Dubai's Ruler Accused Of Slavery-BBC!

Topic locked
Dubai's ruler accused of slavery-BBC! Sep 15, 2006
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 15, 2006
Really bad publicity,
i dont understand why would they say tht it was banned 13 yrs ago, it was officially banned in 2005.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai's ruler accused of slavery-BBC! Sep 15, 2006
sniper420 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5346430.stm

Holy crap! bad publicity!

Good Link Sniper.

When i wanted to discuss Racism in Dubai, i was attacked and told that there are far worse places with worse things by some locals.

What do those same locals think about this story then?

Let me guess, a conspiracy... or wait, if they had stayed in their own countries they would have been killed by a landmine or something...so we are helping them really!
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2006
best part of it is, UAE giving 100 million for Katrina aid, rest of the countries contributed 26 million,
Dallas Austin being pardoned in UAE
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Oct 02, 2006
A lawsuit accusing rulers of the United Arab Emirates of enslaving and forcing tens of thousands of young boys to work under brutal conditions as camel jockeys over the past three decades has been filed in the US.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/B4DC8000-1AD0-45B8-A004-A4B9412D9149.htm

Like all other extremist nationlaist the rulers of Dubai are also one of them, As many as 30,000 children enslaved and many of them being killed is the most horrifying reality about the kingdom of UAE. the rulers of UAE Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the deputy ruler, were the most active perpetrators of the crimes.

I wonder why this didnt make the geadline in Gulfnews and Khalejtimes? These people are criminals and they resort back to the pagan practicies of the Arab.
viewsoniczee
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 03, 2006
viewsoniczee wrote:A lawsuit accusing rulers of the United Arab Emirates of enslaving and forcing tens of thousands of young boys to work under brutal conditions as camel jockeys over the past three decades has been filed in the US.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/B4DC8000-1AD0-45B8-A004-A4B9412D9149.htm

Like all other extremist nationlaist the rulers of Dubai are also one of them, As many as 30,000 children enslaved and many of them being killed is the most horrifying reality about the kingdom of UAE. the rulers of UAE Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the deputy ruler, were the most active perpetrators of the crimes.

I wonder why this didnt make the geadline in Gulfnews and Khalejtimes? These people are criminals and they resort back to the pagan practicies of the Arab.

Do you have hard evidence of what you are saying happened.

Meaning, were you there?

In my opinion, a country should deal and fix with their own problems before going and attempting to 'help' fix another.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
bushra21 wrote:Do you have hard evidence of what you are saying happened.

Meaning, were you there?

In my opinion, a country should deal and fix with their own problems before going and attempting to 'help' fix another.

Hmmm Bushra
I think you are being a little unfair here. The Camel Jockey is something that has been a problem for a while now.

http://www.antislavery.org/homepage/res ... allery.htm

http://www.cameljockeys.org/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4236123.stm

I think its a great thing that some sort of action is being taken. I think things like Camel Jockey's , Bad working conditions and Profiling is harming Dubai. If they act more appropriately maybe we can abolish these stains for a far better place?

i mean, lets face it. There is plenty of uproar in the middle east regarding the sub human treatment of the Palestinians by the Isrealis right?
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
Edited by MOD **********************

I respect the fact that you have your own opinion; however, I think you should learn a different, and better way of expressing it.

The indian workers, that you have used in your example mate, were not forced to come here...i.e. no one held a gun to their head, forced them into a plane, to apply for a visa, and stay and work here. They made that decision on their own. They felt that what Dubai could offer them was better than what they had in India at the time and made that decision...

In response to you wanting me to be gang raped...well, you know I have a few questions for you.

Do you have a mother?

Do you have a sister?

Do you have a father, a brother, friends, relatives, someone in this world that you like...not even love, just like?

Do you like yourself?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, I suggest you rethink the whole wishing rape upon me...or anyone for that matter. You continue to use that word, wishing it upon individuals without a care in the world.

Now, imagine if someone from the above questions was to be raped...not gang raped, but raped, by one person and only it was only one time. How would you feel about it then?

You can be an immature child and respond within in seconds of reading this post and say I dont care, I hate everyone and so on and so forth...

Or -- you could be an adult, read what I have written, give it some thought, and reply intelligently.

Your choice my friend.

Oh and I dont feel bad for anyone who chose the life they are living. You should know all facts, concerning anything before accepting and going ahead with it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
bushra21 wrote:I respect the fact that you have your own opinion; however, I think you should learn a different, and better way of expressing it.

The indian workers, that you have used in your example mate, were not forced to come here...i.e. no one held a gun to their head, forced them into a plane, to apply for a visa, and stay and work here. They made that decision on their own. They felt that what Dubai could offer them was better than what they had in India at the time and made that decision...

Yes, but most were braught over with false pretenses. the recruitment drive in Asia by Dubai companies do paint a wonderfull picture. Ive seen them myself when i visited Bagalore. Once they are here there is little they can do. As most employers control their passports, and Lawyers are out of reach.

Regarding Nismo
Bushra, you have replied to him very maturely and you have to be commended for that especially considering the vulgar content.

Ignore him, there is no point in trying to make someone understand the sensitivities of rape, especially if they use it loosely.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
Live and let Live!
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 03, 2006
Guys, bear in mind that we're talking about 'children' here, and very young ones at that. Many were sent back home, but to what? Their families, even if they could find them, don't necessarily want them anymore.

The child jokey thing is a problem that has been an issue here for years.

I remember a couple of years ago, my friend and I went over to watch them racing, you coulnd't get anywhere near the track and if security spotted you with a camera, you were in big trouble. They wouldn't let any unauthorised people into the viewing areas, because they'd already had undercover reporters sneaking in filming the children.

With regard to the labourors, these are adults, capable of making their own decisions, the jockey's are children, mere babies in some cases.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 03, 2006
Well then, if that is the case, I am not absolving the Sheikh of any wrong doing, and I am not saying that he is guilty either BUT

it is also the parents fault for selling their children. because that is essentialy what they are doing, selling , giving their children for money.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
Also, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but the only way to stop these practices here is for the place to get some international humiliation over it, and make it go straight.

Now I know certain people will come back and say that similar things happen in other countries, which is true, but they have been highlighted and people are working to stop these practices, but nothing seems to be done here, are people above the law here? Should they be excused for their actions because of they are? No, of course they shouldn't. And yes the parents are at fault also for letting their children go, but sadly I suspect that all these children come from poor families where maybe it's an only option.

The point is, what needs to be done to stop these things? And to make sure it never happens again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 03, 2006
hasnt the sheikh been humiliated all ready?

so i guess what you are saying needs to happen for change has begun chocs...

now all we can do is wait
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
Yes true, however of course non of the papers here will have the balls to print the stories for fear of being shut down for printing something bad about the UAE or it's rulers. Just like the reporter who wrote that big article about all the nasty stuff that happens here, what happened? He is banned from ever entering the country, it's pathetic.

And what will happen is that people will just hear about this stuff, go 'oh well' and do nothing about it.

What also needs to happen is for people to stop being armchair complainers, and actually raise their voices, petition, etc etc etc and let people know that this kind of activity is unacceptable.

Nothing will change until people stop being scared tiger's and get off their butts and do something.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 03, 2006
I agree Chocs. People are probably more nervous about doing that here because of the possibility of being arrested, jailed, or deported.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Also, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but the only way to stop these practices here is for the place to get some international humiliation over it, and make it go straight.

i Couldnt agree more. Sometimes a slap is needed. When it comes to child abuse, it is one of those times.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
bushra21 wrote:Well then, if that is the case, I am not absolving the Sheikh of any wrong doing, and I am not saying that he is guilty either BUT

it is also the parents fault for selling their children. because that is essentialy what they are doing, selling , giving their children for money.

In most cases children are kidnapped due to the high prizes waiting on offer from the sheikhs.
Also, i must contest that the parents always know what their kids will do once in the Emirates. Ive witnessed the recruitment drive in S E Asia when i visited. They paint rosey pictures, which in reality is not. Far as they are concerned any chance of their child having a better life is a risk worth taking for many.

kanelli wrote:I agree Chocs. People are probably more nervous about doing that here because of the possibility of being arrested, jailed, or deported.

Chocoholic wrote:Nothing will change until people stop being scared tiger's and get off their butts and do something.

i Align with both Choco and Kanelli. however i feel, it will either take an external lawsuit, as in this case, or the local population to make a stand.
Foreign workers who stage protests are usually replaced and their stories never heard.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
Edited by Mod ****************

I bet you have been, would explain your insecurities.

As for people complaing, by being here and enjoying the wealth of Dubai, I hate to say it, but it is an implicit or tacit approval of the actions of the government.

Otherwise, why come here if you object?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 03, 2006
Nismo, that's enough!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 03, 2006
Edited by Mod *****************

What are you 4? 'Your momma' jokes are sooooooo 1990's.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 04, 2006
EYH Bush....grow up will you? u r really annoying, I know ur some sort of super student of 19 yrs old and maybe one day u'll become someone interesting but you have no clue whatsoever about the country u live in with so many human rights issues. :evil: ..
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
the funny part of the story is UAE giving in millions and pardoning Dallas Austin, all this for nothing.
UAE could have used this amount to help its own residents, subsidised their electicity, water and telecom bills. donated to Palestine cause or atleast Tsunami stricken poor countries. why a rich country like US needs such funds.

the news cap
the money it received from the United Arab Emirates was nearly four times as much as it received from all other countries combined. Other nations, including some in the Middle East, also pledged large contributions but have not yet sent the money.

The money from the UAE was previously described by the State Department only as a "very large" contribution. The White House said so far it has received $126 million in international donations, including the UAE money
hillaryrowley
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:EYH Bush....grow up will you? u r really annoying, I know ur some sort of super student of 19 yrs old and maybe one day u'll become someone interesting but you have no clue whatsoever about the country u live in with so many human rights issues. :evil: ..

did i do something to bother you?

i think i have the right to say what i want, i mean, correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that i am not causing any harm by expressing my ideas/beliefs.

also, why do you insist on telling me to grow up?

and one more thing-- yes i am 19, yes i am very smart, and i dont have to wait to become an interesting person my dear...i already am.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
damnn an i thought all the beef an quarrells were in the fight club...

guess im gonna have to start puttin my mark down allover the site ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 06, 2006
the dallas austin thing really got me pissed ....

that too me showed what kindda a goverment this country has ... i mean damnn a two dollar producer ... ( if it was DR.dre i would probably have digested it ) but damnn this two dollar nigga ... comes into the country with drugs and they leave him .... ?????????????????

then they claimin they are a muslim nation .... i thought it was equal rights for everyone .????????

anyone with a logical sense know's what this country is all about ....

thats why i aint even gonna touch on the labour issues ...

them leavin austin to go free says enough....
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 06, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
NoWoRrIeS wrote:EYH Bush....grow up will you? u r really annoying, I know ur some sort of super student of 19 yrs old and maybe one day u'll become someone interesting but you have no clue whatsoever about the country u live in with so many human rights issues. :evil: ..

i think i have the right to say what i want, i mean, correct me if i am wrong, but i believe that i am not causing any harm by expressing my ideas/beliefs.

and one more thing-- yes i am 19, yes i am very smart, and i dont have to wait to become an interesting person my dear...i already am.

I don't doubt you already r but you're obviously not informed well when it comes to human rights issues in Dubai.. and it's not your job to protect any sheikhs, so pls don't take offence, the article wasn't about u
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

I don't doubt you already r but you're obviously not informed well when it comes to human rights issues in Dubai.. and it's not your job to protect any sheikhs, so pls don't take offence, the article wasn't about u

seeing as this is my country, and that i know the sheikhs of this country, i feel that it is my job to stand by them when they need support.

i also think it is fair to say that i am bit more informed on the going ons of this country than you are. perhaps i dont know every single law, but then again who does. but what goes on this country i hear first hand from the sheikhs mouths...so please, dont make untrue statements yourself ma'am.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:
bushra21 wrote:

Nowories...maybe the samething should be said to you, dont get offended or upset if some locals feel compelled to support their sheikhs, and bushra has the right to express her views, so cool down.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums