Is The Koran Misogynist?

Topic locked
Re: Is The Koran Misogynist? Aug 14, 2012
shafique wrote:Islam doesn't allow s.ex outside marriage

So why not challenge me to find scholars, imams and clerics who say concubinage is allowed in Islam?

shafique wrote:and the verses about God's instructions for prisoners of war are not misogynistic.

Thanks for your view, enslaving female prisoners of war and turning them into concubines is misogynistic by 21st century standards.

I think the difference here is that we're making value judgments using different standards, with you going by 7th century barbarism.

O Prophet, We have made lawful for thee thy wives whom thou hast given their wages and what thy right hand owns, spoils of war that God has given thee, and the daughters of thy uncles paternal and aunts paternal, thy uncles maternal and aunts maternal, who have emigrated with thee, and any woman believer, if she give herself to the Prophet and if the Prophet desire to take her in marriage, for thee exclusively, apart from the believers -- We know what We have imposed upon them touching their wives and what their right hands own -- that there may be no fault in thee; God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate.

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

All discussed and debated ad nauseum before. Your blogger-version of Islam is not real.

So, rather than go over verses already discussed and explained, why not tackle the real misogyny in the inserted verses of the Bible?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is the Koran misogynist? Aug 14, 2012
LoL. Like turning female "war booty" into concubines isn't misogyny.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Let me leave you with the still unanswered issues - which I'm sure you will continue to ignore. (All your 'blogger-only views on Islam' points have been answered in previous threads):

What remains interesting is that the real (rather than imaginary) misogyny of the men who inserted anti-Women verses into the Bible is not discussed by you.

But then again, it is not surprising you are confused about God's commandments in the Quran - you have a long list of Biblical confusions that you need to work on.

philosophy-dubai/biblical-confusion-t47353.html

You may now have the final word on this thread.. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is the Koran misogynist? Aug 14, 2012
I couldn't see in any post in this thread an attempt by you to address how enslaving women and making them concubines is not s.exist/misogynistic.

I suppose a religious crazy never needs to rationalize their beliefs; repeating a belief in an infinite loop is satisfactory mental stimulation.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums