"In Islam, A Husband Can Kill His Wife"

Topic locked
"In Islam, a husband can kill his wife" Jan 08, 2012
Muslim scholar sheik Gamal Qutub arguing that in Islam a husband is allowed to kill his wife if he catches her with another man.

However, wives are not allowed to kill their husbands if caught with another woman because that woman could be the husband's 2nd (3rd or 4th) wife the first wife does not know about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtfi0LGv ... re=related

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: "In Islam, A Husband Can Kill His Wife" Jan 08, 2012
event horizon wrote:Muslim scholar sheik Gamal Qutub arguing that in Islam a husband is allowed to kill his wife if he catches her with another man.

Lie.

He doesn't say 'In Islam' at all - but as the video states at the beginning is talking about Egyptian adultery law which has a 'crime of passion' exclusion - if a man kills his wife, he says, it is murder.

Islam not mentioned at all.

As I stated in the first (of 3) posts where you posted the video:
This is yet another example of a Memri special of one guy on a talk show in Egypt.

Also, eh is playing fast and loose with his spin - again. The discussion is about EGYPTIAN adultery law and he's saying that if a man kills his wife it is murder. The only exception is that if he kills her when caught in flagrante, then it is a misdemeanour and not considered murder - i.e. a crime of passion as exists in other countries. This is not an Islamic definition at all. eh is spinning this.

He specifically says that if the man leaves, comes back after an hour and kills the wife -then it is Murder.

Indeed, I wasn't sure that the word 'Islam' or Sharia was mentioned once - perhaps I missed it if it was.

The elephant in the room is that God's punishment for adultery is not death, but 100 lashes - and only after 4 witnesses are to be found. What this guy is proposing is not according to Islam. Simple.

Yet another fail. Islam does not allow honour crimes - and eh boasted that he would e-mail experts on the subject and has yet to do so. Yet another lie?

Big fat fail, eh - better luck next time.

Third time a charm?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums