Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah?

Topic locked
Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Oct 31, 2009
Came across this post while reading up on Qadianism - which is a heretical sect in Islam founded by someone who, according to his words, was Mary and became 'metaphorically' pregnant to Jesus.

:?

I have to say, if these quotes in the article are accurate, this guy was really out there. Apparently, he built his own mosque so it could resemble the mosque in Syria where Jesus is predicted to descend from and he claims to have descended from his mosque as well....except there were no eyewitnesses to support his levitation claim.

Oh well, Muslims and non-Muslims can read this article and judge for themselves if this Ghulam guy was really who claimed to be or a false teacher.

It also speaks volumes that his own followers accused him of embezzlement - I guess he needed an injection of cash after he found out he couldn't write off the expenses incurred after he constructed his mosque.

There are one or more sayings of the Prophet Muhammad(S) transmitted by Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Ahmad in their respective collections of Hadith books regarding Al-Masih Al-Maw'oud, the Promised Messiah. Fazlul Karim, in his translation of Mishkat Al-Masabih published under the title "Al-Hadis" Vol.IV, pages 82-83, quotes four Ahadith from sound sources. Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad(S) are clear in identifying the Promised Messiah to be the great Prophet of Allah Isa(A) (Jesus) who was raised up towards Allah according to the Qur'an, Surah 4 Ayah 158. In the same Surah, Ayah 157, it is clear that the Prophet Isa(A) was neither killed nor died on the cross but it appeared so to his contemporaries who claimed to have witnessed the event.

However, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani (1839-1908), the founder of the so called Ahmadiya Movement in Islam, commonly known among Muslims as Qadiyanism or Mirzaiyat, denied that meaning of the Qur'anic verses (referred to above) as understood by Islamic scholars for thirteen centuries. He claimed that Isa Ibn Maryam(A) travelled to Kashmir, lived for a long full life, died and was buried there. This claim of Ghulam Qadiyani goes against the record of Christians as well as Muslims.

Instead of believing as Muslims believe (see the Qur'an 2:13), Ghulam claimed that he was Maryam (Mary, mother of Jesus(A)), he became pregnant and delivered himself as Jesus and turned into the Promised Messiah. On top of this, he claimed that he was the fulfillment of the prophesies of Prophet Muhammad(S). All references to Ghulam Qadiyani's claim and writing in this brochure are in "QADIYANIAT, AN ANALYTICAL SURVEY" by Ehsan Elahi Zaheer, published by Idara Tarjuman Al-Sunnah, Lahore, Pakistan.

Due to the lack of space, full text of Ahadith (teachings of Prophet Muhammad(S)) will not be given. Instead, relevant pieces of Ahadith will be given in simple language and the claim of Ghulam Qadiyani will be examined.

The Promised Messiah shall be the son of Mary and none else

Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani was not the son of Mary but son of an Indian lady whose name was not Mary but it was Chiragh Bibi. Just to fit himself into the prophesy he concocted the story that he himself was Mary, became pregnant, delivered himself and so on. He wrote, "I was made Mary. I remained Mary for two years. Then the soul of Jesus was blown into me as it was blown inside Mary. Thus I conceived metaphorically. After some months, not exceeding ten, I changed from Mary and was made Jesus. In this manner, I became 'son of Mary'". Another time Ghulam Qadiyani wrote, "I saw myself as if I am a woman and Allah expressed in me His reproductive power of manliness."

The Promised Messiah "shall descend amidst you"

Ghulam Qadiyani himself wrote: "It occurs in Hadith that the Messiah shall descend from the sky and will be (clad) in two yellow sheets". Ghulam Qadiyani did not descend from anywhere but appointed himself. He was born of Chiragh Bibi.

The Promised Messiah shall descend on the white minaret of a mosque in the eastern part of Damascus

He did two things to fit himself into this part of the prophesy.

(a) He claimed that the village of Qadiyan was like Damascus and he tried to fabricate similarities between Damascus and Qadiyan.

(b) He built a mosque with a minaret in Qadiyan and painted it white. He called the minaret, "Minaret of the Messiah".

However, he could not show people that he was descending from heaven on the minaret. Had there been helicopters in those days he, perhaps, would have borrowed one from the British to show himself descending on the minaret from a helicopter.

The Promised Messiah shall descend while clad in two yellow sheets

Ghulam Qadiyani rationalized that two yellow sheets meant two diseases. He said that he was suffering from polyuria (mituration) and giddiness of head. He boasted that he urinated 100 times a day. He also contradicted himself while saying, "It is possible that another Messiah may descend who befit the qualities mentioned in the Hadith, manifestly." Finally, he told the truth when he wrote, "two self-contradictory sayings can only come from a madman or from a hypocrite."

The Promised Messiah shall break the cross

This prophesy was interpreted to mean that all Christians shall convert to Islam and Christianity as a separate religion shall cease to exist. Qadiyani himself wrote, "The purpose of descent of Messiah is that the theory of Trinity will be completely obliterated..." It is obvious that Christians have multiplied manyfold during the last century. Even in the District of Gordaspur the Christian population increased eight-fold between the time of Qadiyani's claim of Messiahship and his death. Ghulam Qadiyani said to emphasize his mission of obliterating Christianity from the earth, "If I do not do for the protection of Islam what is attributed to the Promised Messiah and I die, bear witness that I am a liar." Well! Time has given the proof of what he was.

The Promised Messiah shall kill the pig

This prophesy was interpreted that the eating of pig products shall cease to exist. Obviously, this prophesy was not fulfilled.

The Promised Messiah shall be a just ruler

A just ruler is not a subject of any people or government. Firstly, Ghulam Qadiyani was a subject of the British throne not a ruler. He boasted, "Till his death, my father remained a sincere servant of the English Government". About himself he boasted, "I rose to the service of the English Government with my hand and pen... I have promised to God that I shall not write a book except that I shall mention in it the favors of the Imperial Government".

Secondly, he was accused by his own followers to be an embezzler of funds of his community. He was not even a just leader of his small community.

The Promised Messiah shall bring all humanity under one religion, Islam, before his death

Ghulam Qadiyani himself agreed, "... during the period of the Promised Messiah the false religious communities will perish." He further clarified at another place, "... lies will completely vanish and all religious communities except Islam will be destroyed." A century has passed since Qadiyani's claim of Messiahship yet the Muslims of the world remain 25 percent of the world population. If Qadiyani population only is considered (because Ghulam taught them that they are the only Muslims in the world) they are under 0.02% of the world population.

The Promised Messiah shall kill the Dajjal, the Deceiver, at the gate of Ludd or Lydda

Frequently Dajjal is translated as "Anti-Christ" which may not be true. In fact, in Islam, there is no concept of Anti-Christ associated with a person. Ghulam Qadiyani himself wrote, "Then, Messiah son of Mary shall move out in search of the Dajjal; he will overtake him at the gate of a town among the towns of Bait Al-Muqaddas (Jerusalem) known as Ludd and kill him." As we know that no such person having attributes of the Dajjal has appeared, yet. Naturally, Qadiyani did not kill any Dajjal, he was never accused of killing any person nor did he visit Ludd or Lydda.

Allah will generate so much wealth under the rule of the Promised Messiah that no beggar and no poverty will be left in the world

It is no secret that there is poverty and hunger all over the world including in the most prosperous First World of the West. Ghulam Qadiyani himself was a beggar; he wrote, "It is necessary for everyone of my followers to remit to me a monthly sum of his money." Qadiyani's brother-in-law Mirza Sher Ali used to say, "Ghulam Ahmad is indeed a liar and a looter; he has opened this shop to grab money from people".

The Promised Messiah will establish peace on earth. The lion will graze about with a camel, the leopard with a cow, the wolf with a sheep, Children will play with snakes who will not harm them

Ghulam Qadiyani lived for almost seventeen years after the claim of his Messiahship but he did not establish peace on earth. In fact, two world wars took place and hundreds of small wars have taken lives of millions of people since the death of Qadiyani. There has been inestimable damage to the environment during periods of "peace" and also due to wars. Lions continue to eat their favorite animals and snakes continue to bite people.

The Promised Messiah shall perform Hajj or Umra or both

Ghulam Qadiyani was so scared of dying that he did not perform Hajj or Umra despite his claim about himself, "And God will protect you from people".

The Promised Messiah shall remain on earth for forty-five years before dying

About Ghulam Qadiyani, his son Bashir Ahmad wrote, "His Holiness announced that he had been commissioned for the reformation of this Ummah in the year 1882. In the year 1889 he announced that he is the revivalist (mujaddid). He remained steadfast on this until in 1891 he announced that he is "the Promised Messiah". From the time of his birth in 1839 he lived for 69 years, dying in 1908. The time of his claim to be a reformer was 26 years, the time of his claim to be a mujaddid was 19 years and the time of his claim to Messiahship was 17 years until his death. When is one supposed to begin counting to make 45 years of Messiahship?

Ghulam Qadiyani agreed with a Hadith, "Indeed the Prophet of God said that the Messiah will be buried in my grave"

Ghulam Qadiyani did not even visit the grave of the Prophet(S). He died in Lahore, his body was carried to Qadiyan where he was buried.

The above points mentioned in prophesies of the Prophet Muhammad(S) regarding the Promised Messiah and their analysis in the light of Ghulam Ahmad Qadiyani show that the claimant of Messiahship was a liar and an imposter. The Promised Messiah, Jesus(A), is yet to descend and he will at the time appointed by Allah Himself.

http://www.ilaam.net/Brochures/Brochure-30.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2009
I do find cults fascinating, whats that prophet who 'spontaneously' arrived in Africa recently?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 31, 2009
^ I haven't heard of the one in Africa - pray tell. I must have missed this story.

I've also studied quite a few claimants of prophethood - from Joseph Smith, Bab, Bahullah (although, to be fair, he claimed to be a manifestation of God) - and even met some high up guys in the Sai Baba organisation (sorry I forget their full name).

I was in Sudan a couple of weeks ago on business - and Muhammad Mahdi - another claimant to messiahood and the one who killed Governer Gordon - is still highly regarded to this day.

It's also interesting to read the likes of Prof Hans Kung and Father O'Conner remind us that in the early decades and centuries after Jesus' ministry, Christianity was regarded as a minor Jewish cult that morphed into a Hellenistic cult before gaining recognition as a separate religion.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 31, 2009
I find belief fascinating, I know a hardcore christian engineer from zimbabwe, who doesn't drink alcohol or eat pork, as he says its against his religion. Yet he tells me in 100% truthfullness about these demons that live in rock pools and snatch villagers.

Its been really bugging me as im trying to remember the name - when i hear it ill recognise it. I think the name sounded slighty indian.

I saw in paper was it in dubai or abu dhabi that there is some ancient town of acheoloical interest being trashed to make way for labourers and it supposadly has a strong jihn in it?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 31, 2009
It is no secret that there is poverty and hunger all over the world including in the most prosperous First World of the West. Ghulam Qadiyani himself was a beggar; he wrote, "It is necessary for everyone of my followers to remit to me a monthly sum of his money." Qadiyani's brother-in-law Mirza Sher Ali used to say, "Ghulam Ahmad is indeed a liar and a looter; he has opened this shop to grab money from people".

It should speak volumes that these quotes have been undisputed. I wonder how anyone could believe the claims made by this dude?

Clearly he was in it for the money and fame (the British gov. probably paid him an allowance too).

I wonder what is the Muslim view of Mirza Ghulam? Do they accept his claims that he is a prophet after Muhammad and that he was the Messiah and Mahdi?
event horizon

Nov 02, 2009
I'll have to remember his name, Ghulam. I might confuse that with golem.

:(
event horizon

Nov 08, 2009
Roadtester wrote:I find belief fascinating, I know a hardcore christian engineer from zimbabwe, who doesn't drink alcohol or eat pork, as he says its against his religion. Yet he tells me in 100% truthfullness about these demons that live in rock pools and snatch villagers.

Its been really bugging me as im trying to remember the name - when i hear it ill recognise it. I think the name sounded slighty indian.

I saw in paper was it in dubai or abu dhabi that there is some ancient town of acheoloical interest being trashed to make way for labourers and it supposadly has a strong jihn in it?

I definitely agree with you. There are many people from certain areas where belief in superstition is rife. If someone wanted to, they could probably start up a religion around themselves or expand on a previous religion in some of these regions.

Indeed, this thread is proof that some men have (successfully) tried this in the past and we now have cargo cults and Qadianism (Ahmadiyyaism, sp?). It's unfortunate that these beliefs have persisted for so long, but many Qadianis have learned of the false teachings of their impostor prophet and have been converting to the superior religions of Islam and Christianity en masse.

:)
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 25, 2009
Hey guys, can anyone give me the Muslim view of Qadianism and Mirza Ghulam?

Shafique, I know you like to write long posts, but you've been eerily quiet on this thread. What is the Muslim view of Mirza Ghulam? Is he accepted or rejected by Muslims as a swindler, crook, false prophet, etc?

A SIMPLE WAY OF LOOKING AT QADIYAANISM
By Shaykh Manzoor Nu'maani

We will discuss, in detail two prophecies made by Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad.

FIRST PROPHECY
The first prophecy is concerning the death of a Christia, 'Abdullah Atham.
The Mirza had fixed a period of fifteen months beginning from 5th June 1893
for it (i.e. up to 5th September 1894). He, then, repeated it on page 80 of
his book, Shahaadat-e-Qur'aan, as a sign and criterion of his truthfulness
that 'Abdullah Atham will definitely die within this time, i.e., up to
September 5, 1894 (Since 'Abdullah Atham was about 70 years old at that
time, his death, within the period fixed by the Mirza was after all, not
something that could not be thought of). But as Allah intended to expose the
bluff and falsehood of Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad, the old 'Abdullah Atham not only
survived to the stipulated period but also went on to live for another two
years. He died on July 27, 1896 which has been confirmed by the Mirza
himself in Anjaam-e-Atham.

We are not unaware of the disingenuous explanations given by the Mirza and
his followers in defence of the prophecy. But no right-thinking person will
draw any other conclusion from them than of the deceitfulness and dishonesty
of these gentlemen. It is not a matter of logic or metaphysics. Mirza
Ghulaam Ahmad had made a plain prophecy that Atham would die within a
certain date and staked his claim to truthfulness on it. Now, if Atham had
died the evening of September 5, 1894 then Mirza's truthfulness would have
been established according to his own declaration. But when Atham did not
die within that period and continued to live for two more years, every
moment of his life during those two years, according to Mirza's own words,
was an affirmation of his falseness and to offer excuses or explanations
about it is to try vainly to defend and an indefensible position.

SECOND PROPHECY
The other prophecy we would take up here is his proposed marriage with
Muhammadi Begum, which he had set forth in his books as a special heavenly
sign and evidence of his genuineness as an apostle. But, let us first
briefly state the background.

A relative of Mirza lived in Hoshyaapoor (Punjaab). His name was Mirza Ahmad
Beg and Muhammadi Begum was his daughter. Mirza was seized with the desire
to marry her, and, consequently, made an offer of marriage. But Mirza Ahmad
Beg did not like it and rejected the offer.

In order to impress, or rather, overawe Mirza Ahmad Beg, Mirza emphatically
proclaimed that, firstly, he had been foretold through a Divine Revelation
of his marriage with Muhammadi Begum and that he made the proposal in
compliance with a Divine Command and Allah had assured him that he will
definitely be marrying Muhammadi Begum; and, secondly, that if the relatives
of Muhammadi Begum will decline the offer, they will be caught in various
kinds of calamities and the lady herself will have to suffer a great deal.
Mirza propagated these things so forcefully through his books, letters and
leaflets that if Mirza Ahmad Beg were a faint-hearted person he would have
funked and given away his daughter in marriage to Mirza. But he did not
budge an inch and persisted in his refusal. Mirza, on his side, went on
trying. The story of what he said and did in this connection is long and
painful. We naturally shrink back from going into its details. We, will,
therefore, leave aside all the ensuing events and concentrate only on the
main affair.

From the writings of Mirza it appears that the whole thing went on for a
number of years. Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad tried to persuade Mirza Ahmad Beg
through various means. He wrote letters to him and threatened him of dire
consequences on the strength of Divine Revelations. But the latter remained
adamant till steps were taken towards the betrothal of Muhammadi Begum with
Sultaan Muhammadi of Patti, Dist. Lahore. When Mirza came to know of it he
started putting all sorts of obstacles in the way, and having failed in
these nefarious attempts he took recourse to the usual device of Divine
Revelations and proclaimed that if Muhammadi Begum was married to Sultaan
Muhammad the latter would die within two and a half years and the girl's
father, Mirza Ahmad Beg, within three years of the marriage and Muhammadi
Begum, having thus become a widow would, without fail come to be his wife.
Glory be to the Lord, the marriage of Muhammadi Begum did take place with
Sultaan Muhammad but Mirza went on prophesying tirelessly that Sultaan
Muhammad would die and Muhammadi Begum would certainly become his wife - it
was decreed by fate which no one in the world could alter and if Sultaan
Muhammad did not die within the fixed time and Muhammadi Begum was not
married to him he was a liar and a deceiver of the first order.

We have stated the bare facts in our own words. Now, read a few extracts
from the claims and prophecies made by Mirza in this regard to which he has
given the status of Divine Revelations. In Anjaam-e-Atham which Mirza wrote
about five years after the marriage of Muhammadi Begum with Sultaan
Muhammad, some of the revelations have been reproduced in the original
Arabic text with Mirza supplying their translation into Urdu. Among these is
a revelation concerning Muhammadi Begum in which (according to the Mirza)
Allah has told him and assured him in the strongest possible way that
Muhammadi Begum will surely come back to him in wedlock. In fact, Allah had
already married her to him and no power on earth was now going to annul it.
The revelation when rendered into English reads:
"So, Allah will be sufficient unto thee against them and, verily, He shall
bring that woman towards thee. This act is from Us and We shall carry it
out. After her return We have married her to thee. Truth is from thy Lord;
hence, do not be among the doubters. The Word of Allah does not change. The
Lord verily, does what He pleases. There is no one to stop Him. We shall
bring her back to you."

The Mirza by publicising the revelation is telling the world that though
Muhammadi Begum has been married to Sultaan Muhammad and Mirza's ememies are
rejoicing over it, his Lord is assuring him that He is sufficient to defeat
and take revenge against these enemies and it is His unalterable decision
that He will make Muhammadi Begum return to him. i.e., Sultaan Muhammad will
die in Mirza's lifetime and Muhammadi Begum, having become a widow, will be
married to him. The Lord has informed him that He has already given her in
marriage to him; it Divine Decree and a Divine Revelation which is above and
beyond a trace of doubt. The decrees of the Lord are final and absolute no
changes can be made in them. No one stop them from being carried into
practice. Allah will definitely bring Muhammadi Begum back to him and she
will, certainly, be joined with him in wedlock.

Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad does not hesitate even to drag the name of the Prophet
Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) into the sordid story. In a footnote
on page 53 of Zameema-e-Anjaam-e-Atham he writes in connection with the
revelation about the marriage of Muhammadi Begum that:
"The Apostle of Allah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) has already made a
prophecy in confirmation of the present one to the effect that the Promised
Messiah will marry and also have children. Now, evidently the object is to
mention matrimony and the rasing up of progeny in a general way, for,
everyone usually marries and also begets children. There is no virtue in it.
Here, 'marriage' means the special marriage which will be in the nature of a
sign and 'progeny' means the progeny about which my humble self has already
prophesied. Apostle of Allah sallallahu alayhi wasallam so to speak, is
disproving the doubts raised by evil-hearted deniers and declaring that
these things shall, definitely, take place."

It, however, is a mere calumny and slanderous statement made by Mirza. What
the above Hadeeth really seeks to convey is 'Eesaa alayhis salaam (who did
not marry in his first life and practised celibacy) will enter into
marriage, in adherence to the Sunnah of the noble Prophet sallallahu alayhi
wasallam when he will come again during the Last Phase, and also beget
children. But Mirza has mischievously misinterpreted it and turned it into a
prophecy regarding his own marriage with Muhammadi Begum. The Almighty, on
the other her hand, by proving the prophecy to be false, made it clear to
the world that Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad had viciously misrepresented the Word of
Allah and the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam.

On the same page of Zameema-e-Anjaam-e-Atham there appears a passage worthy
of note. Mirza remarks about the opponents who rejoiced on the marriage of
Muhammadi Begum with Sultaan Muhammad and not with him and over the death of
Sultaan Muhammad not occurring within the prophesised period of two and a
half years.
"My foolish adversaries should have waited and refrained from exhibiting
their meanness in advance. Will the stupid opponents not be alive at the
time when all these things will be fulfilled and will all these combatants
not be cut down to pieces by the sword of truth on that day? The fools will
have no place to run to (for refuge) and their noses will be chopped off
neatly and the dark stains of humiliation will transform their faces into
those of apes and pigs." A few lines later the Mirza adds, "Remember that if
the second part of the prophecy (i.e., the death of Sultaan Muhammad
occurring in the lifetime of Mirza and the marriage of Muhammadi Begum
taking place with him after she had become a widow) is not fulfilled, I will
stand utterly disgraced. O fools! it is not the concoction of a man; it is
not the slander by a devilish liar. Know for certain that it is the truthful
promise of the Lord ......
above extracts were taken from only one book by Mirza, Anjaam-e-Atham and
its postscript, which was written towards the end of 1896. Mirza lived for
11 or 12 years after it and died in May 1908 and the outcome of these
prophecies was that neither Sultaan Muhammad died before him nor Muhammadi
Begum married him.

We submit that had there been no other failing or weakness in Mirza, the
turning out of the above two prophecies of his to be false was enough to
prove that he could not be, by any stretch of imagination, an Apostle of
Allah. The Lord never puts a Messenger or Prophet of His to shame in the way
in which Mirza was disgraced in respect of these prophecies.

CONCLUSION
1. It is not possible for an Apostle to abuse, insult or criticise any of
the Apostles of Allah preceding him and attribute moral vices to him.
2. No Apostle can tell lies and concoct stories to prove his genuineness and
authenticity.
3. It cannot be that a truthful Apostle makes a date-bound prophecy, at the
Command of Allah and on the basis of a Divine Revelation, and proclaims it
to be the criterion of his genuineness and the Lord shows him up as a liar
and an imposter before the whole world by proving it false.

In the light of these observations it can be safely concluded that even if
the chain of apostleship had not been terminated and the Apostles were still
being raised up, there could be no possibility of Mirza Ghulaam Ahmad being
a Divine Messenger and a Prophet. Almighty can never raise up anyone as His
Apostle who is so glaringly lacking in the ordinary qualities of Human
rectitude. Divine inspiration can, in no case, come to such a man. The
Devil, of course, can inspire him. As the Qur'aan says: 'Shall I inform upon
whom the devils descend? They descend on every sinful, false one.'

Now see for yourself the quality of falseness and sinfulness in the life and
character of Mirza. How can a man like him be an Apostle even if the
splendid order of Apostleship was continuing? Allah has brought His Faith
and Sharee'ah to perfection through the noble Prophet sallallahu alayhi
wasallam, and, then, also took upon Himself the responsibility, of it's
preservation till the Last Day and made all the arrangements that were
needed for it. He proclaimed it in the Qur'aan and the noble Prophet
sallallahu alayhi wasallam, too, stated it clearly in the Ahaadeeth. Thus,
it is an article of faith with the Muslims all over the world that the chain
of Apostleship has ended with the raising of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu
alayhi wasallam and no new Apostle will be sent down anywhere. The guidance
brought down by the noble Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam shall suffice
for the entire humanity and at all times.

Rayadul Jannah
event horizon

Can I just ask whether you've actually read more than the first line of your quotes? (It would make a refreshing change to hear that you have). I'm have no inclination to read through something that you haven't read.

I'm also just amused by your obsession with this person - it seems to stem from the fact I once quoted Biblical verses that were conveniently listed here:

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/bi ... index.html

But I also quoted Biblical references from skeptics annotated Bible:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

So perhaps, I need to justify quoting from an atheist site as well?

As for the debate about Ahmad's claims - I see that the same author of the pocket book of Biblical references listed above has written a book on the subject:
http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Ah ... 0602MN.pdf

Perhaps you could read and quote from that and let us know what you think. This seems to be of interest to you - I'm happy to read both sides of the argument and then make my mind up, but for now I'm more interested in the other thread topics and will let you continue on this line of research.

Let us know what Memon argues (I've had a look at the contents, and it appears he does address the claims in question).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Wow - so you suddenly want to 'read' books on the subject. Are you feeling alright?

Perhaps you should lie down and elevate your feet. Tell you what, I think five minutes of googling and reading about Qadianism from Muslim websites (which I have done) is more than enough to pontificate on Mirza Ghulam. What do you think?
event horizon

Nope, I'm just happy for you to read the quotes you post and then tell us what Memon has to say in response.

'Once bitten, twice shy' as the sayings go - you have so often shown that you don't actually read what you quote and expect us to spoon feed you information.

I've provided you with information, let's now see what your analysis is.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 26, 2009
I've already read quite a bit on Mirza Ghulam from the Muslim websites I've quoted from on this thread.

Why the sudden insistence of having me to read books and claiming that snippets from DOT com websites are not enough?

Don't you think that a DOT com site is sufficient to learning about a subject. I mean, I caught you quoting Bible passages from an Ahmadiyya Dot com site when you incorrectly claimed that the early Christians were against preaching to Gentiles.
event horizon

My issue is that you probably have only 'read a bit' - going by previous posts, you don't actually read through the long quotes you give, as your summaries tend to be contradicted by what you have posted.

This particular topic seems to be something you are interested in, so you've posted some posts which are critical of the man, and all I've done is see what other information is out there on the subject.

The book I linked to has sections which deal with the subjects you've posted above - so, let us know what your conclusions are after you've read these. Let us know whether it is worth our while reading through the answers. ( I haven't read through your long posts above, as I suspect you haven't either - I'm happier addressing your other quaint views)

Happy reading.

I'm quite happy to read the books/extracts you give - eg I read Women in Christianity by Kung when you quoted from it and found out he disagrees with you about the Bible having misogynistic verses inserted by Pauline Christians. Your other quaint views about the Bible haven't been supported by any reference to any book or expert - so you can't say I didn't read through your references (you didn't give any). In fact, a lack of references has been your problem - from the ficticious 7000 strong massacre that never took place and was only admitted by you when I looked for the evidence to the quaint views on the meaning of Islam etc.

But in this thread, I'll let you debate with yourself and read both sides of the argument and give us your views. I'm quite happy to read your summary of both sides.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

eg I read Women in Christianity by Kung when you quoted from it and found out he disagrees with you about the Bible having misogynistic verses inserted by Pauline Christians.

Really, you read all of it, eh? Because quite a bit of it wasn't on google books. And once again, a little reminder, I was the one who informed you of what an interpolation was. This was around the time I figured out you had never actually read the New Testament and were relying on 'convenient' quotes from a missionary Muslim website to help with your debate.

Unfortunately, it didn't help you out too much because you were still making errors - such as claiming Paul had convinced Peter to convert Cornelius. In fact, the website you depended on for you Biblical information was also guilty of selectively quoting from the Bible.

Strangely enough, you didn't have a fit over that, but you do seem to have one when you accuse me of copy/pasting from 'Islamophobic' websites.

Please, try to be less hypocritical in the future.

The book I linked to has sections which deal with the subjects you've posted above - so, let us know what your conclusions are after you've read these. Let us know whether it is worth our while reading through the answers.

I disagree. I believe that reading a few snippets here and there from wikipedia or some DOT com website is more than enough to write about a subject. I mean, it's not like you ever studied the Talmud when you mistakenly believed the Sanhedrin was part of the texts and teachings of Judaism rather than a court of law.
event horizon

Great, you are happy you know all about this subject.

You don't need my approval/disapproval of your findings - I agree. I just wanted to read your summary of the points for and against the views you've copy pasted. I've seen no evidence that you have actually read what you've posted (and have ample evidence you don't read what you have posted before).

But I am curious - what was your summary of Memon's treatment of the topics you pasted above?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

But I am curious - what was your summary of Memon's treatment of the topics you pasted above?

I don't know. What were the differences between the followers of Stephen in the New Testament and the Pharisaic Christians?

I don't need to actually study the subject. Just crawling through DOT com websites and possessing a very superficial understanding of the subject I write long posts on is good enough for me. Who cares about accuracy?
event horizon

Huh? Did Mirza Ghulam Ahmad claim to be Stephen as well?

You asked a question in the title of this thread, you posted some long articles which I've no evidence you've actually read.

I'm still interested in reading your summary of what Memon says to counter the arguments in the articles you've posted.

What evidence does Memon present in relation to Ahmad being the 'Promised Messiah'?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm still interested in reading your summary of what Memon says to counter the arguments in the articles you've posted.

As I said, I've already read a few paragraphs on Mirza Ghulam. I don't think I need to therefore read any books on the subject to be qualified to write a lengthy post pontificating on Qadianism and Mirza Ghulam.
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 27, 2009
Another case of being 'all mouth no trousers' then.

I'm glad that I also only read a few paragraphs of your pastes/posts here and realised (correctly) that you would not have read through these, let alone what Memon wrote in reply. So what's the point?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 27, 2009
I'm glad you agree with me that reading a few paragraphs from these sources (although I read the first article) is enough to pontificate on the false teachings of Mirza Ghulam.

What I don't believe, however, is that you are really undecided on Qadianism and the teachings of Mirza Ghulam. Are you practicing Taquiyya here? Just wondering.

(I also remember that you posted an article of Jesus traveling to India on the other forum and defending the conclusions)
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 28, 2009
I'm just stating a fact that you are the only one here who has shown any interest in Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and haven't actually read the posts you've pasted, let alone looked at both sides of the argument.

I've made no bones about posting information from atheist web sites - such as skeptics annotated Bible and Quran, and am still amused that you refuse to answer questions (eg do you believe in Rapture, will you condemn Goldstein, how old are you, will you ever find an expert who believes in your quaint belief that the Bible doesn't contain fabricated or contradictory verses etc etc) - and yet expect us to answer questions on subjects you are the only one posting about (and haven't even read about in full).

The Jesus in India thread was making reference to a BBC documentary - 'Where did Jesus Die' - available on the web, and makes fascinating watching and actually contains evidence rather than unsubstantiated beliefs. IIRC it also features Father Murphy O'Conner - the Biblical expert referenced in other posts.

But I am intrigued - do you have any intention of reading your pastes in full and then reading Memon's replies?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 29, 2009
and haven't actually read the posts you've pasted

I've already said that I read the first post that was pasted. Please try and read.

let alone looked at both sides of the argument.

I've already read quite a bit on Ghulam from several different Muslim websites. What more do you actually want?

I also think it speaks volumes that you have not answered my previous question. Are you really undecided on Mirza Ghulam and Qadianism or is this a 'war is deceit' tactic that you are now employing?
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Nov 30, 2009
You should also read what I write, then perhaps you will stop asking for answers that have already been given.

You've asked what I want - I've posted a few times that I am interested in hearing your summary of what Memon says in response to the articles you posted.

Kudos that you've read through your first article (which begs the question whether you read the other links you gave, beyond the 'few parapraphs' you mention) - that is more than I did.

If you think this is a one-sided argument and what you've read is enough - then why ask any questions? If you believe there are two sides to the argument, then shouldn't you read and summarise what the other side says?

I've given you a link to a book by Memon which gives you that info.

If I refer to the teachings of Bahaism, I do actually go and read Bahai books (eg I've read Kitab e Aqdas, the Bayan etc) - similarly when I refer to the Bible, I quote from it verbatim and when I talk about Mormons I mention that I've read the official history of John Smith from them as well as the Book of Mormon. I don't just cut and paste stuff from anti-Bahai or Anti-Mormon web sites.

So, I am still interested in your summary of what Memon says in response to your first article - let us know when/if you read it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 01, 2009
You've asked what I want - I've posted a few times that I am interested in hearing your summary of what Memon says in response to the articles you posted.

Dont' need to. I've read from several Muslim missionary websites explaining the false teachings of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. I'm not aware of any any secular websites, but if you find any on the web, I'll be happy to give that a shot as well.

If you believe there are two sides to the argument, then shouldn't you read and summarise what the other side says?

Interesting point. So what were the differences in belief between the followers of Stephen and the Pharisaic Christians in the New Testament?

(I can't help if the irony is lost on you, or if you are deliberately not recognizing it)

I've given you a link to a book by Memon which gives you that info.

I've already read the cliff notes to the teachings and beliefs of Qadianism from several Muslim websites.

similarly when I refer to the Bible

What's the problem? I've can quote Mirza Ahmad verbatim too from several Muslim missionary websites. I mean, it's not like you've actually studied the topics you pontificate on. Unless you were simply joking when you falsely attributed a passage from an *epistle* in the New Testament to a quote from Jesus. Perhaps you thought there was also a Gospel of James in the Bible?

So, I am still interested in your summary of what Memon says in response to your first article - let us know when/if you read it.

Well, I've now come to the end of your post and I haven't seen an answer to my last question. Are really claiming that you do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad and Qadianism, even though you rely heavily on a Qadiani website for your copy/pastes on Islam and your Bible verses (not to mention that you claim to have read the biography on Muhammad that is also posted on their website and written by a Qadiani)?

Please shafique, could you clarify your previous statement whether or not you indeed have not formed an opinion on the founder of Qadianism?
event horizon

I see that you are still insisting on beating a dead horse.

I'm waiting for you to answer your own questions - what is your view on the responses given by Memon to the articles you've posted?

I fully understand you have (and can) quote long articles verbatim - and experience has shown you haven't actually read through them. I understand you want to deflect attention away from this fact and get me to read them on your behalf - I've said, I haven't read through what you've posted - precisely because you seem to be the only one obessing on the subject and because it appears to be a tactic to distract my attention away from your unanswered questions:

1. Do you believe in Rapture? (Simple enough question - you saw the question and was silent)
2. Can you ever provide one expert that believes in your quaint notion that the Bible does not contain fabricated verses inserted by Pauline Christians (not to mention contradictory verses)
3. What is your latest count for Muslim Convert terrorists - and has it reached 10 yet?
etc.

You seem to want me to read through articles you haven't read and give my views on the detail - sorry, I'm not playing if you are not.

You also have a weird way with statistics and evidence. I quoted some Biblical passages that were neatly summarised for me on Alislam.org website - but I've similarly quoted Biblical passages listed on Sceptics Annotated Bible. Are you going to ask me to defend atheism next? ;)

You asked the question in the thread title, I said that you can do the research and summarise. If it is too much like hard work to read through what Memon has written, as I said before - you are free to believe what you choose to believe, evidence doesn't seem to feature much in many of your quaint beliefs. I really can't see why I should do your homework for you.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sorry, I may have missed an answer in your last rambling - could you confirm that you really do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad???
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 02, 2009
Let me summarise - I said I wouldn't do your homework for you and that, like you, I didn't read through the articles you pasted.

I also said I am interested in discussing this once you've read and summarised Memon's responses to the articles you've posted and not read.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 02, 2009
I didn't see an answer to this question:

could you confirm that you really do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad???
event horizon

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 03, 2009
Well, you don't see a lot of things - for example the second and subsequent paragraphs of articles you post!

Chances are, you won't read this paragraph - but I'll say it again anyway. I, like you, haven't read through what you posted - precisely because you haven't shown any sign of having read it either. I am therefore refusing to do your homework for you.

Does your tactic of asking others to read what you haven't and summarise for you work with your school-friends?

That said, I am still interested to see whether you'll read and establish whether Memon has addrressed the points raised in your articles. (I know it is a long shot as it would mean you have to read both what you've posted and what I've linked to, but hey - you asked the question)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is Mirza Ghulam Ahmad The Promised Messiah? Dec 03, 2009
event horizon wrote:I didn't see an answer to this question:

could you confirm that you really do not have an opinion on Mirza Ghulam Ahmad???

^^^
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums