Topic locked

Do u agree with the decision?

Yes.
20%
no.
80%

Total votes : 5

Port Deal Seal Mar 10, 2006
Well this deal publicized Dubai and gave birth to new word Dubains, Dubaites... Xenophobia and bigotry of American media and ppl was clearly shown in this deal. Pretect American freedom and o hell with the rest of the world. I guess its time for Dubai to slowly bail out US troops and companies and let Canada and Europe to make the deal. Read more here
Dubaites

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2006
There is already a thread on this topic.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 10, 2006
All the Arab states or Muslim states in the region should rethink their business and security dealing with United States. Wake up Arabs..America wants to rule you, they have no interest in being your equal in business dealing or anything else.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2006
It's now been agreed that the ports will be left under US control.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 11, 2006
"death to Americanos"
This is not funny :x
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 11, 2006
Nucleus wrote:"death to Americanos"
This is not funny :x

ahhhhhh i was joking in frustration.... :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
welll....

It just shows how ignorant and stupid these people are (not all americans)

Read the article, i read only the first few lines, and didn't bother to read what this stupid guy wrote.. yes i do insult him, he is stupid, and i can prove it.

Read the first few lines.... he thinks that "Dubians, Dubaiaties" or whatever the Fu(k are going there to check containers.....

This guy don't know what is he talking about, and i'm sure he doesn't know where is dubai other than it is in the middle east.

BYE
Enough with the Ignorant Americans.... (still hope good ones outnumber them one day)
yshimy

Mar 12, 2006
Yshimy,

You've got it all wrong. The CNN piece is totally sarcastic! Jeff Greenfield is actually poking fun at US security and asking 'why shouldn't the ports be under Dubai control'. And saying that US security is rubbish:

'Our nation, whose forces have so vigilantly sealed our borders from illegal immigrants (not counting the 3 or 5 or 10 million or so who managed to make it here);

Our nation, whose immigration and customs officials managed to keep out those dangerous agents of Osama bin Laden who intended to wreak murderous havoc on our soil (not counting the 19 who did make it; well, 1 of 20 isn't that bad);

Our nation, whose airport security system has ensured that no 84-year-old wheelchair-bound great-grandmother slips past the scrutiny of a system that makes no distinctions based on race, gender, sexual preference, disability, or no-chance-in-hell-this-one's a terrorist;

Our nation, whose existing port security system leaves upwards of 95 percent of incoming cargo unchecked, and whose ability to detect radioactive material is, to put it mildly, problematic.'

Go back and read the whole thing. It's actually very clever!

He's actually criticising the US Government for being xenophobic.

You guys have got to start understanding sarcasm and irony, he's totally taking the p*** and basically asking Americans 'What the hell is your problem?'
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 12, 2006
Well I watched a CNN report on this yesterday and it went through all the hi-tech gadgetry here in Dubai. Basically the report was stating fact but overwhelmingly said Dubai is at the forefront of security and "what's your problem?" It was impressive.

That article is so funny- the sarcasm is hysterical. :lol: :lol: Sniper, you did get it didn't you? In layman's terms that printed article and the presentation on CNN the other day said their (Dubai's) security measures pisses on ours (America's). :lol: Nice to see balanced reporting :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2006
yshimy my freind finish the rest of the article its really funny!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2006
By the way your poll is totally inappropriate, even if it is in jest. That really does show nominal intelligence. :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2006
Guess HP was right to an extent :lol:
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2006
Bullet points were witty indeed.

If anyone could read past "gazillion" and still couldn't decifer the tone of the article you're missing out on a good laugh.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
It's a cracking piece! I laughed so hard when I read it. FOr those of you that didn't get it, you have to read the whole thing. Don't just read the headline take offense and go off on one against it. The guy is supporting you!

It's classic!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 12, 2006
I can't believe any one could take offence to the headline... That's sarcasm in all its comedic glory.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2006
i have edited this poll as i have received complaints about option 3. I totally agree and therefore deleted it.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2006
hmmm but where are Sniper's freedom of speech rights? Or is it that as soon as he offends someone than he is infringing on someone else's freedoms.

Intersting to see what happens to our animated little monkey friend next.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 12, 2006
Fayz - it was offensive - period,

Death to anyone, anywhere and any creed, colour or race is highly offensive and therefore it was removed. That is not freedom of speech it is inciting racial hated.

End of
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2006
arniegang wrote: That is not freedom of speech it is inciting racial hated.

End of

Interesting... Prophet Muhamed (pbuh) with a turban bomb isn't inciting racial hatred??
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 12, 2006
someone talked about monkey here!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2006
fayz wrote:
arniegang wrote: That is not freedom of speech it is inciting racial hated.

End of

Interesting... Prophet Muhamed (pbuh) with a turban bomb isn't inciting racial hatred??

It depends on how you interpret the cartoon Fayz.

Does seeing a picture of a Muslim wearing a waist bomb on the news (like you see in many Palestinian protests) mean that news stations are trying to incite racial hatred?

Both are images involving a Muslim and a bomb. Should both be censored?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 13, 2006
i thought we were talking about port deal.. i am waiting to knwo which us company is gonan pay 6 billion dollars
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:Does seeing a picture of a Muslim wearing a waist bomb on the news (like you see in many Palestinian protests) mean that news stations are trying to incite racial hatred?

You make a very good point, both are negative and unislamic, remember Islam and terrorism don't go hand and hand, Islam is meant for peace. It is interesting though you brought up Palestine, when I was in Nablus I saw all the bombings that Israel did, destroying buildings in the middle of dense residential areas and I saw the walls that were set by other countries against the UN rulings of it being unlawful but yet no sanctions to those. Going to Jerusalem I saw pictures of the Dutch invasion into Israel but you know oddly the most prominent pictures at the museum didn't show Dutch soldiers but rather Arab appearing women looting an abandoned temple. Media is a powerful source and sadly the reality is history is written by the victors.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 13, 2006
fayz wrote:
kanelli wrote:Does seeing a picture of a Muslim wearing a waist bomb on the news (like you see in many Palestinian protests) mean that news stations are trying to incite racial hatred?

Going to Jerusalem I saw pictures of the Dutch invasion into Israel but you know oddly the most prominent pictures at the museum didn't show Dutch soldiers but rather Arab appearing women looting an abandoned temple. Media is a powerful source and sadly the reality is history is written by the victors.

Dutch invasion to isreal? mmmmmmm can u elaborate.

"Media is a powerful source and sadly the reality is history is written by the victors"
I agree to this statement as Churchill said " History shall be kind to me for I intend to write it"
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2006
Off topic, off topic, put it in the relevant post.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 15, 2006
BTW I complained-death etc is just crap and really offensive. Have your poll but keep it reasonable. :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 16, 2006
GAB wrote:BTW I complained-death etc is just crap and really offensive. Have your poll but keep it reasonable. :roll:

well "I said death to Americanos" which some Mexicanos say when they fail to get past the border. hehehe. It reminds me of joke that Jay Leno said " did u know in a poll 64% of Mexicans said they would live in America if given a chance...they rest are already here. Well I knew that article was sarcastic that;s the reason I posted here. By "bigotry of media" I meant that many top newspapers initially gave bad one sided view of Dubai.Some members here like Gab and some ppl in this forum need to stop scrutinizing my every word and take it seriously. What ever be the case I aint changing.

If I would have been a CEO of DP , I would have asked Americanos to come up with a plan so their security isnt breached like screening every goddamn cargo coming here, hiring local nastionalistic Americanos or Mexicanos to save monnie...I was pissed they gave up so early...bittered the realtions of Amercanos and Arabos...
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2006
Still not funny the second time Sniper. :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 18, 2006
GAB wrote:Still not funny the second time Sniper. :roll:

well u r getting old GAB .... ur fun factor is decreasing .no doubt about it..........very soon i shall expose ur biased views in this very forum......arnie now th etopic has digressed & old .please lock.... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2006
Yep mate, my age is equivalent to your IQ. :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums