Jizya - Poll Tax

Topic locked
Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 02, 2010
Kennedy says there was a differential in land taxes at some time.

The simple task you have is to give us the rates so we can check whether this differential outweighed the higher zakaat a Muslim would pay.

We are all now clear that landed gentry pay less in jizya than in zakaat - so let's now see what the rates are.

Cheers
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Kennedy says there was a differential in land taxes at some time.

The simple task you have is to give us the rates so we can check whether this differential outweighed the higher zakaat a Muslim would pay.

Go back and read what Kennedy writes - he says that conversion to Islam resulted in a substantial loss of tax revenue for the Islamic state. That's pretty clear that overall taxation was higher for non-Muslims than it was for Muslims.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

It should be easy for you to give us the actual rates of tax on land then.

We will then be able to check out your theory.

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 03, 2010
shafique wrote:It should be easy for you to give us the actual rates of tax on land then.

We will then be able to check out your theory.

Cheers
Shafique

Not my theory, that's what a respected historian has explicitly said.
event horizon

Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 04, 2010
I prefer to verify theories - and here we should see the tax rates to check out whether you are right or not to co-opt Kennedy to your cause.

Why the reluctance to produce evidence? You make allegations against the Quran and don't back it up with Talmudic references that are requested from you, and here you allege higher land taxes but can't tell us the actual rates so we can calculate differences.

All mouth, no trousers seems to be recurring theme.

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 05, 2010
I prefer to verify theories - and here we should see the tax rates to check out whether you are right or not to co-opt Kennedy to your cause.

How can you verify anything when you are ignorant of so many variables?
event horizon

Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 05, 2010
When someone claims one tax was higher than another, I simply ask them for the rates and what they applied to.

It is clear you don't have these facts - so yet another case of all mouth no trousers.

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Jizya - poll tax Feb 06, 2010
So we have arrived at the facts about jizya and are now waiting for eh to give us the rayes of tax that rich folk who owned land had to pay.

I suspect that the young lad will be regretting he made yet another assertion that he can't back up with evidence (noting we are also still waiting for talmudic references to back up his second failed attempt at showing that there are contradictions in the Quran!)

All mouth, no trousers indeed.

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums