Do You Like IP MAN Film?

Topic locked
Do you like IP MAN film? Apr 23, 2014
Ip Man is set in the 1930s in Foshan, a hub of Southern Chinese martial arts, where various schools actively recruit disciples and compete against each other. Although the Wing Chun master Ip Man is the most skilled martial artist in Foshan, he is unassuming and keeps a low profile. As an independently wealthy man, he feels no need to accept any disciples and instead spends his days training, meeting with friends, and spending time with his family. However, his wife is often resentful of the time he spends training and discussing martial arts with friends and colleagues. Though not a professional martial artist, Ip is respected in Foshan due to the abilities he displays in friendly, closed-door competitions with local masters. Ip's reputation is further enhanced when he defeats an aggressive, rude, highly skilled Northern Chinese martial arts master, Jin Shanzhao, thus upholding the regional pride of fellow Southern stylists and others in Foshan.

The Japanese invasion in 1937 adversely affects the life of everyone in Foshan. Ip's house is claimed by the Japanese and used as their Foshan headquarters. Ip and his family lose their wealth and are forced to move into a decrepit house. Desperate to support his family, Ip accepts work as a coolie at a coal mine. The Japanese General Miura, who is a Karate master, establishes an arena where Chinese martial artists compete with his military trainees. The Chinese earn a bag of rice for every match they win. Li Zhao, a former police officer and Ip's acquaintance, is now working as a translator for the Japanese and is making the offer to the martial artists working as coolies. Ip at first declines to participate in the matches. However, when his friend Lin goes missing, he agrees to take part in order to investigate. He is enraged when he sees a fellow Foshan master (Master Liu) mercilessly executed for picking up a bag of rice from a prior victory after giving up in a second match against three karateka. He also comes to understand that Lin was killed in an earlier fight. Barely able to contain his rage, Ip demands a match with ten karateka at once. Despite having not practiced Wing Chun since the invasion began (in order to conserve what little food his family had to survive), he proceeds to mercilessly crush each of them with a brutal barrage of his martial art mastery, showing none of the restraint he exhibited in previous engagements. His skill arouses the interest of Miura, who seeks to learn more about Ip and see him fight again.
52882.jpg
52882.jpg (95.03 KiB) Viewed 3240 times

ip_man_ver3.jpg
ip_man_ver3.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 3240 times

ipman3-d529efd94ed4b47ae773e7853dd9248255702e81-s6-c30.jpg

--- May 19, 2014 ---

IP MAN, i had see this film again, very great

Tomthomas
Dubai Forum User

Re: Do You Like IP MAN Film? Jun 29, 2014
Yeah, it was an awesome movie. I have seen it
jimjonny82
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Do You Like IP MAN Film? Jul 02, 2014
The film is good. But it creates the wrong impression that Win Chun is a superior kung-fu style - which is very far from true.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Do You Like IP MAN Film? Jul 19, 2014
I have never seen this movie and I think now I should go ahead and look for this. I like action movie and this one is looks promising.
preetihospital
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk