Wife Beating In Islam

Topic locked
Wife Beating in Islam Jul 02, 2008
The story below is a classic example of on how wife beating is not only accepted but encouraged in this country. Its really sickening and there are multiple things that are wrong with this picture.

1. The asshole who claimed its his right to beat up his wife. What a coward!!!

2. 3000 D fine, give me a freaking break. Its not even a slap on the wrist for a local Emirati. What kind of message does it send to other wife beaters?

3. Law enforcement and judicial system toally failed to protect the poor woman. Asshole should've been charged with assault and maybe with an attempted murder (depending on the severity of her injuries).

4. The poor woman can't even get rid of hime because she can't divorce him. Lets say for the sake of argument she does divorce him through the court there is no place for her in this society. This country has no social structure to suppport such women.

Man fined for wife beating
By Salah Al Deberkey (Our staff reporter)

2 July 2008 Print E-mail
FUJAIRAH -Fujairah Court of Appeal yesterday upheld the ruling of the Court of First Instance, confirming a fine of Dh3,000 to a UAE national found guilty of habitually assaulting his wife and injuring her. The woman of Arab nationality had filed a complaint with the Fujairah Police, accusing her husband, B.A.A, of physically assaulting her.

She was admitted to the hospital by the police and her medical report showed she had suffered injuries. The police arrested the husband and referred the case to the Public Prosecution, where he admitted to regularly beating up his wife.

The man appealed the verdict at the Court of Appeal, claiming it was his right to beat his wife.

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 02, 2008
Don't lay the blame on Islam, it's not the only religion that is inherently mysoginistic.

Christianity has a fairly poor view of women too. I mean, remember that it's Eve's fault we're not all kicking back, butt naked in the Garden of Eden right now (anyone for frisbee?).

And trust me, England has it's share of wife-beaters too. I think these guys should be named and shamed. I mean how cowardly can you be?!
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 02, 2008
Can I beat the sh*t out of that guy, to see how he likes it?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 02, 2008
You can never condone such things, but you must remember we are visitors in there country and culture and for hundreds of years they have lived this way, things can not change over night but eventually they will in the end,,.....
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Wife Beating in Islam Jul 03, 2008
K-Dog wrote:The story below is a classic example of on how wife beating is not only accepted but encouraged in this country. Its really sickening and there are multiple things that are wrong with this picture.

1. The asshole who claimed its his right to beat up his wife. What a coward!!!

2. 3000 D fine, give me a loving break. Its not even a slap on the wrist for a local Emirati. What kind of message does it send to other wife beaters?

3. Law enforcement and judicial system toally failed to protect the poor woman. Asshole should've been charged with assault and maybe with an attempted murder (depending on the severity of her injuries).

4. The poor woman can't even get rid of hime because she can't divorce him. Lets say for the sake of argument she does divorce him through the court there is no place for her in this society. This country has no social structure to suppport such women.

Man fined for wife beating
By Salah Al Deberkey (Our staff reporter)

2 July 2008 Print E-mail
FUJAIRAH -Fujairah Court of Appeal yesterday upheld the ruling of the Court of First Instance, confirming a fine of Dh3,000 to a UAE national found guilty of habitually assaulting his wife and injuring her. The woman of Arab nationality had filed a complaint with the Fujairah Police, accusing her husband, B.A.A, of physically assaulting her.

She was admitted to the hospital by the police and her medical report showed she had suffered injuries. The police arrested the husband and referred the case to the Public Prosecution, where he admitted to regularly beating up his wife.

The man appealed the verdict at the Court of Appeal, claiming it was his right to beat his wife.

That is one case in UAE in the news, and you are drawing conclusions about the whole society, I can give u thousand of cases in the western world & the rest of the world who claim human rights & Equality of men & women

Wife beating is encouraged in this country, this is not part of our religion & our culture, Women are highly respected because they are half of the society, Any women beaten in this country can go & make medical report then report it to the poilce & the man will be thrown in gail immeditetly, Also, she can ask for divorce & the judge can divorce her, we are living in a civilzed place with roots of religon & culture that goes for thousand of years, So keep your comment for yourself
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2008
Why should he keep his comment to himself? That's putting your head in the sand and ignoring the situation and hoping it will go away.

Sure there are incidents of violence against women and men in other countries, we all know that. However, women are not viewed as 'property' for the husband to do with as he chooses.

Good for you if you have a high view of and treat women well, but sadly that's very often not the case, I seem to remember a couple of years ago even the chief of police saying he beat his wife! What kind of example does that set? Also will you ignore the fact that there is a womens shelter, where many have taken refuge to escape their abusive husbands and have no place to go because their families now consider them to have brought 'shame' on them, and want nothing to do with them?!

It's an issue that should be highlighted and talked about.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Why should he keep his comment to himself? That's putting your head in the sand and ignoring the situation and hoping it will go away.

Sure there are incidents of violence against women and men in other countries, we all know that. However, women are not viewed as 'property' for the husband to do with as he chooses.

Good for you if you have a high view of and treat women well, but sadly that's very often not the case, I seem to remember a couple of years ago even the chief of police saying he beat his wife! What kind of example does that set? Also will you ignore the fact that there is a womens shelter, where many have taken refuge to escape their abusive husbands and have no place to go because their families now consider them to have brought 'shame' on them, and want nothing to do with them?!

'Property for the husband', never heared of this, chief of police saying he beat his wife, womens shelter to escape their abusive husbands ???, No way this can be in UAE, Please leave us alone, we are very Happy with our women, Take care of your women in the UK, who post thier cheap meat next to Public phones, Stop them from having S*x with dogs since you guys seems not satisfying them, Stop sending them to your soldiers out of the UK, so 10 men can enjoy 1 women, Is not that Abuse
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2008
W & C wrote:You can never condone such things, but you must remember we are visitors in there country and culture and for hundreds of years they have lived this way, things can not change over night but eventually they will in the end,,.....

so here is a nother case..
'....A 73-year-old Austrian today confessed to imprisoning, beating and sexually abusing his daughter in a windowless cellar for 24 years, during which time he fathered her seven children...'

if i am in a visit to austria and that was in the news ...would i say that eventually the austrians will stop sexual abusing their doughters???

always ...think a agin :wink:
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

Jul 05, 2008
Chocoholic, uaebadoo
And what about supplying woman after divorce by his exhusband?
And as we can see woman is the most protected part of society in UAE.
Navigator
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2008
uaebadoo wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Why should he keep his comment to himself? That's putting your head in the sand and ignoring the situation and hoping it will go away.

'Property for the husband', never heared of this, chief of police saying he beat his wife, womens shelter to escape their abusive husbands ???, No way this can be in UAE, Please leave us alone, we are very Happy with our women, Take care of your women in the UK, who post thier cheap meat next to Public phones, Stop them from having S*x with dogs since you guys seems not satisfying them, Stop sending them to your soldiers out of the UK, so 10 men can enjoy 1 women, Is not that Abuse

YES WAY in the UAE!!!! There is a women's shelter at a private location! It has been in the papers many many times! Clearly you choose not to read about these things. I find it ridiculous that most of you guys don't even know what's happening in your own country, let alone anywhere else!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 06, 2008
Well it clearly shows how ignorant or stupid you are as like all other stupid’s you have associated violence with Islam. There are so many instances in the western world where women are treated like an object or commodity. People sleeping with their daughters and abusing their women, what do you call those people? Why don’t you then refer it to as brutalism in Christianity? If you look the history of the western world, it was full of such incidents. Your society is more brutal and cruel towards women then these people. My intensions are not to hurt anyone culture or society but to remind those arrogant and stupid fools that its easier to criticize other society before knowing what have they done to themselves.
minzee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2008
What do you call it when you go to other countries and kill women and children and rape them? Don’t you then realize this violence? Do not interfere with our culture which is know is supreme. It’s because of you westerners this society is corrupted in lot ways. You are here as a visitor so be one.
minzee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 06, 2008
Minzee, get down off your high horse would you!!! I never assiciated Islam with violence against, women, I was appalled at the other guy totally ignoring the fact that these things DO HAPPEN HERE!!

What about honour killings, which have happened in the UK by the way and are totally appalling.

We might be visitors here, but clearly we know more about what's going on than you do!

I have been a victim of violence in a relationship myself, so know exaclty what it's like and what I'm talking about, and you guys should be ashamed at ignoring the fact that these things do happen here. And it's not a religious thing, it's a cultural thing.

Get over youself you ignorant pratt!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 08, 2008
Ladies and gentlemen ,
Clearly it's against all religious and cultural ethics to beat a hopeless creature , a soft harmful woman in this case and if it's in my hand I would hang the guy, but please guys do not relate this to our culture or Islam.
I don't want to go on and on about what or how much Islam is protective to women , it is an endless list.

Now unlike some of you who gives their opinion with out knowledge and it is common in this forum bcz of it's educated modern members I like my words to be based on facts and members so I enquired from one of my friends who works at a court and he said that the law is always in favor with women however they leave a space for something you guys don't practice called forgiveness and they have a Marge Council for that who gets them together and try to work out the issues between them, now in case the women (victim) see it important to for her husband to get the full punishment then he will face up to 6 months to one year in jail time, but again it has to be based on the beating , is it just a slap or a heavy beating witch a doctor write a report of.

To Chocoholic
You said you have been a victim of such violence ( I wounder why :) )

UK statistics :

At least 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence in their lifetime and between 1 in 8 and 1 in 10 women experience it annually. Less than half of all incidents are reported to the police, but they still receive one domestic violence call every minute in the UK.

•In 30% of domestic violence incidents reported to the police, no action is taken.
•In a further 38% of cases, they give a warning, only.
•On average, 26% of reported incidents results in arrest - and just over a quarter of these lead to a charge (7% of all reported incidents.)
•Perpetrators are often charged with crimes that are less serious than the original offence.
•4% of reported incidents results in a conviction.
•Bindovers and fines are the most common sentences for perpetrators of domestic violence - and only one in 200 offenders receives a custodial sentence. (0.5% of recorded incidents).

no one can top this :)

you and your country system are a joke .
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

YES WAY in the UAE!!!! There is a women's shelter at a private location! It has been in the papers many many times! Clearly you choose not to read about these things. I find it ridiculous that most of you guys don't even know what's happening in your own country, let alone anywhere else!

dear chocoholic,
would you please locate one those women's shelter at a private location.. tell us just for ones chocoholic only ones where do you come up with this news.. let your words be with Validation for ones, Show us a prove of your conclusions for ones , let your sentences be with sense for ones, we all can type whatever pop up in our minds, don't we ?
Your posts are getting ridicules one post after another ! help your self dear because your writings reflect on who you are and what you stand for.
And the way I see it is that you stand on nothing but manipulating the others in this forum and sadly follow you blindly like sheep's if you don't mind saying that.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

http://www.gulfnews.com/Nation/Police_a ... 00703.html

You clearly need to use medical glasses , I guess you are too old to read properly , the case you are talking about is a hall different issue .
Like I said before don't be ignorant and enlighten your mind and thinking by reading.

And don't use we, it is just you with numbness in your brain.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2008
Pfff loser!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 08, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Pfff loser!

Dear,
Calling me names does not solve the matter or a civilized way of a discussion ( practice what you preach ) unless you got nothing to say or maybe got embarrassed that I proved your lies around the forum and that is my goal.
Pfff loser !! what are you 10 years old.

have a nice day
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 08, 2008
Ahahaha did you get banned or something, so you had to re-register with a new user name? Saddo!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 08, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Ahahaha did you get banned or something, so you had to re-register with a new user name? Saddo!

yes I did say that in the general forum !!

You cry clean intelligent discussions and you are not practicing it !! do you need help thinking ? or Am I right in my previous replies to your posts ?

Admit it , or you wish to live in denies of everything ?
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 09, 2008
Oh get over yourself FF, you don't even read peoples posts properly.

You're not intelligent enough to have a decent conversation with me, and I can't be bothered to lwoer myself to your ridiculous level.

So now beating women is acceptable to you?! Or is it only strong women that you can't handle so you'd try to put them in your place. I'd have you on the floor in 2 seconds flat, I guarantee you that!

You're an idiot. You can't even google the info to see that these things do exist, oh sorry I forgot, you're too lazy to do that aren't you and too dumb to even know what to search for anyway.

Crawl back under your rock FF.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Oh get over yourself FF, you don't even read peoples posts properly.

You're not intelligent enough to have a decent conversation with me, and I can't be bothered to lwoer myself to your ridiculous level.

So now beating women is acceptable to you?! Or is it only strong women that you can't handle so you'd try to put them in your place. I'd have you on the floor in 2 seconds flat, I guarantee you that!

You're an idiot. You can't even google the info to see that these things do exist, oh sorry I forgot, you're too lazy to do that aren't you and too dumb to even know what to search for anyway.

Crawl back under your rock FF.

You adopting an offensive and defensive way makes you less intelligent and me being more right beside your English writing for an English women is poor , in your first paragraph you don't wana go down to my level and the 2nd one you go back to start a conversation !! which way should I go dear ?
Nothing personal dear chocoholic.I'm just correcting your false information to the other members. And now I rest my case and I will Crawl back under my rock.

Sweet dreams honey.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 10, 2008
:roll: :roll: :roll: :pukeleft:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 10, 2008
It's not false information sweetheart! Here you go:

http://www.womenone.org/etcetera_villa.htm

Now go back and turn a blind eye to what's happening in your country, becuse you obviously don't give a damn! You go around with rose tinted glasses on thinking these things don't happen, well unfortunately they do! I could tell you facts about people here (well known) that would make your skin crawl.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 10, 2008
Hello people,

Ooops it's kinda hot here, well just dropping by, just be cool.

peace out!!! :)
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 10, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:It's not false information sweetheart! Here you go:

http://www.womenone.org/etcetera_villa.htm

Now go back and turn a blind eye to what's happening in your country, becuse you obviously don't give a damn! You go around with rose tinted glasses on thinking these things don't happen, well unfortunately they do! I could tell you facts about people here (well known) that would make your skin crawl.

here you go again chocoholic and I'm sick of it really, I'm looking at the big picture here, the topic is about a guy hitting his wife and the country is engorging it !! com'an ppl, again it is not the dark ages era we live in guys. You supported this topic and validated it with your twisted unrelated story of illegal housing of immigrants; I don't really care what made them run away, but the fact that they are an illegal immigrants makes them dangerous for this society , me and you chocoholic and the public, us, uk and Europe is facing this problem too, you see where I' going with this, women rights topic is turning into illegal immigrants supporting, you mixed things up dear.

If you have local friends who work at the immigration department ask them what is they discover in such housing which is illegal anyway, alcoholic, drugs prostitution, do you want this hose next to your dear ?

The country can't do nothing to those women whom was brought here under false promises to have a better life in UAE if the abused woman turned to such housing instead of going law enforcement or to their embassies .

Why do you trust the woman who wrote that article blindly, what makes you sure she is not lying and found a good excuse to house them ? trust me dear foreigner embassies are handling their citizen rights in this country if they get abused here , you know that.

Such housing are being busted everyday, those are organized criminals who finds a way to get into house maids are brain wash them to live in those houses to make more money than the 1000dh salary by participating in unlawful services dear.

We are all living in a clean minimized crime country bcz officials are doing their job as much as they can, and those housing regardless of what you hear chocoholic is not in the favor of anyone. I know you are not support such a thing and I'm sure it is just a misunderstand.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 13, 2008
I'm sick of YOU!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 14, 2008
I got the idea, I just hope this is the end of the discussion. :P
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Hey FireF**k. Read This Jul 21, 2008
By Alia Al Theeb, Staff Reporter
Published: July 20, 2008, 23:12

Dubai: Wife-beating was the most common crime dealt with by Dubai Police's family security department last year.

The department dealt with a total of 455 cases related to various family problems.

Lt Col Arif Baqer, director of the family security department, said the department dealt with 126 cases of wife beating.

He said the department also dealt with 113 cases of disputes among spouses, 35 swearing cases, 50 cases involving psychological and social counselling, 26 disputes between parents and children above 18 years, 18 cases of nuisance, 17 cases of disputes over child custody and 8 cases of psychological and social threats, such as threats of divorce.

The department also dealt with 8 cases of husbands not returning home, 6 cases of causing damage at home, 3 case of attempted suicide by consuming large amount of medicines and other issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lt Col Baqer said last year the department dealt with 248 cases of Emiratis, followed by 67 cases of Arab nationals, 6 cases of GCC nationals, 13 cases of Africans, 103 cases of Asians, 22 cases of Europeans, 6 cases of Americans, one case of an Australian and 4 cases of people who did not carry identification papers.

He said in the last six months of this year, the department dealt with 165 cases of Emiratis, 49 cases of Arab nationals, 12 cases of Europeans, 7 of GCC nationals, 7 of Africans, 4 of people who did not carry identification papers, 2 of Americans and one of an Australian.

"The department dealt with 17 cases of juveniles last year. In the last six months, the department dealt with 24 cases of juveniles from various nationalities," Lt Cl Baqer said.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks for that! I rest my case!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums