Sacrifice Wealth For God’s Mission

Topic locked
Sacrifice wealth for God’s Mission Dec 15, 2008
Sacrifice wealth for God’s Mission

Veda says that the sacrifice of wealth alone decides the final salvation (Dhanena…..). The same Veda says that salvation cannot be obtained by Dharma (Karma or action) or Kama, the sex, (The word Prajaya in the hymn denotes kama because the Praja or child is the product of kama only). The sacrifice of wealth (Artha) alone decides salvation. Therefore, the sacrifice of the fruit of the work is given top most place in Gita (Dhanayat…….).

The fruit of work is superior to work because the work may give fruit on success or may not give fruit on failure. Therefore, the fruit of work indicates the better phase of work, which is the successful work. Therefore, a householder is always tested in the sacrifice of wealth only. The Lord did not test Saktuprastha, a householder, in Vedas or songs etc., but tested in the sacrifice of wealth only.

People mistake that God is for money! How foolish this idea is! What is the necessity of wealth for God when He is the owner of everything and when everything is only just His will? But do not exploit this point to escape the sacrifice of wealth in the service because you are always very clever in not leaving any opportunity of misinterpretation for selfishness. It will be just like saying that there is no need of writing the answers in the examinations since there is no need of knowing the answer for the examiner.

A saint is also tested in the work. Since there is no possibility of wealth in the case of saint, only work is relevant in his case. Therefore, the word Karma Sanyasa denotes that work is mainly for the case of Sanyasins only. The householder has to do sacrifice of fruit of work and can also do the sacrifice of work if possible. Hanuman, the saint, is tested in the sincerity and dedication to the Lord in the work while jumping the sea and while searching for Sita. The obstacles created in jumping the sea pertain to testing His sincerity in work.

When Sita was not found even after a long search, He was prepared to commit suicide and this shows His dedication to the Lord. He was also tested in the aspiration for the fruit of work and thus in the work also the context of fruit of work is inevitable even for a saint. Hanuman did all the work without any trace of aspiration for fruit in return. He was tested at the end in this aspect.

Rama rewarded every worker and neglected Hanuman, the main worker, without giving any reward. Sita presented Him a chain of pearls. If we were in the place of Hanuman, can you imagine the situation? If I were Hanuman, I will be boiling for such insult. I have done so much work and I am insulted like this! I will take the chain of pearls from Sita and put on my neck thanking her since at least she remembered me. But Hanuman rejected it stating that He wants Rama only!

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace

dattaswami
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums