Da Vinci Code

Topic locked
Da Vinci Code May 02, 2006
what's the latest buzz about the upcoming movie, da vinci code?

saracen
Dubai Forums Member

May 02, 2006
innital reports are that people hate tom hanks new haircut....which have been putting off test audiences in the us....apparently it has been fashioned after the current japansese monarch...also if you've real da vinci code...get your hands on holy blood holy grail...its very comprehensive and has the danger of putting you to sleep...but its more factoid...whereas da vinci code is more fictionalized....
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 02, 2006
To be honest who gives a crap about Tom's hair? Shouldn't audiences be more interested in the narrative of the movie? That's just lame! Tom Hanks is one of my favourite actors, I don't care what he looks like as long as he does a good job of portaying Robert Langdon.

Can't wait for this movie - loved the book!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
choc
agree with you 100% percent on that...really do like him too...especially all his earlier movies...BIG is my personal favourite...!!!....
constantine

May 02, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH Yes. And Splash, Joe and the Volcano, Turner & Hooch, Philadelphia was awsome, it makes me cry everytime I see it. Forrest Gump.

He's great when he works with Ron Howard directing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
ron howard...great director...do you notice how he always sneaks his brother in for a role in his film...no matter what the context...most of the ron howard movies will feature a cameo by his brother!!...now thats loyalty!!...
constantine

May 02, 2006
Really I didn't know that.

Ron Howard has done some great movies, not bad for a guy that uwsed to be geeky Richie in Happy Days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
yeah i wonder what happened to "chachi"...did i get the spelling right...anyhou...notice how all topics start out and end up in alaska...poor person who wanted to know about da vinci code will end up knowing about happy days...
constantine

May 02, 2006
Well I'm just wondering how much of the Davinci Code will be cut.

I'm itching to see it, it has loads of my favourite actors in it:

Tom Hanks
Ian McKellen
Jean Reno
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 06, 2006
wr
guyfromsydney
Dubai Forum User

May 06, 2006
constantine wrote:also if you've real da vinci code...get your hands on holy blood holy grail...its very comprehensive and has the danger of putting you to sleep...

Oh yes :shock: ... But DVC was great 8)...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2006
Brilliant Book

Brilliant Film ( seen already, dont ask please how i seen it, Chocs will start giving me a hard time)

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
arniegang wrote:Brilliant Book

Brilliant Film ( seen already, dont ask please how i seen it, Chocs will start giving me a hard time)

:lol: :lol:

think i have a clue...thats why i didnt answer choco earlier about how i saw memoirs of a geisha earlier than anyone else... :lol: :lol:
constantine

May 09, 2006
Cons

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or Choc will suss us out.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Davinci May 09, 2006
Mine is only a screener though....how upsetting! cant bring myself to watch it...
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Davinci May 09, 2006
thorntonashley wrote:Mine is only a screener though....how upsetting! cant bring myself to watch it...

now you've got me curious...where did you get yer hands on a screener...you work for the distributor or the press/media too?
hmm....
constantine

May 09, 2006
errrm constantine, i have no idea what you are talking about... lol by a screener i meant a 25 second teaser of the trailer ! lol

arnie must be in the know how though....or knows a really good underground Torrent to use thats I.P locked for specific users..!
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 09, 2006
thorntonashley wrote:errrm constantine, i have no idea what you are talking about... lol by a screener i meant a 25 second teaser of the trailer ! lol

arnie must be in the know how though....or knows a really good underground Torrent to use thats I.P locked for specific users..!

ash
screener in media speak means a full length movie given to the media for advance critic screenings and reviews...so we get it well ahead of the general release dates...also sometimes its got holes in the movies where the special effects have not yet been put it...meaning it literally comes off the unfinished stages for press peeks...example...when i got the matrix screener...the parts where NEO was flying wasnt even complete...hope that explains it!!
constantine

May 09, 2006
Yep, and screener very ften aren't the final versions, they can also be used with test audiences in private screenings to get a reaction and decide whether to take it back to be re-edited.

I'm desperately waiting for a call from the distributors here to let me know the print is available for pre-screenings - ahhhh can't wait!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yep, and screener very ften aren't the final versions, they can also be used with test audiences in private screenings to get a reaction and decide whether to take it back to be re-edited.

I'm desperately waiting for a call from the distributors here to let me know the print is available for pre-screenings - ahhhh can't wait!

thus coming to a full circle about the part that test audiences hated tom hanks hair...though thats only in the US...i frankly dont give a toss about his hair...rather his acting...which is stellar...he'd make a rambo movie look like akira kurosawa...
constantine

May 09, 2006
constantine...thank you for the info on the screeners...i am aware what they are, i was joking in my previous post....there are ways to obtain screeners when you are not part of the media...you just have to look hard...lol
The phrase 'for your consideration' may ring some bells !
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 09, 2006
ash
get what you mean... :wink: ...hey chocs tried PM ing back to you...some reason its not going out of my outbox...will wait and see till tom...
constantine

May 10, 2006
Darn it! Now they're saying that the movie might not be cleared by the censors here as it's offensive to Christians - give me a figgin Kit Kat!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Darn it! Now they're saying that the movie might not be cleared by the censors here as it's offensive to Christians - give me a figgin Kit Kat!

Damn Chrisitians, when will they learn to relax it's only an F'n movie :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Darn it! Now they're saying that the movie might not be cleared by the censors here as it's offensive to Christians - give me a figgin Kit Kat!

Did they release Passion of Christ here?

If yes, then I don't see why they wouldn't release this...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
Yes of course they released Passion of the Christ! And the audiences were mostly made up of locals wanting to see what all the fuss was about.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yes of course they released Passion of the Christ! And the audiences were mostly made up of locals wanting to see what all the fuss was about.

I saw the movie as did many Muslims. It was, lets say, interesting.... Though, of course, we Muslims have a different view of the events 2000 years ago...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
Trouble is Liban, you have to bear in mind that POTC was a depiction of the life of Christ.

Da Vinci Code basically insinuates that the version of the life of Christ as accepted from the Bible and the Vatican is a lie. That he was married to Mary and they had a child together.

The book and movie focus on the story that the whole thing is a big cover up to prevent mankind from discovering the truth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Trouble is Liban, you have to bear in mind that POTC was a depiction of the life of Christ.

Da Vinci Code basically insinuates that the version of the life of Christ as accepted from the Bible and the Vatican is a lie. That he was married to Mary and they had a child together.

The book and movie focus on the story that the whole thing is a big cover up to prevent mankind from discovering the truth.

Choco, POTC was a depiction of the life of Christ through the eyes of a Christian (Mel Gibson), it is not necessarily 100% as factual as say Columbus's 1492 "discovery" of America....

As for the Da Vinci Code.... Whether or not it is a cover up is not a factor in blocking it. It should be treated as a work of fiction by the doubters of the story and as an interesting documentary type look into the story by those beleiving it.

I mean the Exorcist was not banned and that goes to the core of Christianity, Islam and Judeism (as the devil is shunned in all three great faiths)...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
actually very well written Lib, agree 100%
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk