm in faith towards God, without associating anyone with Him. And whosoever associates aught with God, it is as if he has fallen from on high and the birds snatch him away or the wind blows him to a distant place.

Christianity

Exodus 20:4
You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.

-------------------------------------------

Islam

Qur'an 7:180
And Allah's are the best names, therefore call on Him thereby, and leave alone those who violate the sanctity of His names; they shall be requited for what they did

Christianity

Exodus 20:7
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, [i.e. in an irreverent or disrespectful manner] for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

Islam

Qur'an 16:124
The Sabbath was only made (strict) for those who disagreed (as to its observance); But Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgement, as to their differences.
Qur'an 4:154
And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) We said: "Enter the gate with humility"; and (once again) We commanded them: "Transgress not in the matter of the Sabbath." And We took from them a solemn covenant.

Christianity

Exodus 20:8-11
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Islam

Qur'an 17:23
Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

Christianity

Exodus 20:12
Honour your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the Lord your God gave you.

Islam

Qur'an 17:33
Nor take life which Allah has made sacred . . .

Christianity

Exodus 20:13
You shall not kill

Islam

Qur'an 17:32
Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).

Christianity

Exodus 20:14
You shall not commit Adultery

---------------------------------------------

Islam

Qur'an 60:12
O Prophet! When believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee, that they will not associate in worship any other thing whatever with Allah, that they will not steal, that they will not commit adultery (or fornication), that they will not kill their children, that they will not utter slander, intentionally forging falsehood, and that they will not disobey thee in any just matter; then do thou receive their fealty, and pray to Allah for the forgiveness (of their sins): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
[Note: This applies to men as well as women.
The Qur'an ordains severe punishment for theft 5:41,42]
Qur'an 2:188
And do not eat up unjustly the property of each other among yourselves nor convey their cases to the authorities for devouring unlawfully some portion of the property of the people knowingly.
[Commentary by Mufti Shah Ahmad Raza Khan -- this prohibition covers the acquisition of property by all unlawful means, such as theft, robbery, gambling, bribery, backbiting, giving false evidence, and all such other means as bringing a false claim against another or wrongfully influencing authorities to obtain unlawful benefits as a consequence]

Christianity

Exodus 20:15
You shall not steal.

Islam

Qur'an 2:42
And cover not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is).

Christianity

Exodus 20:16
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.

Islam

Qur'an 4:32
And in no wise covet those things in which Allah Hath bestowed His gifts more freely on some of you than on others . . .

Christianity

Exodus 20:17
You shall not covet your neighbour's house; you shall not covet your neighbour's wife or his male servant or
his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 04, 2009
So is slavery allowed?
Scars
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 08, 2009
keyquest wrote:Which God do you refer to when you use the terms, God or Allah?

That's the intellectual question.

The God of Islam and the God of Christianity are different. One says to love your neighbor and the other doesn't.

Care to expand on who says what are your sources ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums