Christian Groups Boycott Britneys's Will & Grace Cameo

Topic locked
Christian groups boycott Britneys's Will & Grace cameo Feb 07, 2006
Hmmmm - check this out!

BRITNEY Spears' planned appearance on US TV show Will & Grace has sparked anger from Christian campaigners.

Last week showmakers confirmed the singer would appear in the hit series as an uptight Christian TV host who fronts a cooking segment called 'Cruci-fixin's'.

However, Mississippi-based group the American Family Association are calling for the episode to be cancelled because it "mocks the crucifixion of Christ" and believe the designated April 13 broadcast slot "further denigrates Christianity" because it is the eve of Good Friday.

US TV channel NBC issued a statement in defence of the accusations, claiming Britney's role has yet to be determined.

It read: "Some erroneous information was mistakenly included in a press release describing an upcoming episode of Will & Grace, which, in fact, has yet to be written."

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 07, 2006
Lack of respect towards religious beleifs in the West is appauling.... How shameful by the show makers.

PS - I do not beleive in the cruxification. No Muslim does. But still I support the Christian groups in this.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 07, 2006
But if this were the case, they wouldn't be outside the TV Prog offices, attacking the staff and buring it down.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 07, 2006
Thankyou for another jab against Muslims.... Other than that, I have nothing more to say to you on this matter.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 07, 2006
Liban wrote:Thankyou for another jab against Muslims.... Other than that, I have nothing more to say to you on this matter.

Good

:P :P :P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 07, 2006
Freedom FROM religion

Is it really worth it?
pacificsurf619
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums