Favorite Movie - The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Topic locked

DID u love the movie?

Great!
88%
Average
No votes
Nah
No votes
Havent watched it
13%

Total votes : 8

Favorite movie - The Shawshank Redemption (1994) Jun 05, 2005
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

When this popular prison drama was released in 1994, some critics complained that the movie was too long (142 minutes) to sustain its story. Those complaints miss the point, because the passage of time is crucial to this story about patience, the squeaky wheels of justice, and the growth of a life-long friendship. Only when the film reaches its final, emotionally satisfying scene do you fully understand why writer-director Frank Darabont (adapting a novella by Stephen King) allows the story to unfold at its necessary pace, and the effect is dramatically rewarding. Tim Robbins plays a banker named Andy who's sent to Shawshank Prison on a murder charge, but as he gets to know a life-term prisoner named Red (Morgan Freeman), we realize there's reason to believe the banker's crime was justifiable. We also realize that Andy's calm, quiet exterior hides a great reserve of patience and fortitude, and Red comes to admire this mild-mannered man who first struck him as weak and unfit for prison life. So it is that The Shawshank Redemption builds considerable impact as a prison drama that defies the conventions of the genre (violence, brutality, riots) to illustrate its theme of faith, friendship, and survival. Nominated for seven Academy Awards including Best Picture, Actor, and Screenplay, it's a remarkable film that signaled the arrival of a promising new filmmaker--a film that many movie lovers count among their all-time favorites. --Jeff Shannon

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Review Jun 05, 2005
One of my Favorite movie, I loved the acting, cast, music, story and most of all the plot. It is second in Imdb list with more than 100,000 positive votes. The acting by Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins were amazing. This was one of the movie which you will enjoy towards the end leaving smile on your face.

Loves - acting, cast, music, story & script
Hates- None!

Rating :- 9.5/10 Excellent :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2008
Yes - the greatest movie of all time. Well, atleast as per IMDb! It is (like Fight Club extremely quotable.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

for fans of the movie, the SE DVD has a great segment from the Charlie Rose Show with Frank Darabont, Tim Robbins & Morgan Freeman.
shariqq
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2008
hmm :roll:
Andez
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 11, 2009
one of my favorites!!! i loved the storyline, the twists & turns plus the actors. very good production, i don't see any reason why anybody would complain about the length of the film, the film is so engaging that you cannot wait to see what will happen next 8) 8) 8)
global_headhunter
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk