Should Anyone Call Themselves Muslim?

Topic locked
Should anyone call themselves Muslim? Dec 04, 2012
On another forum, I started a thread regarding Ahmadi belief pertaining whether or not Ahmadis (whom I called Muslim) believe Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was the final prophet/messenger of Allah.

The thread unfortunately quickly descended in arguments that Ahmadis are not Muslim and shouldn't call themselves as such.

This is an example of the thrust of the majority of posts in the thread:

Whatever the case, they are not allowed to call themselves Muslims whilst holding their beliefs. This is not up for negotiation.

God Almighty says in the Qur'an says that Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) is the "Seal of the Prophets" i.e. the last and final. No other Prophet will come after Him. Anyone who believes other than this is not Muslim. There is no room for any disagreement or debate in Islam about this. There is no room for any variant interpretation about this either.

Which is why the Muslims are in consensus agreement that Qadianis (people who follow Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiani the Lying False Prophet) are not Muslim. Their belief in Mirza Ghulam as a prophet is only one of the beliefs that they hold that are in complete contradiction with Islamic teachings, though obviously it is the most despicable of them.

The guidance of Muhammad is for the remainder of existence, and it has been guaranteed protection by God Almighty in the Qur'an. The efforts of the Muslims in preserving their tradition, from the Companions (may Allah be pleased with them) until today, are the means by which God Almighty fulfills this protection.

It is a core Islamic belief that Prophet Muhammad is that last and final Prophet. No new Prophet will come after him. This a clearcut issue in which there is no doubt.

Anyone who claims prophethood after Prophet Muhammad then that claimant is a liar. We do not need to investigate that persons claim because his claim of prophethood is sufficient proof that he is a liar.

Anyone who believes in a new prophet is not a Muslim as they have contradicted a core Islamic belief. It is for this reason that in Pakistan the followers of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed are legally not allowed to identify themselves as Muslims.

Also the guy died on the toilet and in his own mess, what a way to go for a Prophet ehh ?

May Allah protect us from this filth - ameen [sounds like I found DDS's account on this other forum]

Muslims who believe Mirza ghulam Qadiani to be a Prophet are not Muslims at all bro, the Prophethood ended with Muhammad S.A.W, the end. Anyone who believes else wise is not a Muslim despite calling themselves Muslims.

What do you think? Should Ahmadis be able to call themselves Muslims? What about Muslims? Should they accept Ahmadis as Muslims or continue to reject Ahmadiism as a false belief?

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Should Anyone Call Themselves Muslim? Jan 07, 2014
The face of a religion is its leader with his words and deeds. If the words of a teacher during his lifetime are so contradictory like Mirza Ghulam Ahmed's speeches how can he pretends to be the Prophet?
In his early ages he is a genuine Muslim that believes in all aspects of Islam and agrees that there can't be any other Prophet after Muhammad. Then he claims himself the disciple of the Prophet. Later he declares himself a Mahdi . Then he calls himself a reincarnation of Muhammad. At the end he says that he is reincarnation of all the Prophets.
Well who was this man? In my opinion he was a overweening person who changed Qur'an according to his personal interest.
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums