'Slumdog Millionaire' Defaming Lord Rama And Hindus

Topic locked
'Slumdog Millionaire' defaming Lord Rama and Hindus Jan 26, 2009
Protest movie 'Slumdog Millionaire'

The Hollywood movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ tells the story of a young man named Jamal Malik from the slums of Mumbai who appears on a game show. The story is about how he got the answers that made him a millionaire. In this movie Lord Rama and Indian culture are shown in poor light hurting religious sentiments.

There is a question asked in the game show of the movie 'In depictions of Lord Rama’ he is famously holding what in right Hand?' Jamal a character in movie remembers riots happened in his childhood. The film shows that Hindus attacks Muslim area shouting 'They're Muslims, get them'. Jamal's mother was killed by a Hindu after she was hit by a rod on the head. Jamal and his brother Salim ran away after seeing their mother killed. While running they reach a street in which they see a child dressed like Lord Rama. Jamal watches him carefully and sees a bow in his right hand and thinking that he will be killed by the person dressed as Lord Ram, he goes by a different route. This child looks horrible. The facial expressions and the pose taken by child dressed like Lord Rama is denigrating to the religious sentiments of Hindus. This movie can create communal disharmony. So it needs to be banned.

Click here to protest:

http://www.hindujagruti.org/denigrations/protestslumdog

Please visit: http://www.hindujagruti.org
Uniting Hindus Globally

spiritualdxb
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 26, 2009
Not seen the movie. Cannot comment yet.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Hindus furious over release of movie 'Slumdog Millionare Jan 26, 2009
Seen the movie.

Nothing wrong in the film. Excellent movie.

Dont create ruckus and start unnecessary movements. You guy's sentiments are oversensitive. High time you'll grew up.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
First of all - clearly stated in the beginning of the film that it is a work of fiction. So you and your goons should get that through your thick head.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
It doesnt mean that you can defame Hindu God's, will you tolerate it ?
spiritualdxb
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 27, 2009
spiritualdxb wrote:It doesnt mean that you can defame Hindu God's, will you tolerate it ?

lol get over it. the westerners have a thing called freedom of speech. this is just a movie and freedom of speech. if u want to boycot, you can boycot Hollywood.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 27, 2009
Firstly, it is not a 'Hollywood' movie! It is a British movie!

Secondly, this is the reason many films are not shown in countries such as India, because they will believe anything they are shown and see it as fact and not fiction.

Get over it! It's a movie!

It's like the Iranians protesting over the depiction of the Persians in 300 - based on a graphic 'comic book'.

Take somethings for what it is - entertainment! Nothing more nothing less.

Oh interesting to see the Indian media bleating on about the movies success as an Indian film - WRONG! The setting and the cast might be Indian, but it's British made - ta very much! Danny Boyle is a genius!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 27, 2009
spiritualdxb wrote:It doesnt mean that you can defame Hindu God's, will you tolerate it ?

My friend - nobody - God or man was defamed. Majority of the people working in the film were Hindus. I am sure if they saw something offensive they would have objected, right? Also, knowing that there are oversensitive people and keeping in mind the target audience, the producers would not knowingly create a situation.

Its high time you changed your way of thinking. There are other bigger issues in today's world to worry about than creating situations over nothing. Look at it this way - there are troublemakers everwhere (such as the website you mentioned) who get a kick from getting people excited and jumpy over nothing. People like you react and let them succeed. I am 100% sure if you saw the film the first time without anyone influencing your mind, you have noted no issue.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 29, 2009
Dear Friend, Any common person can not comment on whether a particular Medicine should be consumed by a patient to cure specific disease, because he lacks the knowledge of medical science. Similarly most of the Hindus neither have proper and adequate knowledge about Hindu Dharma nor do they right or any spiritual practice. Thus most of the people don’t feel anything wrong with defamation of deities. Such people should start proper spiritual practice.
spiritualdxb
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 29, 2009
Not really. People have to stop being over sensitive to things.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 29, 2009
The West is hypocritical as usual.

Here in this very forum I have been 'warned' in an exclusive thread dedicated to me by Westerners because I never insulted any religion, ethnicity or so on.

I was warned because I exposed certain hypocrisies of drunken stupor filled, nauseating, filthy, homosexual, incestuous, paedophile, bestial, lewd, lascivious, drug-abusing westerners.

The persons who warned me were also westerners.

There was no 'freedom of speech' then, yet when it comes to offending others they seem to chant 'freedom of speech' ever so eagerly.

Of course it's a typically Western hypocritical deceptive ruse.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2009
And your post has what to do with the topic exactly? Nothing, as usual just an excuse to spout your hatred.

The movie is great, it states at the beginning that it is ficticious and not factual, therefore people who are uneducated and cannot tell the difference won't know any better than to take offence.

It's like the Da Vinci Code - work of fiction, yet some took offence to it. It's entertainment for goodness sake.

Do you ever see us jumping up and down and moaning and complaining about films like The Life of Brian? Complete insult to Christianity and blasphemous in every way, but it's entertainment, fiction, not meant to be taken seriously. If you learned to chill out and take things for what they are, then you might actually start to enjoy life.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 29, 2009
I moved this comment to a more appropriate thread.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums