Movie Recommencation Website

Topic locked
Re: Movie recommencation website Oct 07, 2010
melika969 wrote:Talking abt french movies, reminds me I always wanted to review Kieslowski's triology and "double life of Veronique". I watched them like 8 years ago and I m sure they would bw more interesting now!

well I m not sure if Kieslowski's movies are categorized as french or not, as he was Polish!

Three colours, although they were ploclaimed by director as the colours of French flag, is not French movie for me.

I like French films for their lightness and alive actors, especially young ones, the style of Jean-Luc Godard, Francois Truffaut, Bennex and early Luc Besson (I mean Subway, the English period of this director has been utter crap).

The trilogy of Kieslowski mostly reminds me another Slavic masterpiece "THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING". You can see even according to the title it's quite opposite to my definition of French film.
8) 8) 8)

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

"THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING", although it was an amazing movie, but same as the other movies based on books, I loved the book much more.

It would be great if they made a movie based on "Immortality", the other book of this author.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:"THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING", although it was an amazing movie, but same as the other movies based on books, I loved the book much more.

It would be great if they made a movie based on "Immortality", the other book of this author.

I disagree. I was not impressed the book because it's too depressive and too political (1968 events). On the other hand movie is clearly showed that happyness depend on personality more that on political situation. I think you disagree with this statement. :wink:

Another good example is "One flew over the coocoo nest".
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Well honeslty I didnt get anything abt being happy internally from the movie or the book, to me it was all abt the hardships of being a human being and how the happiness is just an illusion! as the title says: the unbearable lightness of being

and I got the whole feeling and emotions more from the book,as u said it was more depressive! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:Well honeslty I didnt get anything abt being happy internally from the movie or the book, to me it was all abt the hardships of being a human being and how the happiness is just an illusion! as the title says: the unbearable lightness of being

and I got the whole feeling and emotions more from the book,as u said it was more depressive! :lol:

He-he, in my view you should re-watch the film. It's about undearabal LIGHTNESS, not unbearable being. :wink:

Anyway in such a masterpiece each person can easy find the thing that is close to her/his expectations.
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:He-he, in my view you should re-watch the film. It's about undearabal LIGHTNESS, not unbearable being. :wink:

yeaaa! lightness or being, the thing is, it is UNBEARABLE! :wink:

Red Chief wrote:Anyway in such a masterpiece each person can easy find the thing that is close to her/his expectations.
8) 8) 8)

true, lets agree to disagree! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Movie recommencation website Oct 08, 2010
melika969 wrote:I appreciate that DD! :wink: I always wanted to watch "The big Lebowski", will download it soon.

I've just rewatched "The Big Lebowski" second time to understand what specialy funny there. The impression is totally the same: nothing special. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 09, 2010
You probally didn't get it/ Where do you think my nick desertdude is inspired from. its from "The Dude"/ Oh and white russian was a drink ;)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Movie recommencation website Oct 09, 2010
Red Chief wrote:
melika969 wrote:I appreciate that DD! :wink: I always wanted to watch "The big Lebowski", will download it soon.

I've just rewatched "The Big Lebowski" second time to understand what specialy funny there. The impression is totally the same: nothing special. :wink:

hmm, well I know some intellectuals whose best ever movie is "The big lebowski", so I would give it a chance! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:hmm, well I know some intellectuals whose best ever movie is "The big lebowski", so I would give it a chance! :wink:

I know only one on DF, who even chose his avatare after the main charackter. Big intelectual indeed. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:I know only one on DF, who even chose his avatare after the main charackter. Big intelectual indeed. :wink:

I havent seen the movie yet, so whose avatar is after the main character?!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 09, 2010
The cheif was trying to be witty, obviously it didn't work. No wonder he didn't get the movie ;)
desertdudeshj

Re: Movie recommencation website Oct 15, 2010
I just watched "the big Lebowski", I enjoyed the movie and it's all about Coen brothers talent! they never disappoint me!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 15, 2010
8) Awesome. Sad ol' cheify didn't get it. Maybe something more close to home like Red heat or K19 widow maker :D
desertdudeshj

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 16, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:8) Awesome. Sad ol' cheify didn't get it. Maybe something more close to home like Red heat or K19 widow maker :D

I did not say that it's a bad film but pretty ordinary comedy only in my view. Dude, once more discuss topic, not people or their tastes. The only difference between you and me is that I always have opinion after watching movie or listening song but you frequintly before performance. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 16, 2010
XOXOX !!!
desertdudeshj

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 18, 2010
I have just watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)", the film that The criticker advised me a lot. It's really impressive film. Moreover I like acting of Jim Kerry without his ordinary clownade. As for Winslet she is the great actresss. Her character is as alive as in French movies.

"The Reader", "Revolutionary Road" and "Eternal Sunshine" is a good collection of roles.

I gave the film 87.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Oct 18, 2010
I ve watched all those 3 movies, "Eternal sunshine" is interesting because of the acting as u said, and the story was kinda new!
In "Reader" and "Revolutionary word", Winslet showed her real talent! and won prize for both, which she really deserved.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Movie recommencation website Oct 23, 2010
Just saw "the town" and somehow this is a movie that I will remember. Still trying to figur out why. Recent movies that stayed in my mind are 'the wrestler" and "crazy heart". For this movie I found the role of Blake Lively extremely well played. One might say she is white trash, but different. Perhaps it is this "different" that got to me. The quote of the movie for me comes from her: "Why is it always me that is getting used?".
The story line is well known, FBI against the bank robbers. The background is an Irish criminal neighborhood in Boston. Directing (Ben Affleck) was great and set the atmosphere well. I have to admit Ben suprised me, with his directing (not the acting).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Movie recommencation website Nov 09, 2010
Red Chief wrote:I saw only "The Wrestler" after Speedie's recomendation. Very impressive film.

By the way I always wanted to know your opinion about "Time of the Gypsies" (1988)

Hey Chief, I watched this movie based on ur comment! and I really enjoyed it, it was interesting for me how a small village in Yugoslavia can be so familiar to me! you know as they are muslims etc etc

Direction was good, the story was amazing and considering that the actors were not proffessional, they were very good too.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Movie recommencation website Nov 11, 2010
melika969 wrote:
Red Chief wrote:I saw only "The Wrestler" after Speedie's recomendation. Very impressive film.

By the way I always wanted to know your opinion about "Time of the Gypsies" (1988)

Hey Chief, I watched this movie based on ur comment! and I really enjoyed it, it was interesting for me how a small village in Yugoslavia can be so familiar to me! you know as they are muslims etc etc

Direction was good, the story was amazing and considering that the actors were not proffessional, they were very good too.

He-he for me "it was all abt the hardships of being a human being" even in so rough conditions. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Movie Recommencation Website Nov 11, 2010
the hardships?
but I thought you are fan of happiness! ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:the hardships?
but I thought you are fan of happiness! ;)

Thanks for the correction. First of all the film is about ability and courage and only secondly about hardships.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

I agree. So you liked the story but what do you think of movie as whole?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk