Pope Associates Atheism With Nazis

Topic locked
Re: Pope Associates Atheism With Nazis Sep 18, 2010
shafique wrote:You and your loon fanciful theories again - JW analogy still applies, they consider themselves Christians and don't celebrate Christmas.. but that is moot.

Stupidity knows no bounds.

JW's not celebrating Christmas has no connection to replacing Christ with Odin.

This doesn't even need an explanation.

Come on eh, just spit it out. They were not atheists!

That point isn't if individual Nazis were atheist or not. Some high ranking Nazis were atheist, others apatheist, still others were Christian or members of the occult.

Nazi ideology was completely secular as was shown by their plan to take Christianity out of Christmas and replace it with Odinism.

If Germany was completely Pagan, then the Nazis would have officially promoted Odinism instead of having to force Christianity to fit their ideals by lopping off major portions of the Bible - the entire Old Testament, three out of the four gospels and most of the epistles.

Good grief.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YWUxDK ... nn&f=false

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Pope Associates Atheism With Nazis Sep 19, 2010
The problem, young loon, is that the Nazi constitution included Hitler's 'Positive Chrsitianity' and there was an official Nazi church, the Protestant Reich Church , along with Bishops and worshippers (and not forgetting the church pictured above).

No amount of smoke and mirrors about Nazi's changing Christmas will obscure this fact. JW are another Christian group who also have differing views about Christmas from Pauline Christians (that it IS indeed originally a pagan festival, for example).

The Nazi Christian (Protestant Reich) church certainly wasn't atheistic. However, I totally agree that the religion of Jesus has been changed to suit the political views of those in power - not least by the Nazi Christians who used the Bible to justify their anti-semitism. They weren't the first Christians to do so.

Anyway, we seem to have no disagreement that the Nazis did in fact have a Nazi Christian church and that they changed some teachings to fit their ideology. As the good book says, 'there's nothing new under the sun'

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Pope associates atheism with Nazis Sep 19, 2010
The problem, young loon, is that the Nazi constitution included Hitler's 'Positive Chrsitianity' and there was an official Nazi church, the Protestant Reich Church , along with Bishops and worshippers (and not forgetting the church pictured above).

That isn't a problem. The Nazis would have promoted Odinism if the vast majority of Germany's population still clung on to their ancestral faith.

No amount of smoke and mirrors about Nazi's changing Christmas will obscure this fact.

So why would they replace Jesus with Odin?

JW are another Christian group who also have differing views about Christmas from Pauline Christians (that it IS indeed originally a pagan festival, for example).

I don't think someone who doesn't know basic Christian theology should drop words like 'Pauline' Christianity as if your mentioning of the word has something to do with Jehovah's Witnesses.

That's like dropping big words into a post to make you sound more intellectual but managing to use them incorrectly.

For the record, JWs use the Bible (which offers different translations of certain verses) as mainstream Christians use in addition to another holy book.

So, I'm at a loss at your apparently ignorant claim that JW's reject the Pauline epistles.

Don't worry, you probably don't know what you're talking about either and so are just as lost.

The Nazi Christian (Protestant Reich) church certainly wasn't atheistic.

Nor were the Islamic organizations the Baath party supported in the nineties while Saddam was in power.

Are you really that obtuse?

However, I totally agree that the religion of Jesus has been changed to suit the political views of those in power

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Pope Associates Atheism With Nazis Sep 24, 2010
Glad we seem to agree that the Protestant Reich church was not atheistic - I rest my case.

(You may want to re-read what I said about JW's views on Christmas vs the views of Pauline Christians. BTW - do you disagree with the JWs that Christmas is actually originally a pagan mid-winter festival??)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums