Opera Boss Censors Mozart Over Stage Beheading Of Muhammad

Topic locked
Oct 04, 2006
Oh please, people have to stop being so sensitive about things and gettign offended so easily. If they're having a go at everyone then what's the problem.

I'm sick and tired of these times where you have to what what you say/do in case you offend someone or something, in case one nut job takes it too far.

If everyone made fun of everyone else, then how could anyone get offended. Get off the high horses, it's really tiring.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 04, 2006
r u 4 real

It is a state with a Jewish majority - but it is a democratic country

To ban people from praying or allowing to them to pray at gun point is democracy to u
to take over historical mosques and turn them to night clubs and bars is democracy to u.
When Israeli settlers are free to take over any palestinian territory this is a democracy..i fail to understand ur point.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 04, 2006
mema wrote:r u 4 real

It is a state with a Jewish majority - but it is a democratic country

To ban people from praying or allowing to them to pray at gun point is democracy to u
to take over historical mosques and turn them to night clubs and bars is democracy to u.
When Israeli settlers are free to take over any palestinian territory this is a democracy..i fail to understand ur point.

mema, I'm amazed too :shock: I can't believe this person is in so much denial.

mraph33 When a Jewish person from any random country can immigrate to Israel simply because they're jewish but a Palestinian living abroad can not go into his own but occupied land because he's, well, Palestinian...then what is this type of state? Democracy is not the reality, it's just on paper. Besides, it's a Zionist Jewish state, that's the reality (Zionism is not considered democratic). Even Israel's marriage laws are based on religion...

anyway, we're getting off topic...
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Oh please, people have to stop being so sensitive about things and gettign offended so easily. If they're having a go at everyone then what's the problem.

I'm sick and tired of these times where you have to what what you say/do in case you offend someone or something, in case one nut job takes it too far.

If everyone made fun of everyone else, then how could anyone get offended. Get off the high horses, it's really tiring.

It's not even about people getting sensitive and offended. I to believe in freedom of speech. So many Christians/Catholics etc that I know make fun of God and Jesus and every other person in the bible...that's normal in the western world. I saw hundreds of cartoons making fun of the bible and heard thousands of jokes about Moses or whomever..

The fact remains that a lot of muslims in the world live in un-educated/underdeveloped countries, not in a democracy, and they seem to enjoy fighting the western believes...hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam...so it's better not to provoke them just to avoid more problems. People r dying for this kind of freedom of speech, so it's just not worth it. I would not want to go into hiding because I want to express how I feel about Islam. I would have to watch my back all the time. Like Theo van Gogh who was assasinated in Amsterdam a few years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_G ... m_director)

Moral:If u keep ur mouth shut u might live longer
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote: ...hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam...I would not want to go into hiding because I want to express how I feel about Islam. I would have to watch my back all the time...Moral:If u keep ur mouth shut u might live longer

Is this a joke? If it is, it's a very bad one. Dude, your stereotyping and exagerrations are atrocious.

Next time, take your own advise, about the keeping your mouth shut. :wink:
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 04, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:
NoWoRrIeS wrote: ...hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam...I would not want to go into hiding because I want to express how I feel about Islam. I would have to watch my back all the time...Moral:If u keep ur mouth shut u might live longer

Is this a joke? If it is, it's a very bad one. Dude, your stereotyping and exagerrations are atrocious.

Next time, take your own advise, about the keeping your mouth shut. :wink:

No dude it wasn't a joke, and I'm not a dude. And I'm not generalising or stereotyping. Don't u read the papers or watch the news? I'm not saying all muslims behave in this way, I have many muslim friends. The educated/well-informed muslims don't burn churches or Pope-dolls. I really wonder where u r coming from and who u support, u got me confused. And since this is a forum people give their opinion about things, and I stand by mine so there is no need to shut up.
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2006
:D :lol:

dudette, yes, I read the papers and watch the news....

If you're not stereotyping and exagerrating how do you explain this statement: "hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam" What is this all about???

"And since this is a forum people give their opinion about things, and I stand by mine so there is no need to shut up."

You're the one that gave this advise/moral in the first place. :wink:
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 04, 2006
Maybe that was a bit harsh, but I didn't mean all muslims. Just the ones who do burn and kill and so on in the name of Islam. These people r dangerous.
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2006
There are Christians who kill as well. John Lennon was killed by a Christian wacko for making comments about being more popular than God, and look at all the abortion doctors/nurses/patients that have been killed over the years by fanatical pro-life Christians. There are wackos everywhere, but it seems there are far more popping up in the Muslim faith due to perceived attacks on the religion and current political affairs in the Middle East.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 04, 2006
I agree that there's extremists/wacko's everywhere. But I haven't heard of recent killings in the name of Christianity (correct me if I'm wrong). I wish people would just shut up about religion... I'm very happy to not be religious at all. :wink:
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Oh please, people have to stop being so sensitive about things and gettign offended so easily. If they're having a go at everyone then what's the problem.

well in FC everybody makes fun of each other but u do seem to get offended. I remember jamal and me made fun of u u seemed to get offended. It's all about one's ego being hurt or not. In west religion may b crap but in east it's part and parcel of their life and insulting thier religion is hittign their ego which can make them go wacko. So i guess the word we are looking here is "empathy"
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:

It's not even about people getting sensitive and offended. I to believe in freedom of speech. So many Christians/Catholics etc that I know make fun of God and Jesus and every other person in the bible...that's normal in the "western world. I saw hundreds of cartoons making fun of the bible and heard thousands of jokes about Moses or whomever..

The fact remains that a lot of muslims in the world live in un-educated/underdeveloped countries, not in a democracy, and they seem to enjoy fighting the western believes...hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam...so it's better not to provoke them just to avoid more problems. People r dying for this kind of freedom of speech, so it's just not worth it. I would not want to go into hiding because I want to express how I feel about Islam. I would have to watch my back all the time. Like Theo van Gogh who was assasinated in Amsterdam a few years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_G ... m_director)

Moral:If u keep ur mouth shut u might live longer

theo van gogh was a moron according to me who should have better researched abt violence of women than go attack and stereotype whole religion. A bunch of women got abused and they turn renegades and go to him he gets brainwashed and makes a movie insulting and denigrating whole ppl.
"hell they kill anything on their path to eternal life in heaven in the name of Islam"

yeah there are extremists i religion or nationalism (the guy who assasinated rabin for Oslo) so their case isnt unique.

"a lot of muslims in the world live in un-educated/underdeveloped countries, not in a democracy, and they seem to enjoy fighting the western believes"

yea most of them live in under developed but some do live in democratic. Indonesia which has largest muslim pop is democratic, india second largest muslim pop is democratic, pakistan third is quasi democratic, bangladesh is democraic ruled by a woman whose opposition is alos a woman. As long as they burn flags and effigies i dont care but many go over attacking embassies is same as i any third world country and not only restricted to muslim states.

Enjoy fighting west? Ahem we west always think we are more civilised than east and our civilisation is under attack when the fact is for past 500 yrs we have been attakcing other civilisation. In this play who is attakcing whom?
True there are some ppl in east who dont like west but same is the case for us.

lastly but not least I guess u didnt get the whole picture as ur views are only from present western news and sites so u better fooloe ur advice to keep quiet.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
I agree with you sniper that Theo van Gogh was kinda stupid for making this movie without thinking about the consequences it might have...but this is an example of how freedom of speech can kill u... Have you seen the movie? (Submission)It's really horrific, even as a Dutch citizen was shocked by it. But a lot of things going on in Holland are shocking to me so nothing new. That's one of the reasons why I'm not living there.

Also I agree that I'm not fully informed on the situations in the world when it comes to who is muslim, buddhist, catholic, about where they are....democracy...dictators...history of all of the above.. don't wanna know either...

Yes, the west is always attacking the east and vice versa. They should just back off and respect each others differences and get on with it.

I follow my dear grandfathers advice and steer clear from such discussions about religion and politics. (am even wondering why I replied to this post in the first place) It just gives trouble. I would like to live a peacefull life where not everything in the news is constantly, about religions and people fighting over it. All the books want the same in the end...peace for everyone...right? It's just not happening. I wish people would all focus on what is far more important... to get rid of hunger and disease in the world.

So my advice to keep quiet is my own personal opinion. For my own safety...And I don't force it upon anyone. I hope my children, if I have them, will follow my advice though...
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

The continous attacks against Islam Oct 04, 2006
I dont think that attacking and insulting other religions is a civil thing to do or a form of freedom of thought! why dont they make plays that promote love and harmony instead? why religions are so much rediculed in most forms of drama? you shoud show respect to other cultures and faiths so people can respect you
kanan
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: The continous attacks against Islam Oct 05, 2006
kanan wrote:I dont think that attacking and insulting other religions is a civil thing to do or a form of freedom of thought! why dont they make plays that promote love and harmony instead? why religions are so much rediculed in most forms of drama? you shoud show respect to other cultures and faiths so people can respect you

word
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: The continous attacks against Islam Oct 05, 2006
kanan wrote:I dont think that attacking and insulting other religions is a civil thing to do or a form of freedom of thought! why dont they make plays that promote love and harmony instead? why religions are so much rediculed in most forms of drama? you shoud show respect to other cultures and faiths so people can respect you

Nice thought, but sadly most people are interested in nice fluffy things, they're more interested in blood, guts and violence, just look at which are the most well attended movies at the cinema! Anything thought provoking or with a nice message, dies a death here, but shooting, swearing, torture etc go down a storm - sad really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums