To Muslims...

Topic locked
Jun 19, 2007
strawberries its not a good idea to give an entirely wrong colour to this thread.

stone someone to death = punishing someone

FYI : WE ARE "DISCUSSING" RELIGION HERE.

Lastly, I would just like to quote a saying of Prophet Muhammed SAW(not in exact words) :
If you see something wrong stop it with your your hands
and if you cant do that, speak up against it
and if you dont have the courage to stop it,
atleast think within yourself that its wrong

dale
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2007
bushra21 wrote:
i know my religion and what i can and cannot do....just leave me alone and work on fixing yourselves first.
:roll:

if u knew ur religion then u would not been displaying this picture .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 20, 2007
I can understand that believing muslims get somehow offended by a women showing too much of her body - because it is not in accordance with strict islamic Sharia.
Having studied Islamic Culture Studies and having stayed in many muslim countries I personally got quite influenced in the way I dress myself -although being Christian and not Muslim myself. I am used to wear long sleaves even here in Europe (where I live at the moment) and would not feel comfortable wearing a miniskirt or a sleavless top ....
But come on guys ... IS THAT ISLAM? The way someone gets dressed? I know it is important to a certain point... Bu is it not much more about how someone lives? Isn't someone a much better muslim who gives money to the poor and has good family relations and cares for others?
I knew so many "muslims" who were telling everyone about Islam and about beeing good muslims, fasting, not eating pork....
But what did they do? Having relationships with women before marriage although this is strictly forbidden in Islam - see Surat an-Nur, Aya 2

I really can't get along with this hypocrit attitude! munafiqun!

When I was stuying in Egypt I prefered students from the religious Azhar University. Because - at least that's the impression I got - they were modest people who lived a life according to Islam without telling everyone about it!

So if you have a problem about Bushra's picture the reason could be the following: You get afraid of losing your temper! SO what does that tell us?
I think it tells us more about your character and your attitude towards sexuality than about Bushra's!

That's psychology! If you hear someone complaining about something? Whom does that tell us someting about? We learn nothing about the person complained about - but we learn a lot about the inner fears and feelings of the complainer!

So if you have a problem with Bushra's picture the problem might be YOU in reality and not Bushra!

I hope that was understandable!!!
ghaima
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 20, 2007
HP wrote:
bushra21 wrote:
i know my religion and what i can and cannot do....just leave me alone and work on fixing yourselves first.
:roll:

if u knew ur religion then u would not been displaying this picture .

you know what hp you are ridiculous. i dont need to defend my actions to your or anyone else.

i know what i can and cannot do, what i should and should not do and live my life accordingly. sure, i dont follow every aspect of my religion...but who does?

as long as i am not telling people what to do, then i see no reason to change until i want to.

leave me alone.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2007
i would rather stick to the topic rather then talking about my fears,temper. you know nothing about me, what i was and what i am now....

Ghaima knowing people from al-azhar and studying religion doesnt necessarily mean that you are have become the ultimate source of islamic knowledge. you cant define who is a good muslim and who is not. its already PREDEFINED in Quran and Sunnah.

i really dont care what anyone does and how much body they show.
As I had said before Islam is a way of life and so it is "also" about what kind of clothes you wear.
nobody is trying to be judgemental about anyone. in the end we all are individually responsible for our own deeds.
clearly you are ostriching from what i am saying

once again i will try and explain :

if i say
-i pray five times a day,
-i give charity (zakat)
-i fast during ramadan
-i desire to go for hajj

what it means :
-i do all this for the love of GOD
-i do all this to get HIS blessings
-i do all this because HE has commanded me to do this
-i do this because the Prophet used to do it
-i like to worship

but at the same time i go around doing something which HE has strictly prohibited, cursed.... then :

-i need to think what i am doing

for instance i claim i love my wife and i do everything to please her. buy her gifts, take her for dinner blah blah...

but she doesnt like that i talk to a particular friend of hers. she has told me that if see that lady then she will roast me in oven !

but still i go around and sleep with her friend.

what would you make of that?

for all i know is that in my part of the world/dubai we call it hypocracy

p.s.
for those of you thinking why this guy is making so much noise about a low neck top then i'd like to clear out a few things.

in many cultures and religions it acceptable to wear hot-pants and tank tops. nobody would bat an eyelid
for example in some parts of europe nudism is considered art.

In Islam women are strictly prohibited to even show their hair (no exceptions, zero-tolerance) and then someone comes up and says i follow the 5 pillars but i dont follow the very basic rule.
this doesnt go down very well...
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2007
I've been seeing this debate and i think it very interesting. someone said that zakat was not necessary. I think it is more necessary more than ever in this world that we live in. If one has the means to live comfortable but even if we're not rich we should do even small things for the poor.

now to the lady that is showing her body in picture here i find her words saying one thing but actions saying another. so many muslims dont do all they're supposed to we all know this. But many try and many see whats really important. How can a lady that does this even say she is trying? I think this is enough to be laughing at her.

some muslim women dont cover their hair but they dress normal, they dont take pics of their breasts for the world to see and then say theyre muslim, by doing this muslim thing, blah blah. this lady seems to not know what Islam represents and she not know how she looks representing her self this way. wanting so much attn I think there must be something not right with her. a pic like that is for a street lady not for a lady that says she is muslim and practices this and that.
jer
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 21, 2007
dont call me a street lady...you dont even know me.

this has gone way too far.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2007
Bushra - I am not offended or initmidated by your picture. You look like a fine women and you have a lovely smile as well.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jun 26, 2007
this thread has run its course now

Personal insults or ascertations about peoples character will not be tollerated

thread locked
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums