Questions For Muslims: Yes Or No

Topic locked
Re: Questions For Muslims: Yes Or No Feb 28, 2012
FD wrote:
5.) Should insulting prophet Muhammed be punishable? Yes or No?

Insulting,defamation,vilification,slander and libel are not acts of crime but acts of tort .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort

As you know there is protection of dignity in Islam. Since he is a prophet of Allah, it is inevitable that direct insult to him in person would damage the feelings of believing Muslims. So perhaps such direct insults will ensure some rights for Muslims, such as claiming damages against mental anguish pain,suffering or whatever caused.
If no end brought to these insults, by allowing such claims, than I don't know how one can sustain peace in society.
Otherwise, of course every individual has the right to criticize his message until they understand the validity of what he had delivered..

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin - I think that a society should have laws which dictate what is libelous or not, but I was answering from a purely Islamic theological perspective.

As for eh - interesting that he thinks he's a Muslim and answering the questions FD posed! ;)

It's a shame he's still imagining the blogger-only version of Islam is the 'truth'. I think he does it just to make us laugh!

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

FD wrote:
1.) Do you consider lashes for fornicators a just punishment? Yes or No?

Yes, I consider this a form of deterrent punishment, in case there is immoral chaotic situation where rape, promiscuity, unwanted pregnancies and adultery is taking place so much so that the very basic form of society "the family life" is being threatened in terms of unity, continuity, peace and happiness.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

I guess we'll have to wait to find out what the 8th chapter of the Koran is called.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Is Google not working in the Bible Belt? :)

I guess your wait is just like we're waiting to hear from you over your numerous other topics you're confused about - such as the difference between a racist mob of EDL supporters and those supposedly rioting in favour of rapists, the meaning of a word you want to know the punishment for, whether you believe in Rapture or whether the Pope is the anti-christ etc etc ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Questions for Muslims: Yes or No Feb 28, 2012
Here's an interesting hadith on war booty.

We know it's accepted in Islam because the hadith is actually used as a proof permitting birth control:

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus. So when we intended to do coitus interrupt us, we said, 'How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah's Apostle who is present among us?" We asked (him) about it and he said, 'It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul (till the Day of Resurrection) is predestined to exist, it will exist."

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:459

:!:

The moral dilemma for Muslims was coitus interruptus - not raping your captives.

That should say something about their version of ethical standards.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Instead of cutting and pasting from random blog sites, why don't you address the outstanding questions that you are avoiding.

I do actually want to know why you confused a racist mob with what you posted in the thread title - and more relevantly, all the questions about the Bible that you refuse to answer.

Bizare that you want to answer 'Questions for Muslims' rather than tackle the questions about the Bible. Why is that?

Are you ashamed of your faith?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

FD wrote:
3.) Do you consider a possible implementation of the full extent of sharia law in European countries in the future as positive? Yes or No?

Yes, the message of islam is not exclusive possession of Muslims only, it is a message to all of humanity..
You don't even have to be a muslim to be inspired by the teachings and laws of islam.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Yes, the message of islam is not exclusive possession of Muslims only, it is a message to all of humanity..
You don't even have to be a muslim to be inspired by the teachings and laws of islam.
You both are on different pages. What you are saying will confuse him more lol. Main point is, sharia is even not relevant, like any other law it there to improve the society. I'm the type of person who sees spirit more than letter of the law more important. Because if spirit is lacking then letter can be grossly misunderstood.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:in case there is immoral chaotic situation where rape, promiscuity, unwanted pregnancies and adultery is taking place so much so that the very basic form of society "the family life"

Based on these assumptions, I believe Nouman Ali Khan (who lives in the US) calls American society a hiddious society. Unwanted (teen) pregnancies and cheating can certainly be a problem. Rape is not a problem in the West only, far from it. I can argue that most rapes occur by people from an Islamic background, at least in Nordic European countries, but there are other threads for that. So, including rape is out of place here. Unwanted (teen) pregnacies are certainly an area of attention and the issue is taken very serious and is deemed unwanted by society. Societies however where rape is considered a crime of zina and not the violation of an individual human being is more problematic. Where gangraped women are punished for adultery, where teenagers get lashed because they get pregnant. But hey, that's just like my opinion man.

And that is what a lot of discussions are about. Western lifestyle gets critizised for its excesses, which are considered unwanted by the majority of society. Islamic society gets critizised for what is considered desired by that society.

For the rest, thanks to those for answering the questions.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

FD wrote:
Based on these assumptions, I believe Nouman Ali Khan (who lives in the US) calls American society a hiddious society.

Oww come on. Don't get your biases standing in the way of good judgement. Nowhere in his speech he embarks on a particular society. You shouldn't arrogate it to yourself or to any nation.. He points out direct problems arising in astray communities we are living in, so that he has reason to combat them under Islamic guidance. This is the reason why he is addressing large audiences, isn't it?

--- Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:39 pm ---

FD wrote:
Societies however where rape is considered a crime of zina and not the violation of an individual human being is more problematic. Where gangraped women are punished for adultery, where teenagers get lashed because they get pregnant. But hey, that's just like my opinion man.

Zina can be addressed both as crime and violation of individual human rights..
If you have AIDS and you go into s.exual relations knowing you will contract the disease, could only mean malice prepense cause you know that individual will die because of your sick intent..
On the other hand it is violation of individual human right. Cause everyone has the right to stay sinless, you cannot drive people to commit sin that they will be accountable for.
philosophy-dubai/will-the-wronged-ones-not-ask-for-their-rights-t43110.html

Talking to you is like talking to walls isn't it? because just on the other thread I told you that without 4 witnesses even a pregnant teenager cannot get lashed.(before and after pregnancy). Are you suffering from dementia?

--- Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm ---

Nucleus wrote:
You both are on different pages. What you are saying will confuse him more lol. Main point is, sharia is even not relevant, like any other law it there to improve the society. I'm the type of person who sees spirit more than letter of the law more important. Because if spirit is lacking then letter can be grossly misunderstood.

I agree with you, if you want to idealize it spiritual relevance just as important for full implementation of sharia to make it a success story.. However there is nothing in the way of pragmatism isn't it? where there is insufficiency of spirituality the laws will do the self checking. if implementation of one sharia based law will abolish certain corruption or crimes against humanity than there is nothing in the way of importing it. i.e. practicing capital punishment. which is common almost in all societies..
In the old days it was the work of priests who would defend such laws in the name of justice. In these days it is the duty of political parties/leaders as well as religious scholars...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums