New Islamic Website!

Topic locked
New Islamic Website! Jun 26, 2006
Alhamdulillah, I've set up an Islamic website!

Please read this site and tell everybody you know about it.

Jazah kallah khairun.

http://www.islamict-shirts.com :lol:

islamictshirts
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 27, 2006
jazaak allah keer ..thank for ur hard effort
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Wonderful :)

Kattir khair Allah.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
Jazah kallah khairun for your responses.

Alhamdulillah, I have started to wear the shirt, it looks nice! :wink:
islamictshirts
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 27, 2006
I am not surprised it looks nice :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
I guess this is an answer to the Americans who have brought out 'Kafir' range of clothing:

http://www.cafepress.com/cr_kafir_gear.31483814

I take a little exception to you calling your the website 'Islamic', but I guess selling clothing with 'Muslim' on it may qualify as 'Islamic'.

The best garb a Muslim can wear is piety, righteousness and God-fearing obeisance to His commandments. No other badge is required, IMHO.

I wish you well though, but I fear I won't be a customer. For one, there is no photo - I would suggest you put some up there of the T-shirts. Secondly, I could not see where the 10 pound profit you are making on each t-shirt is going - I hope that you will be sending this profit to the Palestinians or some other worthy Muslim cause and that you will make this more prominent on the website.

Wasalaam,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 28, 2006
Shafique my brother, are you coming to the meet?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2006
Liban,

Yes - I'll be there - looking forward to meeting you all.

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 28, 2006
Inshallah
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 28, 2006
Shafique, jazah kallah khairun for your comments.

Alhamdulillah, it is an Islamic website because there are about 20 Islamic links on the site, where anybody can read about Islam for free.

On the Non-Muslims section there is an introductory article on Islam and throughout the site it asks readers to discover Islam on the links page.

We were created by Allah (SWT) to worship Him alone and to invite mankind to Islam, and my website does that. So, it is entirely Islamic.

If you go onto the buy shirt page there are photos of the shirt there.

As regards where the money goes, have you ever bought clothing from Non-Muslims in your life and did you ever lose sleep over them profiting from your purchase?

If a Muslim can earn money from other Muslims there is nothing wrong with that at all.

My brother you don't have to buy the shirt, it's optional. However, I wear it because I love it and I hope others will like it too, inshallah.

If this venture is successful of course I will be then in a position to consider donating to/funding Islamic causes, but I've only just started out and the cost involved in setting this site up was all for a good cause, in supporting the global rise of Islam, purely for the sake of Allah (SWT) alone.

Lastly, I agree with you, the best way to help Islam, is to behave as our Prophet (SAW) did.

However, there are many Muslims who wear Pakistan cricket shirts without hesitation, so why not wear a Muslim shirt?!! The answer is because sadly many people are more proud of their nation than their deen.

It should be the other way around.

We thank Allah (SWT) alone for the greatest blessing, of being of the greatest Ummah ever raised up for mankind.

That's why I like to wear the shirt, but again, you're right it's not necessary to wear a shirt to do that, your behaviour is more important.

Alhamdulillah, think of how many people can read and discover Islam through the links on my site. They are all Islamic, and that's why the site is Islamic. :lol:
islamictshirts
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 28, 2006
I congratulate you then on your sales technique for your business venture.

I just was communicating my feelings when I clicked through to your site and was greeted with a hard sell for the T-shirts when I was expecting a "Islamic" website.

I can't change my first reaction of distaste for this sales technique and I thought I'd share this with you.

And to answer your question - I do actually question where my money goes to and make choices where and what I spend my on. I question where profits go all the time and choose where to spend. Had your website said profits go to charitable causes (or even a token amount goes to them), then perhaps I would not have had the impression that this site was a cynical money-making venture by yourself - and I'm sorry, but cutting and pasting articles and linking to information sites does not change the apparent purpose of your site, which (from what I can make out) is to sell over-priced t-shirts.

Harsh words perhaps, but I'm a little grumpy today and maybe over-reacting at what I perceive as a mis-use of the religion I follow.

Wasalaam,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 28, 2006
Firstly, there is nothing 'cynical' about the site. It says in a very straightforward manner you have to pay to buy the shirt. There's no hard sell at all, it's quite simple and to the point.

It is called Islamic T-shirts because being Muslim is actually linked to Islam, I'm sure you realize that.

As regards being overpriced, fruit of the loom shirts are top quality, to print shirts in bulk costs money, and so to keep that going I need to make enough money to afford that.

That's common sense, for Muslims to make money from selling T-Shirts which are not against the Shariah is in no way cynical, it is permissible, inshallah.

I am not charging anything for the Islamic links, I am only charging for the shirt. If you buy a shirt, from whoever they are, you have to pay for it, that's life.

As regards donating to charitable causes, I explained that previously e.g. if things go well we can consider that.

I'm not blowing my own trumpet, but Alhamdulillah, the money I've spent setting up the website, has cost far more than I've made so far, so where on earth is the cynicism there?!!!

As regards the links to the site, they are entirely free and your viewing of them is not dependent on anybody buying the shirt.

And lastly, I don't mean to sound harsh but you do sound a bit self-righteous by saying you perceive a misuse of the religion we follow.

Islamic scholars have said what I am doing is fine, in accordance with our religion, so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Lastly, www.islamonline.net are currently featuring my site as a banner on their site. Do you honestly think one of the most respected Islamic websites on the net would host my site as a banner, if it was a crass, money-making scheme, not in line with our religion?!!

I think not.

We should think before we speak.
islamictshirts
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 28, 2006
As I said, I can't change my first impressions.

I still think the t-shirts are over-priced, I know the cost of FoL shirts wholesale.

Good luck with the site and don't mind me - I'm just an old cynic and do try to think before I write, but thanks for the advice.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums