Buddha Quotes

Topic locked
Buddha quotes Apr 11, 2007
Though I am not a buddhist (or full time) - these ring a lot of sense to me....

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

He is able who thinks he is able.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

A man should first direct himself in the way he should go. Only then should he instruct others.

Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, We make our world.

Born out of concern for all beings.

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Apr 16, 2007
wow, you surprise me jabba. :shock:
freza
Dubai chat master

Apr 16, 2007
whys that freza?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Re: Buddha quotes Jun 10, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Though I am not a buddhist (or full time) - these ring a lot of sense to me....

You yourself, as much as anybody i..... because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.

Buddha kept silent about God

Buddha kept silent about God. This means that God is beyond words, mind and logic as said in the Veda. Buddha means the Buddhi or Jnana yoga that speaks about the absolute God. Thus He is the greatest incarnation of God. If one thinks Him as atheist, there can be no better fool. Mohammed showed the formless medium in which God exists, which is energy and this is presented by Shankara, because basically energy and awareness are one and the same. The prophet itself means human incarnation. Prophet is carrying on the message of God.

The divine knowledge is in Him. Is He not greater than other human beings? Message of divine knowledge is the characteristic of God (Satyam Jnanam – the Veda) and so we say God is in Him. Why do you deny it, when God is omnipresent? Then every human being should give the same message of God, since God is omnipresent. But why Mohammed alone gave it? Because the power of God or knowledge of God is in him only. Then the power of God, in the form of knowledge is not omnipresent. In any case, you have to accept that either God or His Power is only in Prophet Mohammed. That is what human incarnation is.

You are fighting with us, without analysing the concept of human incarnation. Thus Buddha, Mohammed and Shankara have made the single phase, which was essential to the level of the followers at that time. The concept of human incarnation was well established by Krishna and Jesus. You can find all three branches of Hinduism (Advaita, Visishta Advaita, Dvaita) in Christianity because Jesus told that He and God are one and the same (Advaita), that He is the son of God (Visishta Advaita) and that He is the messenger of God (Dvaita). The stage of philosophy was expressed according to the required stage of the people of that time.
dattaswami
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums