What's Going On In Oz? Racial Riots!

Topic locked
What's going on in Oz? Racial riots! Dec 13, 2005
What the heck is going on? This has come from todays 7 Days.

Racial violence erupted for the second straight day in Sydney last night, with cars smashed and reports of shots fired just hours after Australian Prime Minister John Howard appealed for calm.

Witnesses said "chaos" had broken out in a shopping centre at south Sydney's Cronulla beach, the scene of mob violence on Sunday, with vehicles damaged and police making arrests as gangs of men roamed the streets.

"People are standing around in shock, just watching," said a reporter for local radio station 2GB. "Every window in some cars has been smashed. Roads have been blocked (by police)."

One resident, who did not want to be named, told the Australian Associated Press that about 50 cars had swept into the area, disgorging men of Middle Eastern appearance who began trashing every car in sight with baseball bats.

Reporters said gunshots had been heard near a hotel in Cronulla, but police could not confirm reports that a person had been shot.

The hotel is located opposite North Cronulla beach, the scene of violent attacks Sunday by mobs of local whites targeting men of Middle Eastern appearance.
-------------------------------

In an earlier edition it said Sunday's mob was in retaliation for attacks on two life guards.

First France now Australia, it's crazy.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
im in the heart of it and its crazy!!!
from what i hear some aussie women sat on a lebanese woman at the beach and thats when all hell broke loose, the beach goers became divided into 2: the aussies and the lebz/muslims.
and for the next 2 nights we had a chopper in the sky coz of the riots and protesters.........
wonder if they'll be 1 tonight!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2005
shaakira wrote:im in the heart of it and its crazy!!!
from what i hear some aussie women sat on a lebanese woman at the beach and thats when all hell broke loose, the beach goers became divided into 2: the aussies and the lebz/muslims.
and for the next 2 nights we had a chopper in the sky coz of the riots and protesters.........
wonder if they'll be 1 tonight!

Shame on those racist aussies! well those maggots needed to be tranquilized then exported to London and fried alive on those huge tank fire and fed to our pets. Atleast making some use of the waste and oil. mmmmmm I guess I have to suggest this idea to Canaidian energy society!!!!!!! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
All this because of an accident? That's nuts! When I was in Oz everyone was so chilled and laid back, I can't believe it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
errr, excuse me, but who said it was an accident?
they done it on purpose!!!
and to top it all off, the dumb paramedics let their racial and religious feelingz get in the way by refusing to help the poor muslim lady :x :x :x
its not wonderful here nmore, thats why dozens r trying to get out !!!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2005
oh and sniper, i wouldnt go to such extremes if i were u lest u should be picked up by the ....................... :wink:
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2005
Answering violence with more violence doesn't make the lebs any less accountable nor apathetic.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
Shakira, please give more info, as the news reports here haven't mentioned this incident at all. They've just said it was all sparked by two life guards being assaulted.

And you're right that retaliation on boths sides is just silly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 14, 2005
well the fight and conflict between lebanese ppl in australia and aussies have been present for loong time. just needed somebody to spark and start a fight.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2005
Really you think? I think this has to be the first incidence where it's been the locals have kicked off, in France the UK etc it's been the other way around.

I must admit the thing I found odd when I was in Perth, was that you never really saw people of other nationalities in the suburbs, only when you got into the city centre. Seemed weird to me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 14, 2005
Chocco, lebs vs Viets vs Abos vs the rest have been raging for a fair while now. Just not publicized in the global arena.

In this instance it wasn't so much of kicking off but slagging contest - "bunch of telibans" & "bunch of convicts" etc. Makes for an interesting encounter.

Perth, like the rest of Oz, is pretty multi cultural. If you went to Morley and surrounding areas for example you'll find lots of Viets and a fair few Singaporeans. South Perth you have more Singaporeans and the wealthy Indos and Malaysians. Churchlands = more Indos and Malaysians. Malaga and surrounding you'll find Abos. Mt Lawley and surroundings Chinese. I think you get the drift.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2005
The media is a joke, always have to make the muslims and non westerners seem like the baddies hey!
After the aussies done the 'sitting job' and the lebz came to retaliate, the aussies moved onto whoever was dressed 'islamically'(scarf,outer garments etc)(coz most of em r under the idea that all muslims r lebz), so do u think that all these muslim men were just gonna do ntin?
no, they retaliated too and things got so out of hand that the aussies threatened to destroy our 'Lakemba Mosque', so there was extra security around and stuff.
Aussies r constantly intefering with muslims, esp lebz coz they know they have short fuses, so in the end the lebz r sitin in jail for the night.
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2005
shaakira wrote:The media is a joke, always have to make the muslims and non westerners seem like the baddies hey!
After the aussies done the 'sitting job' and the lebz came to retaliate, the aussies moved onto whoever was dressed 'islamically'(scarf,outer garments etc)(coz most of em r under the idea that all muslims r lebz), so do u think that all these muslim men were just gonna do ntin?
no, they retaliated too and things got so out of hand that the aussies threatened to destroy our 'Lakemba Mosque', so there was extra security around and stuff.
Aussies r constantly intefering with muslims, esp lebz coz they know they have short fuses, so in the end the lebz r sitin in jail for the night.

Please can U describe ur Lakemba mosque and urself? :)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2005
okay, i mean it belongz to all muslims!
Its big and its pretty like all the other mosques!
and no aussie will get their grubby paws on it :x
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2005
shaakira wrote:okay, i mean it belongz to all muslims!
Its big and its pretty like all the other mosques!
and no aussie will get their grubby paws on it :x

AHHHHH so arent u an aussie or arent there any Muslim aussies. It reminds me of some years ago when there was terrorist attack in France in which some french and local jews were killed. The foreign minister said in the press "It's sad incidence 3 french citizens have been killed....Apparently he didnt include the local French jews killed. :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 15, 2005
Frankly speaking ,HP is a curse on earth, wherever I go ,I create bad name for Muslims and immigrants. I ame kicked out from my own country and they always try to create problem for the countries, which provide me the shelter. I do nothing , just sitting at home and getting money from state . Oh yeah I do one thing and its producing kids and kids.

I think its time to prepare myself for Civilized world, the damn refugee son of a whore that I am

PS" except fayaz habibi and dodo :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 15, 2005
I MEAN MR SNIPER, NO NON MUSLIM YA3NEE YAHOOD WA NASAARAH !!!
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2005
AND YOU MR HP HAVE MADE A MISTAKE TO SAY THAT ABOUT ARABS,
IN EVERY NATION YOU GET THE GOOD AND THE BAD AND YOU MUST BE FROM THE BAD LOT OF YOUR NATION :x
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 17, 2005
Well it's a bit of a catch 22, what about the white aussies who basically drove the indigenous peoples of Australia i.e. the aborigenies to live on reserves.

And now the local aussies complain that they're being taken over.

You still didn't provide any info on the 'original' incident, and it's been reported no where in any press.

But it happens both ways, just as many muslims rebel against westerners bringing their influence into arab nations, so people of Christian or other countries will do the same if they feel their way of life is being disrupted. Whatever happened to respecting the country you're living in? Is it right to build churches/mosques and carry on ignoring what the people originally living there want?

Just a thought.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 19, 2005
unfortunately i cant show u original stories coz our media is always biased,
but the truth always has a way of coming out!
Well, that is true in a way, coz if u want to practise ur religion freely (eg islam) without any complaints, u should go to an islamic country, Ive seen many religious jews being picked on becoz of their appearance and they also reckon they should go back to their 'holy land'.
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2005
AND YOU MR HP HAVE MADE A MISTAKE TO SAY THAT ABOUT ARABS,
IN EVERY NATION YOU GET THE GOOD AND THE BAD AND YOU MUST BE FROM THE BAD LOT OF YOUR NATION :x

I am a cocksucker
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 20, 2005
Cricket is a silly game.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 20, 2005
errrr.............
who said I am arab ???
I look at things from outside the 'arab point of veiw' here,
so you could say that I am siding with what I beleive is the truth!!!
oh, and have u ever lived in oz to say that aussies r very nice ppl???
coz at the moment I live here, and I can tell u that about 60% of aussies r freindly and the balance cant wait to bury u
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Cricket is a silly game.

Dont get me started!!! :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 20, 2005
constantine wrote:

Dont get me started!!! :lol:

Hahaha Ok ok ok.

Aussie's generally are very nice and hospitable people, there's always a few bad apples in every society who tarnish the reputation. But as I've said before, you can't force people of different backgrounds to live together, inevitably some stick to their own and if certain groups are seen to be taking over then some will rebel against it if they feel that their way of life is being disrupted or forced to change. It's a sad state of affairs but a reality.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 21, 2005

I can blow myself
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 21, 2005
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
LOOK AT YOURSELF HP !
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2005
I think I am a homo:P

I said cricket is silly game because it was orignated in UK and started by the British forfather of Choco :P

Also I don't know how to spell the word FOREFATHER (see previous paragraph)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums