Poll: White Britons Have Few Or No Black Friends

Topic locked
Poll: White Britons have few or no Black friends Nov 13, 2006
More than nine out of 10 white Britons have no or hardly any ethnic minority friends, according to a poll that reveals the continuing gulf between races and religions more than 40 years after the UK became a multicultural society.

The Guardian has seen details of the survey, to be released this week by the Commission for Racial Equality.

It shows that a majority of white people do not share the bonds of close friendship with their fellow black, Asian or Muslim Britons, meaning they may lack the empathy that close contact can bring. The CRE warns this leaves swaths of the population open to believing the worst of different ethnic and religious groups.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/20 ... tes_ha.php

valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Nov 13, 2006
valkyrie - what is your aim?

I don't dispute some of what you copy and paste may be valid, but it seems to me the common theme is to drive a divide and drag up and carry a flag of resentment and seperation.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 14, 2006
More than nine out of 10 white Britons have no or hardly any ethnic minority friends
Well sh*t for brains you could say the same for black, Asian or Muslims they too have no or hardly any WHITE PEOPLE as friends
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 15, 2006
I'm sure 9 out of 10 locals don't have any Indian friends....and the list can go on and on......
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 15, 2006
ahhhh whydont u brits say that u dont like to b friends with em.......compared to western countried especiallyeurope north america has more mingling between minorities than Europe cos

i, better immigration policy
ii, better educated immigrants
iii, better integration programs......

as always Europe still remains more xenophobic compared to NA
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
I was going to say, this sounds so strange. I don't notice the same thing in parts of my home country. I think North America is much better with mingling than Europe is.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 15, 2006
Actually this is very true, the major cities around the UK are seeing more and more segregation.

But I think to proportion all the blame on 'local' Brits is unfair. I mean you have immigrants coming in and sticking to their own way of life, culture and people, they're not integrating into the 'British' way of life, and many Brits find that intimidating, so of course it's going to happen.

This is also the biggest reason why many 'local' Brits are emigrating every year, they feel their country is not their own anymore. Something really needs to be done about it, as the UK is a soft touch.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 15, 2006
[quote]as the UK is a soft touch.
When Mr Griffin the "wicked BNP leader" is elected thing will change :lol:
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 15, 2006
kanelli wrote:I was going to say, this sounds so strange. I don't notice the same thing in parts of my home country. I think North America is much better with mingling than Europe is.

Mmm that seems...bizzar to me...i would guess that if the survey was conducted properly and the results are accurate it probably relates to few ethnic minorities in the british countryside where most white britsih people live, and few white british in immigrant ghettos which account for a sizable portion of the non-white population.

It doesn't necessarily imply personal prejudice as much as lack of availability as well. I found it interesting and posted it here, no aim.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2006
ahh.. that's a problem with peoples of 1st world nations. Superiority complex causes one to have problems making friends with the 'lower' peoples. :twisted:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2006
edit
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Nov 15, 2006
I don't know in here (DF), but in the real world, I see the bosses (most likely mostly arabs) treat their asian workers (mostly indians I think) like lesser beings.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 16, 2006
i remember once i asked a white guy y dont u have asian or black friends and the guy said cos they are the biggest theifs and you cant trust them :D

but there are some white guys who do have asian or black friends and later u find out that white guy is just like the asians or the blacks i.e he steals and cannt be trusted just like them :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 16, 2006
Well I also just read a report which states that two thirds of people with HIV/AIDS in the UK are immigrants, this could be another reason.

With the crime thing, that's another issue, but certainly I've noticed than when I read about crime, assaults, thefts, murders etc in the papers or on news channels probably around 75 - 80% of purps or suspects are people of colour. Now why this is, I really have no clue, it seems totally bizarre to me. Surely all races and nationalites should be able to live together, but clearly many people just aren't ready for integration and that goes for all sides.

Sad really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 16, 2006
you seriously got no clue why the majority of the criminals are minorities????

common now .. we all know wats the reason behind that ..

but to be really honest with you the main reason .. the root of the reason is ..

cause the british went around lootin the whole world .. so now minorities are just coming back an re-claimin all the wealth you all stole :wink:

dont doubt that .. its a fact that cant be denied ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 16, 2006
Jamal, I totally agree with you on that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 16, 2006
Jamal wrote:cause the british went around lootin the whole world .. so now minorities are just coming back an re-claimin all the wealth you all stole :wink: .

in your dreams was not for the Brits you we still be in MUD HUTS :lol:
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 16, 2006
lol u rite there the brits stole CRICKET from us and made it sound like THEY FOUNDED the game, same for HOCKEY and same for FOOTBALL. i could go on and on :D

da brownies and the black peeps are involved in crimes cos they aint from a rich background. they dont have papas bank account where they can borrow money from. they aint BLOODY POSH like the white ppl and thats the reason.

cricket was founded by the indians and so was hockey. white peeps just made it posh by founding the ICC. blooDy buch of theives i tell ya. :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2006
cricket was founded by the indians and so was hockey. white peeps just made it posh by founding the ICC. blooDy buch of theives i tell ya. :D[/quote]

The superior "WHITEs" had to do some thing in-between killing and raping all the locals and they were looking for something a little less boring than watching paint drying and they came up with the cheats/ball tampering game
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2006
ball tempering wots that :P neva heard of it and neva done it my life :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2006
rudeboy wrote:ball tempering wots that :P neva heard of it and neva done it my life :D

This is were Sub Con.pps get called cheats and then they get trousers pulled down and their arses slapped :lol:
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2006
lol easy mate was just being sarcastic

by the way the pakis neva got caught of ball tempering so its ok then. y dont we just say that the England team cant play swing balling. actually wait they CANT play ANYTHING. cricket heheh u guys loooze when ur in the winning seat. football LOL did u watch the game against holland lol wot a sitter that was. And dont let me go back to Croatia game where the goal keeper was doing some gardening sorry he got his nickers in his legs that y he fell ova yeh ur rite HE FELL OVA and the ball popped over his head and goal.

i could go on and on and on but who wanna talk about ENGLAND sucking on some eggs in sports :D :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2006
They have to let sub pps win occasionally because they can’t stand them whinging from them :)
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 18, 2006
Thread hijackers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums