Miami Vice

Topic locked
Miami Vice Aug 09, 2006
Starring:

Colin 'Feckin' Farrell - Sonny Crockett
Jamie Foxx - Ricardo Tubbs
Dir - Michael Mann

Basically two undercover cops have to infiltrate a big drug ring to expose the big wigs.

Don't go in thinking it's going to be like the original 80's tv series, because it's not. It's action loaded and the actors do a pretty good job, although Colin could be accused of overacting in some scenes.

It's a very long movie at 2and a half hours, and at times is a bit disjointed and hard to work out who is doing what to who. But great locations and scenery, (amused me alot when many of the planks in the cinema saw a water fall and all shouted out - ahh Niagra - er no actually Brazil - morons!)

Michael Mann very often uses documentary style shooting and mixed film formats which add great effect, especially in the action sequences.

Trivia - Colin Farrell was so desperate for a smoke during filming - he couldn't smoke as none of the characters are seen smoking and there were too many explosives and pyros on set - that the wardrobe department sewed hundreds of nicotine patches into his outfits, to give him his fix. Sad but true!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2006
All the reviews I have read say it is complete WANK! However, I never listen to them, but will be going to see it soon.

Bring back the original Crockett & Tubbs!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 13, 2006
chocs do u see all the movies as soon as they are released :lol:

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 13, 2006
Yes, the lucky "Mooooooooooo" seems to have connections/able to get tickets to watch all the movies before they hit the screens. Great job she has! :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 13, 2006
Pretty much. If there's pre-screenings or press screenings then I'm usually there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Pretty much. If there's pre-screenings or press screenings then I'm usually there.

Lucky you!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 13, 2006
Indeed - lucky me :D I don't pay to watch movies in the cinema, which is actually quite destimental as I spend hours there every week stuffing my face with toffee popcorn.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 14, 2006
Please don't mention toffee popcorn in front of Feipo! :shock: :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 29, 2006
Watched Miami vice, it is the one to watch. I don't know what it is about the movie that I think most people will like, it is defiantly not the act because no one had to do much especially Colin Farrel, the storey was normal too but the movie has the wow factor. Anyone feel the same?
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

blag ... ok time to turn off the DVD :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Pretty much. If there's pre-screenings or press screenings then I'm usually there.

Has anyone seen MIAMI VICE? I wanted to know if it's worth wathcing it?? or wait for a pirate D VD ??
DXB69LONDON
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk